Gransnet forums

Chat

It's my Birthday today, and.....

(75 Posts)
Kateykrunch Wed 23-Aug-17 10:03:11

I want to make it a year to make a difference for me, so:-
I have enquired about booking onto weekly health walks starting tomorrow. I have taken details of a number of fitness and weight loss classes and will be booking them. I will be having a free pass at the local pool and possibily rejoin to swim regularly. We are off to York (yes its chucking it down) and the picnic lacks crisps and is healthy. I have hidden a box of chocolates from myself and the last 2 pieces of Birthday cake are in the fridge (ate loads of it yesterday after visit from DD and GC's). I am going to be more positive so I have not looked at 'certain' people on Facebook as it depresses me. I am going to smile more, take each day as it comes, be nicer and kinder (although I am already), do a bit of housework (sometimes)!, join some groups and have a lovely time - just thought you'd like to know lol x (I know where the chocolates are, but I am hoping to stay away for at least a ..................)

Kateykrunch Sat 26-Aug-17 12:57:14

Wow, thank you so much Imperfect, I did think my choccies had disappeared rather quickly, happy to share them with you x

Imperfect27 Sat 26-Aug-17 10:45:15

Katey it's a bank holiday weekend ... rumour has it that calories don't count on those - least ways that's the news in my household.

I've been thinking of your chocolates for you so much, I had to eat some of my own in an effort to show support and psychologically help lessen the burden for you ...

Kateykrunch Sat 26-Aug-17 10:07:49

Oh heck.....I found the chocolates and actually hate 'going for a walk', help!

Kateykrunch Fri 25-Aug-17 10:16:30

Lovely comments and ideas, thank you all. For info, all cake now gone and all chocolates still hidden, the chocolates where calling to me last night but I resisted.

GrandmaMoira Fri 25-Aug-17 08:59:36

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your positive resolutions.

NonnaW Thu 24-Aug-17 16:55:28

Good for you. Glad you had a lovely day flowers

bikergran Thu 24-Aug-17 13:14:24

Belated BIRTHDAY WISHES traaaaaaa la la.... cupcake

FarNorth Thu 24-Aug-17 12:57:47

I've found it motivating to make a "Done" list of anything I consider to be an achievement, even if it's just doing loads of housework I've been putting off.
It seems more positive than crossing things off a to-do list.
Have a great year, kateykrunch!

jocork Thu 24-Aug-17 12:14:30

Glad you had a lovely birthday and well done for making so many resolutions. I gave up making resolutions as I always broke them however last Christmas my DS and DD bought me a fitbit at my suggestion. Being a competitive person having daily targets to reach has really worked for me and I have so much more energy and feel so much fitter. I never thought anything would get me moving so much. I'd recommend it to anyone who is struggling to get motivated.

FlorenceFlower Wed 23-Aug-17 23:46:22

Glad you had a lovely birthday KK - my wonderful mum would have been 90 today. A very good day for birthdays!

Went to Moorfields today and slight bluriness in one eye was caused, so I was told, by raised b/p and blood sugar - both now under control but a real wake up call to get fitter and slimmer, so will be joining you with the exercise classes and cake hiding! Next appointment is in four months, so planning a health revamp by then.

Well done in your birthday resolutions, some very good ideas there ?

tidyskatemum Wed 23-Aug-17 22:36:28

Happy birthday! Hope you've had a lovely day. You can do anything if you set your mind to it. I decided to take myself in hand in time for my DS's wedding this summer, cut out snacks and started walking every day - about 3 miles at first but I'm now doing 6 or 7 miles at a brisk pace and have lost 20 lbs - and feel so much better for it. Good luck!

kittylester Wed 23-Aug-17 21:19:33

I hope you've had a super day.

cheerfullizzy Wed 23-Aug-17 20:42:45

I too am trying to make a 'positive new start'.......
taken the plunge of finally getting into writing.....scary,,,arrrrghhhh!! but why not go ahead with something new...life's too short not to.......go for it!

cheerfullizzy Wed 23-Aug-17 20:40:01

Good for you Kateykrunch! every good wish for your birthday and cheers to a healthier happier year ahead, let us know how it goes! flowers

granmanat Wed 23-Aug-17 20:22:32

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATYKRUNCH

I wish you every success. It sounds as though you will have a great year. Thank you for your positivity. You're inspirational. flowers

Serkeen Wed 23-Aug-17 18:33:39

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATYKRUNCH

That's great that you have so many amazing plans smile

Moneyboss Wed 23-Aug-17 17:52:24

cupcake

Moneyboss Wed 23-Aug-17 17:52:00

Happy birthday Kateykrunch. Well done you for hiding the chocs. Hope you enjoy all the new ventures you're going to undertake. wine [cake] flowers

Angelwhisper Wed 23-Aug-17 17:46:32

Happy Birthday ?

granfromafar Wed 23-Aug-17 17:38:58

Sounds like you're having a good birthday and well done for setting yourself targets. My OH and I feel better for our weekly walk with our local walking group. (I joined more for his benefit than mine!) Keep up through good work and report back soon to let us know how it's going. flowers

Kateykrunch Wed 23-Aug-17 17:16:17

Thank you to everyone, I really feel glad to have had input from you all, We didn't do York due to weather so went exploring, had our picnic (funny when DH was looking for his packet of crisps). Had message to call to DS for presents and cake!!, took advise from here, thought it better to graciously accept cake and will start cake free again tomorrow. Also had a McFlurry icecream, well it did turn very hot and DH said, what, no ice-cream, but its your birthday and the sun is shining, so I relented. Had lovely visit to Son and family, BUT (you know what I am going to say don't you?....ANOTHER BOX OF CHOCOLATES!! They will be hidden (perhaps the loft - I dont go up there) and I suggested they keep rest of cake to enjoy themselves this evening, they didn't need much persuasion-they have my genes lol. Thanks again everyone, its been fabulous to hear from such lovely people x

hulahoop Wed 23-Aug-17 17:09:11

Happy birthday kateykrunch hope you enjoy York .hope you are able to fulfill your targets for the year ?

JoyBloggs Wed 23-Aug-17 16:55:30

Happy birthday, Katie and good luck with all your 'new year resolutions'!

grammargran Wed 23-Aug-17 16:40:57

Happy birthday, KK, those with August birthdays are very special - I'm gearing up for mine next week. Having a birthday right at the end of summer meant that I was always the youngest in the class. Hated it then, but my word, it's paid off - I'm the youngest of all my old school friends, especially the September born!

Oriel Wed 23-Aug-17 16:24:03

Wishing you a very happy birthday!