Gransnet forums

Chat

Well, I was very tired.......

(14 Posts)
HenHarrier24 Sat 15-Apr-17 21:39:16

Today, after a strenuous visit to the play farm, I closed my eyes for a minute. GS shouted WAKE UP, THE SUN'S SHINING!! face about 2 inches from mine....
Turns out, he's been trained by parents to use a Groclock, and only wake up/get out of bed when the clock face turns from moon and stars to smiley sun face ?

VIOLETTE Sat 15-Apr-17 15:00:01

Sounds like an excellent idea ....the way to get a sneaky 40 winks !!! Encourage any GC's to play this kind of game !! brilliant ....not sure about the speed bump though !grin

hulahoop Fri 14-Apr-17 21:41:55

Good one kitty

SueDoku Fri 14-Apr-17 09:19:13

When DGD was 2, she developed a habit of picking up any banknote that her DF left lying around (he had a bad habit of emptying his pockets & just leaving the cash on tables etc) and bringing It to me, always pointing to the picture on it and shouting, 'Grandma, it's Grandma'..! grin
Apart from wearing glasses, anyone less like HM it would be hard to find...
Then one day she found his wallet (also left on the bookcase in the hall) and I presented him with £90, his credit card & his work security pass... shock
He's stopped leaving stuff around...! wink

goldengirl Thu 13-Apr-17 10:57:25

Love it N&G grin

Teetime Thu 13-Apr-17 08:29:20

Love it kitty

Jalima1108 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:16:41

N&G grin

kitty when I used to read the DC bedtime stories I usually fell asleep before they did - and I was a lot younger then!

grannylyn65 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:13:43

kudos kitty

Elrel Wed 12-Apr-17 20:41:21

Oh, Nana!
Being shown the new fiver GS 6 thoughtfully commented that I was like Churchill. I wondered whether it was his leadership skills or his literary ability we had in common so asked 'Why?' GS replied 'You're both overweight.' It seems he'd been told that he shouldn't say 'fat'.
Trying not to chuckle I explained that people who are 'overweight' do know and really prefer not to be told.

cornergran Wed 12-Apr-17 20:36:55

grin n&g.

shysal Wed 12-Apr-17 20:30:42

grin

NanaandGrampy Wed 12-Apr-17 20:26:53

My enlightening moment came when my 4 year old grandson said ' let's play buses , I'll be the bus driver.'

I said ' what shall I be?' .

He looked me up and down and announced ' you can be the speed bump Nana !'

Juliette Wed 12-Apr-17 18:12:30

That made me smile kl we used to play ambulances when DGS was small. Needless to say I was always the patient and had to lie on the settee, often managed forty winks while he drove me to hospital. smile

kittylester Wed 12-Apr-17 17:54:07

I helped at an Alzheimer's Course this morning while DH went to collect Bertie (5) and Persie (4). After lunch, we went to the park and when we got back Pa and Bertie did jigsaws while Persie and I played 'mummies and babies'. I was baby and had to have a nap while mummy went shopping. Unfortunately, mummy didn't come back and, you can guess the rest........DH came to look for me about half an hour later. blush