Gransnet forums

Chat

Silly Sausage

(34 Posts)
gillybob Fri 10-Feb-17 11:32:53

My DD bought DH (her stepdad) a sausage making course for two for a recent birthday. She wrapped the voucher up in a pack of sausages!

Well the course is tomorrow and DH (bless his heart) thinks he is going to do a very serious "class" and make a pound or two of gourmet sausages and that's it. I can't stop giggling at the thought of it (I am doing it with him) and from what I have heard the "class" can become very silly and childish (if you get what I mean) DH will be sooooooo out of his comfort zone it doesn't bear thinking about . grin

Am I wicked for looking forward to even more because of this?

maddyone Sun 12-Feb-17 00:51:22

Gillybob, am I wicked..... Well probably in the nicest kind of way, but I'd be the same! Go ahead and enjoy, I think it'll be a lot of fun.

gillybob Sun 12-Feb-17 10:14:25

Reporting back on the "Gourmet Sausage Making" course. smile

It was absolutely fantastic and the best fun DH and I have had in ages. The one we went to was run by the Northumberland Gourmet Sausage Company based in Corbridge, Northumberland but there are probably others.

For the record the meat was excellent cuts of Pork Shoulder (no crap in there whatsoever) and you have to make your own mince before you start. Then you can add pretty much whatever you like from the various ingredients available. We decided on Leek and Apple for one batch and Honey and Thyme for the second batch which you get to bring home with you.

The "Sausoligist" (as she called herself) kept the innuendo just right, a bit cheeky but not too over the top although squirting the sausage meat into the "skin" is a cause for much hilarity and there really is only one method you can use hmm .

Making the links is trickier than you think and our first batch are a bit "questionable" but as the Sausoligist said "sausages do come in various thucknesses and lengths"
Our second batch were almost perfect if I say so myself!

All in all it was a brilliant afternoon That I would highly recommend. smile

Jane10 Sun 12-Feb-17 10:21:08

Sounds excellent gillybob. Have you eaten them yet?

gillybob Sun 12-Feb-17 10:34:47

Not yet Jane10 they recommend that you rest them for a day or 2 I guess all sausages need to rest. Although some probably need to rest longer than others
We now have enough sausages to feed a small army !

Jane10 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:28:08

Awww. That's nice. Hope they are tucked up safely with a 'do not disturb' notice.
Resting sausages!! What next.

POGS Sun 12-Feb-17 15:51:54

Glad you had a good day out.

If I lived up there I definitely would be booking a day out with hubby or daughter.

Nice for somebody to come back with an update too.

Ana Sun 12-Feb-17 15:56:18

Glad it turned out so well gillybob, I must admit I did feel a teeny bit worried about your DH's reaction but obviously he wasn't too far out of his comfort zone! grin

gillybob Sun 12-Feb-17 17:27:05

The "Sausoligist" lady was telling us about a class she ran the previous week Ana in which there were 15 women and 1 man (poor thing). shock Now if that had of been the case for us, DH would have probably chickened out. As it stood it was a good mix of ages and men/women so all fine.