Gransnet forums

Chat

Why my husband mustn't leave me!

(109 Posts)
kittylester Thu 05-Oct-17 20:59:49

because the kitten brought in a (dead) mouse so I had to shut the kitchen door until dh came home.

Nor can I cope with large 'crunchy' spiders!

And, I can't change the bulbs in the glass cupboards in the kitchen.

I quite like him too.

What vital tasks does your Dh perform?

gillybob Wed 11-Oct-17 13:07:33

I can do most things except go up into the loft (which is just as well as DH is hardly ever home when I need him anyway). For some reason when I try to climb the loft ladder I almost double up by taking one rung at a time, which means my bum won't fit through the gap. DH goes into fits of laughter saying "pull your ar*e in woman" but I just can't. grin

watermeadow Wed 11-Oct-17 18:51:59

Where did you all find these paragons of mankind?
I had a husband but he was never very satisfactory and when he stopped working altogether and I couldn't get him repaired I had to throw him out.
I've managed without one for 25 years and would quite like a new one but I'd really like a cordless Hoover more.

Iam64 Thu 12-Oct-17 08:40:44

water meadow, your post made me lol. I had one of those when I was a very young woman. I'm lucky in having a 'paragon of mankind' (well as close as men ever get to that) but they are few and far between imo.

kittylester Thu 12-Oct-17 08:59:25

Mine is a fair approximation of a paragon but this thread was started tongue in cheek not seriously! grin

annodomini Thu 12-Oct-17 09:32:35

watermeadow, I also had one of those useless articles. Luckily I am (was) pretty good at DiY. And I do have a cordless vacuum cleaner.

I say 'was' good at DiY because arthritis and age preclude use of previous skills but I do have a very handy DS (not a chip off the old block) who brings his tool bag when he visits - though not often enough!

Mania Wed 01-Nov-17 07:59:34

Rods the drains when they get blocked - one of the perils of country living.

jocork Sun 05-Nov-17 06:58:29

My ex used to think that if he mowed the lawn the garden was done! After he'd gone my son helped a bit but he is married now and lives 200 miles away. He did come to stay for my birthday and did loads of cutting back but the garden still needs major work. I'm still getting rid of what he cut down, filling the green bin every fortnight. I'm probably going to have to pay someone to get it properly under control but I'm not sure it would be much different if the ex was still around.

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Nov-17 07:08:41

Dead things. I have a real dead thing phobia. Dead pigeons, rats, mice, large spiders or a fish floating upside down in the pond. Alive, I have no problem with anything but dead freaks me out.

And anything which requires kneeling. He can kneel, I can’t.