Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy-Bargy Cafe - enter at your peril ?

(1001 Posts)
Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 16:49:37

Come on, you lot, are you all still comatose after reaching 1,000 posts last night?

That bar won't re-stock itself you know, and I'm too busy buffing my nails...wink

rosesarered Sat 29-Jul-17 15:36:10

I don't think our cafe/bar organ is up to much any more, I think it's clapped out.We need a new one, the upright type with a shiny top ( we could have a nice vase of flowers on it.)smile I would definitely be prepared to chip in financially.

Ana Sat 29-Jul-17 15:39:35

Sorry, I meant POGS's own 'organ' from which she emits various notes, not always tuneful, but it's the thought that counts smile

Ana Sat 29-Jul-17 15:40:05

(and the effort!)

rosesarered Sat 29-Jul-17 18:10:08

Oh, that organ! grin what a disappointment.

Have heard there will be some good entertainment later this evening, am all excited, wonder what it will be?

Menopaws Sat 29-Jul-17 18:17:59

Could we attach a few merkins to George in case Chewy notices the difference? At least while we try and find the real Graham.

Menopaws Sat 29-Jul-17 18:19:44

Who is going to sing at the party? And what about food, ideas welcome?

Ana Sat 29-Jul-17 18:20:37

He won't need many, will he, being so small and all...I could probably spare a couple, but they might not be the same colour...

Chewbacca Sat 29-Jul-17 20:03:14

help *help* Help *Help*

HHHEEEELLLLLLPPPP!,, WILL SOMEBODY LET ME OUT OF THIS BLOODY CELLAR? I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 5 DAYS! OPEN THE BLOODY DOOR! HELLO! HELP!!!,

Menopaws Sat 29-Jul-17 20:51:26

Why have you waited so long to shout? Worked your way through the out of date stock eh? Ok I'll let you out

Chewbacca Sat 29-Jul-17 21:04:57

Thank heaven's for that! I was down here showing that strapping young man from the brewery how to change the barrels and he asked me if I wanted to see his 6 pack. Naturally, I assumed he meant a 6 pack of Stella Artois and so I agreed. My oh my! 5 days later, his 6 pack looks like a piece of bubble wrap! He seemed quite anxious to leave by this afternoon and he managed to squeeze out between the iron bars on the windows. Seemed in a bit of a rush for some reason. Shame really, I was just getting warmed up. sad

Geraldo has been with me, he's probably a bit peckish now. Any nuts or pickled eggs on offer?

Menopaws Sat 29-Jul-17 21:16:06

Aarrr yes about that, we have fed all the snacks to a stray squirrel we thought was Grayson, but will get some more stocks in tomorrow. Good to have you back but you must have worn the poor bloke to a frazzle if he could get through the bars, anyway relying on you to get a crowd for the upcoming party

rosesarered Sat 29-Jul-17 22:05:38

So that was the entertainment...... Chewy yelling from the cellar! and I came out of my way tonight as well.
Since I am here, I will partake of a nightcap ( the liquid kind.)
Oh, btw, look who I found sitting outside on the cellar steps, little Gerhardt, bless him, looks a bit hungry to me.

Chewbacca Sat 29-Jul-17 22:11:22

I'll best he is roses and I've worked up a bit of an appetite and thirst myself! wink
A pint of Noggins's Friend and a packet of scratchings for me please. Graham will have to go and catch himself a squirrel or something.
Been anything exciting happening around here whilst I've been "otherwise occupied "?

Marydoll Sat 29-Jul-17 22:15:30

I was just wondering?laydees, do you think we need some new blood in the café? No offence intended, but it's the same old faces. I could make some posters and toddle off down to the naval base to entice some new customers.wink. I don't know what is wrong with the Admiral, but he seems to have done a runner. I think he is worn out. I don't think I have done anything to make him tired?
By the way, I made some lemon cake today, laced with Limoncello and some hash brownies. Unfortunately some of it seems to have been be nibbled . I hope Gabrielle hasn't been at it. Who knows what he will do.?

Chewbacca Sat 29-Jul-17 22:40:50

Marydoll ! Gideon has been locked up in the cellar with me for five days! It's more likely that squirrel has eaten your "special " brownies otherwise known as wacky baccy cakes.

Marydoll Sat 29-Jul-17 23:09:17

Oh dear! Batten down the hatches!!! We are in for a night of it.?. I put an extra does of hash chocolate in the brownies.

Chewbacca Sat 29-Jul-17 23:15:03

You didn't! We'll get raided again ! Whilst I was locked in the cellar, I couldn't help but notice that your interest in horticulture has sprung to the fore again Marydoll . I did wonder why you kept ordering such vast quantities of rolls of cooking foil and high intensity light bulbs. I'm all for home grown but really, what about the electricity bills?

Marydoll Sat 29-Jul-17 23:18:28

Yes, I am guilty. but you know what you say " It's cheaper to grow your own"

Chewbacca Sat 29-Jul-17 23:25:26

In industrial quantities? shock
If *Menopaws *finds out, she'll throw us all out. Unless we hatch a cunning plan.........

Marydoll Sat 29-Jul-17 23:28:26

Unfortunately, I have overindulged in the brownies! I am having problems focussing.?

Menopaws Sun 30-Jul-17 04:02:56

In my innocence I thought they were herbs in the cellar and have been putting them in the hot pot, no wonder all the customers looked happy and I thought it was my service with a smile. Even the local bobby has been happy recently

Menopaws Sun 30-Jul-17 08:12:18

Good idea Mary about the posters, always fun to meet new lively women as long as they can pass the initiation test, we do have one don't we?

Menopaws Sun 30-Jul-17 08:13:38

I can't remember mine so it must have involved booze and cake

Chewbacca Sun 30-Jul-17 09:22:06

Hmmm that's a good idea Menopaws , an initiation ceremony. Now what might that involve I wonder? Slipping Gilroy down the back of their trousers? Having them eat 4 pieces of Marydoll's wacky backy brownies and then stand on a bar stool for 3 minutes without falling off?

Liaise Sun 30-Jul-17 21:07:21

Initiation ceremony? Is that what it was, I had to have medical treatment and will probably never look the same again. However, onwards and upwards. If the authorities call don't tell them I am here. Just time for a tot or two before curfew time.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion