Gransnet forums

Chat

Disappeared

(170 Posts)
Atqui Tue 30-May-17 10:24:58

Is it rude to ask what happened to Jings? I have spells of not using Gransnet , and must have missed something.

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 20:16:50

Great. Going round in circles here and think we've all said what we want. Maybe meet you again on another thread.

Jalima1108 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:14:50

Well, perhaps SAAK has been reported in a frenzied fashion but it must have been by other posters, it wasn't me.

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 20:14:07

I dont agree with you at all Nana, but as you've said they are your views and mine. We will agree to differ on every one of your posts.

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jun-17 20:12:58

Thanks ..... but no thanks SAAK ?

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jun-17 20:11:42

I only take issue with the fact you accused someone with no proof that she did what you said or 'felt' .

Other than that I don't agree with your views but they're your views so of course you're entitled to them

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 20:10:06

Lets leave it as you would only report something very offensive and not a cross word due to your own beliefs. Lets leave it as you didn't mean the last few posts as you got the wrong end of the stick.

Shall we do that?

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 20:07:44

I replied to posters nana that actually used my name in their posts previously. Is that OK with you or do you think Im being unreasonable?

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jun-17 20:06:58

Oh no SAAK IF I was to report something I'd be up front and open about it .?

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jun-17 20:05:23

And then you named names SAAK ... and that's when it moves from 'felt' to something more concrete surely .

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 20:05:00

Or do you report by "proxy" nana?

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 20:02:44

Evidence of what? that's a bit bizaare when I said I "felt" it nana.

Jalima1108 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:02:41

I feel as well and I am deeply hurt.

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jun-17 20:01:53

Just my opinion SAAK ...you're not the only one allowed an opinion .

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jun-17 20:00:50

You're welcome grin SAAK my opinion, for what it's worth is you're entitled to your opinion in a general terms but naming posters with no evidence COULD be seen as bullying .

Just my opinion !

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 20:00:02

Report what grin It's my view. I do think that women are still allowed to "feel".

Your view of "stirring the pot" could be seen as provocation surely nana.

Jalima1108 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:57:22

I could report the post but I won't Alima grin

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 19:56:15

Thanks for that but I don't think I have it wrong at all. However this is just my opinion.

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jun-17 19:55:38

Innocent until proven guilty is still the rule SAAK so you might feel that about Jalima but unless you have proof you're just stirring the pot .

Alima Mon 05-Jun-17 19:54:39

A very restrained reply Jalima, you had every right to go ballistic.

Jalima1108 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:52:50

One of them confused Thanks saak you have absolutely and utterly got me wrong

Sorry if I get on your nerves, I do hope I don't do that to other posters. smile

However, you do confuse me somewhat because on another rather strange thread you said that people who posted less than kindly should be struck off GN - most on this thread should be struck off the site which I said was daft, yet on this thread you say I certainly wouldn't want controversial views stopped, it makes for a more interesting site

And as for pissed people off well, that is quite funny and no, I am not busy reporting in a frenzy lol.

I very very rarely report and that is only if it's spam or perhaps about plimsolls. I have never reported you if you are wondering. I believe in letting controversial posts stay on to speak for themselves.

Is it any wonder I am confused?

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 19:41:32

I feel that you're one of them Jalima. You post in such a way to get on others nerves yet when it comes to it and you've pissed people off knowing full well what you've done you cry wolf and press that report button in a frenzy.

Jalima1108 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:39:56

and the person .....

stillaliveandkicking Mon 05-Jun-17 19:39:24

The world is so PC and "reportable" yet full of real terrorist activity. Reporting for the sake of it does no favours and never will.

Jalima1108 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:38:01

^ there must be more posters who are heartily sick of the beatification of jbf^
But that is not the point at all ChristinFrance - the point is that a poster who could cause some controversy but added to the general interest of GN has been permanently banned for vague, unspecified reasons when other posters are even more controversial and post far ruder personal remarks.

It's the principle as much as the person which is the point of yet another discussion, at least as far as I am concerned.

Baggs Mon 05-Jun-17 19:36:55

And telling people what offends one is really rather a tiresome trait.

Oops! sorry, I flooding the thread. Baggying off...