Gransnet forums

Chat

Uses of technollogy

(4 Posts)
Frannytoo Sun 05-Mar-17 15:43:46

Last night I left my iPhone at the cinema. I realised this about 9.00 pm. This was worrying as it contains personal details. We phoned the cinema but a search could not be done until after midnight. I envisaged a sleepless night. I remembered that I have an app on my iPad FIND MY IPHONE. To my delight a street map appeared showing that it was in the cinema! The next morning it showed it was still there (not spirited miles away). It made me think of the star over Bethlehem. This morning we were able to retrieve the phone much to my relief.

norose4 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:28:46

Brilliant technology...glad you got your phone back ... don't mind me asking but is your reference to Bethlehem a sign that you worship your phone & had the equivalent importance as the three kings being guided to Jesus ?

grannypiper Mon 06-Mar-17 07:51:53

Maybe this a warning to everyone not to store any information/photos on your phone that you wouldnt want anyone else to see

Marje Mon 06-Mar-17 19:47:20

I was given a Doro Liberto 820 Mini phone and am having difficulty using the keyboard. I never seem to hit the right key (fingers too big, nails too long?). Anyone have one of these and can give me any tips?