Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you done today?

(250 Posts)
vampirequeen Fri 28-Jul-17 08:50:18

We went to Ikea. Never going to go during the school holidays again. Why do yummy mummies think it's OK for their little poppets to run around and climb on things? It's a shop not a playground. Fortunately we knew exactly what we wanted so didn't have to stay too long whilst Felix, Imelda et al ran amok. Later we went to B and Q. Not a yummy mummy hang out so it was much better.

Moneyboss Fri 28-Jul-17 18:27:05

Got up at 8.30am. Aqua Tai Chi this morning. Came home had some lunch then did the ironing. Tried, unsuccessfully, to get DH to clear out some of his clutter.......we're downsizing soon, not sure how he thinks we're going to get everything in the new house, but that's a rant for another day.

Jalima1108 Fri 28-Jul-17 18:31:40

DGC just gone home; we all had a good time but it's now wine o'clock
wine

rubysong Fri 28-Jul-17 18:50:01

Meusli and tea in bed watching TV. Got up. Did some weeding and picked French beans and carrots. Did emails, had lunch, did church photocopying and delivered it to the other churches, did shopping, made a ginger cake for Sunday's singing session, worked on a dress I'm making for DGD, ate meal (cooked by DH), now thinking of having a bath and a drink of something nice.

silverlining48 Fri 28-Jul-17 19:02:27

Got up later than usual, hung the washing out ( lovely breezy day) went to the shops, then spent the rest of the day trying to help my daughter raise money on her last day on justgiving for a cancer clinic in syria, where there is no treatment at all. She has cancer but is getting treatment inlike thise in syria. I am very proud of her. She has raised £3975 so far and wants to get to £4000 by the end of the day.

vampirequeen Fri 28-Jul-17 19:17:15

Those of you who queried my OP are right...that was my yesterday. For some reason my laptop didn't send it until this morning. It's beginning to feel it's age sad

Today we took a bus trip to a lovely café near Denholme then over the tops to Hebden Bridge. DH is a voluntary driver. For once nobody whinged about anything. Mind you they always say they've had a lovely time when the trip is over. I think they enjoy a good whinge.

silverlining48 Fri 28-Jul-17 19:20:32

Have just looked on the site and she has made it. Feeling proud

Jalima1108 Fri 28-Jul-17 19:35:17

vq grin

DGD2 today: "How long have you been a grown-up Granny? Were you a grown-up before?"

Um, some might say that I am not grown-up yet!

Jalima1108 Fri 28-Jul-17 19:37:03

That's brilliant silverlining

So glad that people have not forgotten Syria with all that is going on in the world. There are still many people without food.

silverlining48 Fri 28-Jul-17 20:03:23

Thanks jalima. Given how ill my daughter is its wonderful that she is raising money for medical treatment in Syria. I am so pleased she got to her goal, but its ongoing as she aims to raise £1 million! We are very proud of her.

Jalima1108 Fri 28-Jul-17 20:13:09

Yes, we do forget that in all the appeals for food, clothing, blankets etc, there are still people over there suffering from cancer and other illnesses and not receiving treatment.

whitewave Fri 28-Jul-17 20:42:48

Not long come back from walking the dog for an hour or so, like autumn out, last week I was walking in shorts and t- shirt

Jalima1108 Fri 28-Jul-17 20:46:03

Miserable weather, isn't it. Rained or drizzled all day.
But at least I had the DGC to cheer me up!

Jalima1108 Fri 28-Jul-17 20:46:51

Oh - it's pouring down now.

Menopaws Fri 28-Jul-17 20:48:17

Up early, walked dog, went to work, enjoyed the day, back and sat down, cooked dinner for husband,now watching Elementary, sounds dull but I'm more than happy with my lot,

kittylester Fri 28-Jul-17 21:41:05

Woke up, drank tea in bed, one cup made by me and one by dh, Showered, dressed, did hair. Had breakfast, read paper, did admin, went to butcher's and supermarket, had lunch, did crossword, did mire admin, went to beauty salon and had my feet done. Came home, cooked dinner, flopped.

