Gransnet forums

Chat

Jingle

(267 Posts)
glassortwo Thu 28-Sep-17 22:36:03

Sorry its late in the day!

Happy birthday Jingle , hope you have had a fantastic day with lots of cake.

trisher Mon 09-Oct-17 15:11:30

I'll just wish everyone Happy birthday now, takes me all my time to remember family and close friends I'll never remember all you lot!

Crafting Mon 09-Oct-17 21:57:41

Don't know how I missed this thread but obviously coming across it too late. Should I wish jings a belated happy birthday for this year or get in first for glassortwo's birthday thread for next year hmm. Think I'll just settle for saying nice to see you Notme (you could have kept me a slice of cake grin)

NfkDumpling Tue 10-Oct-17 07:43:10

My birthday is next month. A big one and I'm planning a party. A drop in if you're passing party. All welcome - please bring cake - or wine!

DH can't understand why I want to celebrate achieving my three score and ten, we went away for his just so no one (especially him) would acknowledge it.

Christinefrance Tue 10-Oct-17 09:10:21

Happy Birthday for next month Nfkdumpling It's just another phase of our life to enjoy, have fun being a norty older person I do, ? wine

lemongrove Tue 10-Oct-17 09:12:48

Nfk ?my DH did exactly the same for his.

Chewbacca Tue 10-Oct-17 09:42:37

I did it too, for my last "0" birthday. Couldn't face the thought of "celebrating " it, so I took myself off to the other end of the country for a few days. Parties are lovely for others but I don't want one of my own. smile

annodomini Tue 10-Oct-17 10:16:47

I had a lovely party for my 70th. Old friends from Uni, relatives rarely seen, sister-in law and all her family. And a piper to pipe us into the hall. My sons organised and did the catering. I even spotted 3-year old GS 'manning' the bar. I told them I'd like a flying lesson for my 80th, but they brought that forward and I had it (and loved every minute) at 74.
So a belated happy birthday to my old sparring partner Jingle and many more to come.

Crafting Tue 10-Oct-17 19:55:51

Nfk I'd better wish you happy birthday for next month now as I may forget by the time it comes round blush not very good at that sort of thing. Hope you have a great time

Elegran Tue 10-Oct-17 20:06:28

I am very bad at noticing birthdays and handing out appropriate greetings, so I shall do a bulk mail-shot and send best wishes now to everyone whose birthday falls between 10/10/2017 and 10/10/2018. I hope you have a really good time with lots and lots of cards, pressies, cupcakecupcakecupcake and winewinewine.

Chewbacca Tue 10-Oct-17 20:08:59

Thanks Elegran and Happy Birthday to you too! cupcakewineflowers

Anniebach Tue 10-Oct-17 20:19:05

Thank you Elegran, I wish you a Happy Birthday ,have a great day x

aggie Tue 10-Oct-17 20:23:08

my birthday is next month smile so I will thank you all in advance xxxx

Christinefrance Tue 10-Oct-17 20:41:12

Thank you Elegran I will enjoy the cupcake wine no need for pressies just good friends and family around

Elegran Tue 10-Oct-17 21:44:20

Breathes a sign of relief. That is my duty done for the next year. I don't need to feel guilty about missing anyone's special day. Thank you Anniebach for your birthday greetings. It will be some months before I can use them properly, but I shall be sure to have a great day when it comes.

Mania Wed 01-Nov-17 08:00:32

Me too, hope it's been a good day.

pollyperkins Wed 01-Nov-17 10:56:09

I changed my name a while ago as my original name was almost the same as my real one and I'd posted something which further identified me and cpuld have upset family members. I asked GNHQ to remove the post and to change my name. I had to give a valid reason but they agreed.