Gransnet forums

Chat

Best buy/Never buy

(77 Posts)
lizzypopbottle Sun 16-Apr-17 13:45:16

What's the best thing you've bought lately?
What one thing would you never buy?

My recent best buy is a Cole and Mason Fresh Herb Keeper. We had been buying cut mint and parsley twice a week for our regular fasting day recipe (Rick Stein - Gigantes) and we always used far less than we threw away because it deteriorated so fast no matter what we did. So wasteful! The above gadget is absolutely amazing. It really works! The instructions suggest keeping it in the fridge but it's a little too tall for that. It works perfectly well on the window sill. My daughter and son-in-law have one. They got theirs from John Lewis but mine came from Amazon.

http://www.coleandmason.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/c/ecomm_0005_h105159_fresh_herb_keeper_hero_hr_1.jpg

I will never spend good money buying jeans that already have rips, tears, holes and artfully distressed and worn bits. When my jeans wear out at the knee I throw them out or occasionally cut them off as shorts.

annodomini Sat 06-May-17 19:43:36

My Kenwood Mini Chopper which was a Delia recommendation around 7 years ago when I bought it. It makes paté in seconds and chops nuts as finely or coarsely as you want; and it takes up vety little room on the worktop. It's a bit more expensive than it was when I got it but still great value.