Gransnet forums

Chat

I like this being retired lark but.......

(55 Posts)
kittylester Fri 01-Sep-17 09:59:56

we had nothing pressing going on today so didn't set the alarm. We woke at 7.00 instead of our usual 5.45 and now I feel all flustered!

We like to take our time getting going and, now, being late I feel as though the day has gone already!

Is there anything that flummoxes you about being retired?

ginny Sun 03-Sep-17 07:42:58

I finished paid work a few years ago but don't get my state pension for another 3 years. Never enough time to do all I want but love being retired. DH retires this Friday coming. Will be interesting to see how he handles it and how I do ! ??

Irene43 Sun 03-Sep-17 18:59:10

Not usually up until 8.30am unless something special is on.One thing about being retired is no pressure to get up.Most of my activities do not start until 10 am.

lemongrove Sun 03-Sep-17 23:12:51

I honestly think it doesn't matter if you have nothing much to do, some days that are like that are blissful.?
The choice is ours, once retired, to be as busy bee or as slothful as we choose.Personally, I prefer a mix and enjoy both kinds of days.

Synonymous Mon 11-Sep-17 22:59:28

Retirement is such a joy and being in an area which our DC call 'retiredsville' it is a peaceful place to be. Waking naturally is such a pleasure and it is sometimes a complete surprise to find out what is the time! grin