Gransnet forums

Chat

Tall stories from GC'

(27 Posts)
annsixty Mon 15-May-17 08:51:51

There is an item in the DT today about a family visited by the police and having their own dog's microchip checked after the son was overheard to say he wanted a pet so his Father stole one from a garden,
My GS aged 7 and recently diagnosed with Autism , went to a party on Saturday. He can decide at the last minute not to go, but he was keen to go to this one. It is also usual for him to come home saying he has had the worst time ever.
My S picked me up from the train so I went with him to pick A up. As usual we asked if he had enjoyed it and he said well apart from the worst 12 of my life.!!

He said he felt ill (very common with him)and a boy in a red tee shirt took him to reception at the play centre where the party was held.
when the staff asked him who he was with and where Mum and Dad where he replied oh my Dad just brought me and dropped me off and then went home.
The staff actually rang the police and then A said Oh those are my Friends over there. A member of staff took him over to the Mum in charge who said yes he was with them and they rang the police to report all was well.
We didn't know if this was A doing his usual and it wasn't until Sunday lunch time when the mum of the B'day boy texted A's mum to say what had happened, she had never said a word to my S.

Elrel Tue 16-May-17 00:07:25

OP 'noted but not needed'! I'll remember that for future use. Nice one!
I'm wondering why the play centre staff didn't ask who your DGS was with, it's not always Mum and Dad. Would the police really have been interested? Surely the staff could have kept a lone child safe and happy until the (assumed) absent carer came back for him. Someone who did leave a child there would have been breaking the centre's regulations but is that really a crime?
Anyway I hope he soon goes to another party and has a great time!