Gransnet forums

Chat

It's my Birthday today, and.....

(74 Posts)
Kateykrunch Wed 23-Aug-17 10:03:11

I want to make it a year to make a difference for me, so:-
I have enquired about booking onto weekly health walks starting tomorrow. I have taken details of a number of fitness and weight loss classes and will be booking them. I will be having a free pass at the local pool and possibily rejoin to swim regularly. We are off to York (yes its chucking it down) and the picnic lacks crisps and is healthy. I have hidden a box of chocolates from myself and the last 2 pieces of Birthday cake are in the fridge (ate loads of it yesterday after visit from DD and GC's). I am going to be more positive so I have not looked at 'certain' people on Facebook as it depresses me. I am going to smile more, take each day as it comes, be nicer and kinder (although I am already), do a bit of housework (sometimes)!, join some groups and have a lovely time - just thought you'd like to know lol x (I know where the chocolates are, but I am hoping to stay away for at least a ..................)

Imperfect27 Wed 23-Aug-17 10:10:32

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kateykrunch! It is my DS2's birthday today too - how lovely to have a summer birthday!

Gosh, I admire you steering away from left over cake ON your actual birthday - I cut myself a week of slack grin ...and the chocolates would not be hidden ....

Not being very helpful am I? But I do tend to do a self review and make a few promises to myself year by year when the birthday comes around ... perhaps that is their purpose smile

I hope you have a lovely day and that the rain doesn't spoil the inner sunshine. flowers

Nannylovesshopping Wed 23-Aug-17 10:14:35

It's a very good day for birthdays, my lovely gd is twelve today, happy birthday Kateykrunchsmile

Anniebach Wed 23-Aug-17 10:16:31

Happy birthday , enjoy your day x

hildajenniJ Wed 23-Aug-17 10:21:58

Happy birthday kateykrunch. I hope you manage to keep all the promises to yourself. I didn't!? Have a lovely picnic, and enjoy your day, whatever the weather.

Lona Wed 23-Aug-17 10:22:35

Happy birthday Katiek it is a good day, my lovely dad would have been 99 today.
????

Christinefrance Wed 23-Aug-17 10:22:52

Happy Birthday Kateyk have a lovely day stay motivated flowers
wine

Lindylo Wed 23-Aug-17 10:24:37

Happy birthday and have a lovely time.

ninathenana Wed 23-Aug-17 10:25:09

Happy Birthday

nanaK54 Wed 23-Aug-17 10:29:29

Wishing you a very happy Birthday flowers sunshine

Glenfinnan Wed 23-Aug-17 10:41:17

Happy Birthday! Have a lovely day in York!

Telly Wed 23-Aug-17 10:45:59

Brilliant, hope you had a great day.

MiniMouse Wed 23-Aug-17 10:46:44

Happy Birthday KatyK! Hope the sunshine appears for your trip to York!

Yorkshiregirl Wed 23-Aug-17 10:47:39

A very Happy Birthday. Good for you girl. Get rid of negative so called friends on Facebook and otherwise x

Scribbles Wed 23-Aug-17 10:52:39

Happy birthday, Kateykrunch. wine

Deni1963 Wed 23-Aug-17 10:54:06

Happy birthday to you ???

yogagran Wed 23-Aug-17 10:54:08

Happy Birthday KatyK, an excellent day for making new resolutions

DS64till Wed 23-Aug-17 10:54:22

Happy Birthday; What a lovely positive post. Have a great time xx

Sundancer123 Wed 23-Aug-17 11:05:44

Enjoy your day and I hope your plans come to fruition.???

Kim19 Wed 23-Aug-17 11:10:35

Hello KK and a very happy birthday to you. You've certainly set yourself a wide range of ambitious targets. Always remember whatever tiny success you have in any one of them is just that.....SUCCESS. Ignore the blips and concentrate on the pluses at all times. Good luck. Sure like your style......

schnackie Wed 23-Aug-17 11:12:06

Well done and happy birthday Kateyk! I always/ also look at my birthday as a time for resolutions rather than the new year. Stay positive!

Disgruntled Wed 23-Aug-17 11:13:33

Happy birthday, Katey - have a wonderful day. York is always great. Good luck with the dreaded chocolates. I sometimes try to convince myself I'm allergic or they're full of maggots or slugs, yeuk. flowers I love your resolutions!

moobox Wed 23-Aug-17 11:14:57

Wow. That's a lot. At least you have already made a head start on some of them

gillybob Wed 23-Aug-17 11:18:15

Happy Birthday Kateykrunch Hope you have a lovely day.

What better time than your birthday to make a new years resolution to yourself. I need to follow your lead.

if I started to smile my DH would think I had gone quite mad

Cherrytree59 Wed 23-Aug-17 11:25:19

Happy Birthday Katiekrunch
Onwards and upwards postsmile