Gransnet forums

Chat

The Blob

(36 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 25-Feb-17 22:13:16

Ok I am hogging the forum but posted such a miserable thread thought I would try to amuse you.

Wednesday evening I felt so ill I called the doctor out, I have white coat syndrome grin so proof I was feeling realy I'll. Anyway seems a urine infection and also need blood test. Thursday morning let my dogs into the garden and slam in the middle was a tent, one of those dome like things. Each side of the garden is a seven foot fence snd st the bottom a ten foot wall. I thought - I am hallucinating , but no. Wd have storms so throughout each day it has been spot the tent , on the lawn, on the patio, on the shed base - can't afford the shed yet, up against the fences , one side then the other, concerned it would blow on my dogs but they are fascinated by it.

This morning, not my brightest time of day mentally, I went to let the dogs out and spot the tent. Opened the back door and there was the tent, against the door frame filling the exit, couldn't budge it, wing blew hard and it sort of swelled into the entrance , couldn't know close the door. So breakfast was eaten in the kitchen with two dogs crossing their legs, wind blowing through the kitchen and the blob jammed in the doorway. It did roll on it's merry way , this evening is blocking the side gate .

Ask my son in law if he thought the council would take it away, his reply? Don't be daft, they will charge you business tax for running a camping site. grin

Anniebach Mon 27-Feb-17 13:10:11

It has been removed, refuge didn't know what to do, repairs didn't know, refuge did say it could be removed for £25 , as I expected. Finally housing dept sorted it out so no more blob . My offer of camping in Wales sadly has to be withdrawn , no tent

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 16:35:11

Ana grin

Ana Sun 26-Feb-17 16:26:34

Keep it for future great-grandchildren then! smile

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 16:24:16

Cherry, a heatwave in June is classed a miracle in Wales ?

Trisher , lovely thought but - they are 24, 20 and 17 grin

TriciaF Sun 26-Feb-17 16:17:25

I would keep it. If your grandchildren come to visit they can play in it, or even sleep overnight!
Finders keepers, especially if there's no identification. They're quite expensive.

Cherrytree59 Sun 26-Feb-17 15:44:29

Annie your garden now just needs a sand pit and a deckchair
Oh and a February heat wave!

Jalima Sun 26-Feb-17 15:32:12

It was very strange, she was walking past and he leaned over the fence and took her pony tail in his beak then let go - it probably didn't taste fishy!

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 15:20:47

I was shocked when Percy came at me , he looked so sweet and I was only walking on a path about seven foot away , woosh came Percy, would be so frightening for a child , frightened me

Jalima Sun 26-Feb-17 15:14:57

A pelican once took a bite at DD when she was little, luckily only got her pony tail!

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 14:15:58

Sensible choice, nasty creatures, I have been chased by geese, a swan and a pelican named Percy

Galen Sun 26-Feb-17 13:09:26

That's why the romans had them as sentinels

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 12:31:19

Thank you Glammananna , I love ducks , geese are a different matter, nasty creatures and not funny when they chase you

glammanana Sun 26-Feb-17 12:24:36

I can send you a couple of ducks which escaped from market gardens close to my house,set yourself up in the egg laying business to supply your campers. grin

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 12:20:53

But who would want a paddling pool in February ?

MissAdventure Sun 26-Feb-17 12:15:19

I wonder if, somewhere, some hapless campers woke up sans tent? smile

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 12:07:23

Update

Looked inside the tent, no body but I now have a paddling pool ?

Anniebach Sun 26-Feb-17 09:07:18

Haven't been able to look inside, we have had gales since Wednesday night, I can just see the front page of our local paper, pensioner run over in her garden by a tent ?

TriciaF Sun 26-Feb-17 09:00:30

Yes, have a look inside for identification, as someone suggested.
In our camping days we once had a dome tent. We always camped on a hill. One windy morning we had got up to wash etc in the stream below, and the tent was caught by a gust of wind, ripped out the pegs, and blew away.
We found it eventually.

ninathenana Sun 26-Feb-17 06:54:10

Made me chuckle.
If it was me I think I'd weigh it down, stick a sign in my front window saying you have it (ask callers for colour etc. so you know it's theirs) and give it a few more days and then dispose of it.

Grandma2213 Sun 26-Feb-17 00:58:18

If I remember rightly the Blob was taken and frozen in the Arctic. May I remind you about global warming!!! Dan da daaa!

If your Blob is one of those easy pop up things. Catching it and folding it back up may be a real challenge! My DGS has pop up goal which has to stay up in the garage as none of the family has been able to get it back in the bag!

Chewbacca Sat 25-Feb-17 23:47:25

I don't live too far from there Jalima , about 1 hour and so I go on a "girls weekend" a couple of times a year. Pure bliss!

cornergran Sat 25-Feb-17 23:36:15

That made me smile, annie. Tents have a mind of their own. The last time we used our trailer tent complete with huge awning was on a Welsh cliff top. It blew, it stormed, it blew some more. I slept in the car while Mr C and our eldest held the thing down. We sold it very soon after. Love Portmeirion, it's a magical place I think, haven't been for years, now I am reminded it's going on the 'places I want to return to' list. Hope 'the blob' behaves Itself tonight annie. Guess you could keep it and see if anyone advertises a reward for its return?

Jalima Sat 25-Feb-17 23:30:06

It's years since we went, it was a surprise for my birthday one year - DH surpassed himself!

Chewbacca Sat 25-Feb-17 23:24:56

Portmeirion is lovely isn't it Jalima ? They still have a day every year (August, i think) when visitors turn up wearing those black blazers trimmed with white edges. And they also have the huge penny farthings bikes and the big plastic balls that were used to keep the Prisoner in check.

janetta46 Sat 25-Feb-17 23:20:00

You are right, Jalima, Steve McQueen. Why do I always confuse the two of them? They are nothing alike.