Gransnet forums

Chat

70th birthday present ideas ...

(10 Posts)
Coppernob Sat 15-Apr-17 21:48:47

.... for the man (my brother) who has everything, including Parkinson's Disease. I'm completely lacking in inspiration and would welcome any ideas.

Bellanonna Sat 15-Apr-17 22:17:52

Theatre tickets? Some other kind of treat?

stillaliveandkicking Sat 15-Apr-17 22:27:04

What does he like?

Rigby46 Sat 15-Apr-17 22:32:44

Does he like plants - Plants4Presents online - good range of gifts - all including plants ( house and garden) and choice of gifts to go with them
Does he like afternoon tea? Delimans of Devon deliver whole range of afternoon teas

Christinefrance Sun 16-Apr-17 08:38:56

Can he manage a day or afternoon out, your company would be welcome. An agreement to do something of his choice on a regular basis would be good too. Sometimes lots of things happen on a birthday then nothing the rest of the year. I'm not suggesting this is the case with you and your brother but something to think about.

durhamjen Sun 16-Apr-17 10:16:12

Trees, at the nearest Woodland Trust site to where he lives. We started doing this over thirty years ago and have now bought trees all over the country for various people.
We started for my inlaws golden wedding, as they didn't need any presents.

www.woodlandtrust.org.uk

Hilltopgran Sun 16-Apr-17 11:52:09

How about a donation to Parkinsons charity/research, it is so difficult to buy a gift as we get older. You can then find the right card and a small personal item/favorite biscuits, wine etc to give in person.

gillybob Sun 16-Apr-17 11:58:32

Depending on your budget Coppernob

Music (CD's)or vouchers so he can choose his own.

An ipod filled with previously downloaded music to suit his taste (most are very easy to use)

Talking books

A nice comfy garden chair or cushion

A soft cosy blanket

A very on-trend panama hat for keeping the sun off and/or sitting in the garden

A bird table

Coppernob Sun 16-Apr-17 20:45:18

Thanks for all the ideas. Investigating some of them.

absent Mon 17-Apr-17 07:28:16

A copy of the front page one of the main newspapers, such as the Times or Daily Telegraph, or a local paper, on the day he was born, framed?