Imperfect27 Fri 28-Jul-17 21:44:00

8 a.m. Aldi shop. Phonecall from auntie to tell me roads to her town are severely affected today - was planning to drive DS2 there for a job interview and have coffee with her. Change of plan. Race home - fridge food packed away - race to DS2's ... Had anticipated relaxed coffee and then drive, find that he is trying to get stains out of possible interview jackets (dry cleaning not a feature of his life apparently) - end up steam pressing his trousers and shirt (ignored hints about dirty washing up in sink and told him I am enabling him by leaving it for him to do when he gets home smile). Drive to train station - job interview town 3 train rides away - cut out two by dropping him off - promise to collect later. On arrival home receive SOS text from DS1 who needs help framing a formal letter and covering email. Forty mins of PA work later, quick snack as no proper breakfast and out to collect DS2. Invite him to lunch out so we can catch up on interview and other news - his partner is away for a few days - nice time, but poor service and kept waiting ages for food. Off to hairdressrs afterwards, bit f a rush, only to find I am half an hour early. As it is high st, I charity shop to fill time: two pairs of trousers and a top later, get hair done. Quick stop off for wine o'clock Friday supplies and HOME.....and RELAX ... phew! So, not much really ...

absent Sat 29-Jul-17 06:43:30

So this was Friday. (Confusing because I am currently 11 hours ahead of the UK.) Got up at six and fed my cat and the "outside" [feral] cats while I drank a glass of orange juice. Made a cup of tea and slurped it while reading one chapter of my murder mystery. Showered, washed the hair, dried, dressed, blow-dried the hair and put on make-up. Laid the table and put the highchair in place. Made my bed.

Absentdaughter and four grandchildren arrived at 7.45; comforted the two-year-old when mum left for work. Dished out bowls of Crunchynut – some with warm milk, some with cold – and dished out toast with Vegemite or jam or honey. Older children off to school, washed up and I played with two-year-old who kept pestering to go to Splash Time. This does not start until 10 o'clock so there is no point getting to the Aquatic Centre until then. Diversion tactics with the "choo choo truck" – little train set that I bought for my oldest grandson 13 years ago. Boy, that was a good investment.

Changed into my swimming togs and put verylittleabsent into his togs complete with swim nappy. Into the car – thank you Mr absent for driving us – where we shout "whee-ee-ee" as we go down the hill and make stop and go gestures at the traffic lights.

Splash Time is so much fun that he really doesn't want to get out of the water, even when pretty much all the toys have been put away. Lovely play leader Julie suggests he might like to carry the big ball to the basket to help her and have some grapes at the same time (a fruit plate is included in the price). Well, that worked – to some extent – but he still wasn't sure that he really wanted to get dressed. Lots of soothing talk and we finally managed to get out to the car fully dressed.

Well the rest of the day was a whirl of lunch, playing with toy buggy and rescuing the "baby" who kept falling out on its head, reading 12 stories, watching Peppa Pig on my computer, and older children watching a sci-fi DVD after school – I really hope it didn't give them nightmares.

Mum got here about six in the evening after she had had a full-on day. After a fair amount of repetition, shoes were eventually put on the feet, bags were put in the car and verylittleabsent was finally persuaded that it was time to go home.

Collapse. Mr absent cooked supper.

Same time next week.

Miep1 Sat 29-Jul-17 09:30:53

Saturday today! Made a poster advertising a boules tournament I am Tring to organise in aid of a local Hospice, wrote to them, wrote to 2 local papers to promote same, thought about raffle, took in ordered stuff from Sainsbury, cleaned 4 cat trays for 3 v small kittens, put said kittens in carriers so Debbie can hoover, ordered dog cage to put kittens in so other cats have their freedom back...I am worn out already and now have to go shopping.

kezia Sat 29-Jul-17 09:48:45

Up at 7, walked the dogs, home by 8, fed dogs, washed up from last night which didn't get done because we went out to an after dark swim followed by talk about bats and bat detecting session :-). First load of washing out of machine and hung up, second load in, bed stripped, ironing put away, shopping list made, BREAKFAST. And breathe ......

Imperfect27 Sun 30-Jul-17 22:54:49

Sunday, I have ....been grumpy grin grin grin

Nana3 Sun 30-Jul-17 23:09:11

I have cleaned up 2 lots of cat sick and emptied the litter tray of DD's cat who is staying with me while they are on holiday.
I visited mum in her care home and 5 minutes after I arrived she asked for the toilet.
OH is complaining of constipation.
Bit of a theme going on here.

Imperfect27 Sun 30-Jul-17 23:14:21

Nana3 sounds a bit of a nightmare day for you. They say bad things come in threes so let's hope the worst is done with. you need three nice things to compensate ...

Nana3 Sun 06-Aug-17 00:40:46

Thank you Imperfect27 I've had my 3 nice things. 2 lovely walks and the cat has gone home.

BBbevan Sun 06-Aug-17 15:45:52

Got up early and collected DD and her DH. We went to a Flea and Antique market. Perishing cold and more flea than antique.Home for bacon and egg, a little keep and then tidying as DS and family are coming to stay tomorrow. Still cold though, may have to light the fire, ?

BBbevan Sun 06-Aug-17 15:46:24

A little sleep !