Gransnet forums

Chat

Please Visit !

(19 Posts)
Hopehope Sun 14-May-17 18:51:26

Hello everyone,
I am very excited to be having a go at editing the local GN site for North Yorkshire. ( I am still on a trial period, and finding my way around)

Please drop in and have a peep, if only to laugh at my profile photo grin.

You don't have to live in the area, North Yorkshire has many tourists so perhaps if you are planning a visit it may be a handy place to look. we have a local forum too, and I really look forward to seeing you all popping over and posting.

Thank You, by the way my user name on the local site is Elthie.

rosesarered Sun 14-May-17 19:11:05

Well done Hope am sure you will do a great job of it, and attract posters to the site.
I don't live there (but used to) still have a holiday there now and again.smile

Auntieflo Sun 14-May-17 19:22:07

Good luck to you in your new venture/adventure. I admire you as I wouldn't have the nerve to try. Congratulations and well done. ?

PoshGran Sun 14-May-17 19:24:23

Hello Elthie/Hope, may I pop in & say hello & well done you for opening up the site.

Sadly I don't live in Yorkshire, but think I can claim "honorary" status: lived in Harrogate as a child, moved to Darlington (Co. Durham, but only just over the border & within quick pint distance when closing time was 10.30 in Durhamshire & 11 in N.Yorks blush), did 3 years training in Leeds, OH had RAF postings in Church Fenton, and we visit the Dales for 2 weeks every autumn.

If it was possible, I'd be back like a shot! grin

Marydoll Sun 14-May-17 20:12:07

Good luck, Hope. I wish I had the courage to edit a local site.
We are just back from a trip on the Flying Scotsman and had a lovely time there.

Cherrytree59 Sun 14-May-17 20:26:32

Well Done Hope
Will endeavor to say hello
I would certainly be interested in checking out local knowledge for future visits.
The trip on The Flying Scotsman is on my bucket list.

Marydoll Sun 14-May-17 20:34:36

Cherrytree It was everything I had hoped for, and more. It brought back so many happy memories of my childhood going to the seaside in a steam train: the smell, the noise, the hissing of the steam and of course the rhythm as it went over the tracks.
I have never seen so many excited adults in one place, as I did, when it steamed into Howarth station.
Today, it is travelling on the Fife Circle over the Forth rail bridge. What a journey that would be.envy

Anniebach Sun 14-May-17 20:36:33

Good for you, I have spent several holidays in Yorkshire , no idea if I was in North or South, did a walking holiday in Bronte country and holidayed with friends in Marrick, know one was the moors and one the Dales .

Good luck

Cherrytree59 Sun 14-May-17 20:50:38

Thanks Marydoll you have inspired me to move The Scotsman to the top of the bucket list smile.

Hope I have popped over to your NY site to say Hi ,
Unfortunately my message will not 'Post*sad
Will give it another go later.

grannysyb Sun 14-May-17 21:00:58

Lived in Thirsk from 11 to 21 and we are doing a Northern tour for our summer holiday, Derbyshire, county Durham, Thirsk and Beverly. Good luck with your site.

Hopehope Sun 14-May-17 23:56:40

Thanks everyone. will see how it goes, not sure if many post on the local Forums or mainly on here. Cherrytree maybe you have to have it as your local site to be able to post? I am not sure, still learning as I go along.

Please do pop in and say hello Poshgran, the more the merrier smile

grannysyb if you lived in Thirsk you will know that is a great jumping off place for all over the Dales. I love Masham, especially when the Sheep fair is on, usually September time.
Black Sheep Brewery is there too, great for lunch, or just to sample the real ales ( Not for me), they also have a fab shop, and do a very good guided tour of the brewery.I will put that on the site for sure.

oldgoat Mon 15-May-17 00:29:15

Hello hope Thanks for volunteering to be our local editor. I live in York and would love a GN meetup in our area. They never seem to get off the ground though I think there are quite a few Grans in Yorkshire.

Teetime Mon 15-May-17 11:26:51

Hello Hope I shall certainly pop in and perhaps you could pop into mine (Leicestershire). I used to live in Wensleydale and often visit so I'd love to know what's going on.

Teetime Mon 15-May-17 11:38:33

I've just listed and reviewed a nice restaurant for you and I'll be coming up in September to Malham for a couple of days.

hulahoop Mon 15-May-17 11:45:46

Good luck hope .

Hopehope Mon 15-May-17 13:50:52

Thanks to all for your good wishes, and to Teetime, and Poshgran for popping over to the local site. I will certainly take a look at your Leicester one, Teetime. I don't know the area very well, but have visited a bit as our Son was at Leicester Uni.

Oldgoat. I will be trying to get some meet ups on the go, please do post on the local site, the more the merrier. I am happy to hear from you that there are quite a few Grans in Yorkshire, all I need to do now is to round them up, and get them on local grin.

Kupari45 Mon 15-May-17 14:14:06

I live in a village just outside Thirsk, so I would be interested in any get togethers. I tried to organise one last year , but couldnt get folk to commit on the day. So Good Luck Elthie.

Pittcity Mon 15-May-17 19:27:40

Hello Hope from Colchester, Essex. Had a look and love your hat.

Hopehope Tue 16-May-17 10:00:17

Thank You Pitt city !