Gransnet forums

Chat

What are your hopes and dreams for 2018?

(76 Posts)
Bbnan Mon 01-Jan-18 12:38:51

Happy new year to each and everyone of you...on a positive day as today what do you wish for in 2018?

OldMeg Mon 01-Jan-18 12:44:36

Mine is global wish. I wish for less war, aggression and hatred. I wish that Trump somehow is relieved of his presidency.

gordino Mon 01-Jan-18 12:47:31

Happy new year everybody.

nanaK54 Mon 01-Jan-18 12:49:56

Mine is a purely selfish wish, my DH needs a medical procedure which will, hopefully change his life considerably, this procedure has now been cancelled twice as he has been too ill.........so, that's it for me, I am hoping for third time lucky for him smile

nanaK54 Mon 01-Jan-18 12:50:44

oops forgot to say Happy New Year!

kittylester Mon 01-Jan-18 12:53:26

I hope for good health, peace and happiness for my friends and family.

I hope I have the wherewithal to cope with anything that comes along to upset the applecart.

Nanak54, I too hope your husband gets his op.

nanaK54 Mon 01-Jan-18 12:56:24

Oh thank you Kitty that is so kind

aggie Mon 01-Jan-18 12:58:00

First , Happy new year to all , this year saw a birthday with an 0 , a new hip , a new house so I am selfishly wishing for a quiet peaceful year , maybe peacful for OH would help . Of course an end to all the conflicts in the word ..... but lets not dwell on that

Bbnan Mon 01-Jan-18 13:32:50

Thank you for your replies.
My first hope is for world peace .....and equality for all races.
My second is for my family...a new grandchild in late April to add to our other 3. Hope they will all be as happy and healthy as they are today.A family reunion in June when my son and family visit from Canada. Big birthday in November when I hope to retire...lots to be getting on with...here’s hoping for your hopes and dreams coming true.

glammanana Mon 01-Jan-18 13:42:58

Happy New Year to everyone and peace to everyone hoping everyone who is waiting for health procedures have them sorted quickly.
This year we are waiting the arrival of 1 x DGC (baby girl) due in April and our second GGC due in April (surprise but a boy or girl) lol.
I just want a good year for all my family and friends and for everyone to be in good health.

Greyduster Mon 01-Jan-18 13:45:08

My primary hopes for this year - and I’m sorry if they seem rather self serving - is that my DD manages to find a new job before her self esteem goes totally down the drain. The second is that my GS gets into his secondary school of choice. So it is all about hopes and dreams. Like kitty I hope I have the strength to deal with all the little lumps in life’s custard!

annsixty Mon 01-Jan-18 13:52:54

Well I am not going to get any younger and my H is not going to get better but I wish happiness for my family.
Perhaps a partner for my D better health for my S and GS and happiness for my other GC.
Rather a tall order , I also hope all your wishes are fulfilled.

Anniebach Mon 01-Jan-18 14:04:52

Too fearful too wish . Will risk - to gain that elusive stone in weight

Anniebach Mon 01-Jan-18 14:07:40

Annsixty, for you I wish you peace x

merlotgran Mon 01-Jan-18 14:12:39

A return to good health for family members and friends for whom 2017 was a challenging year.

And of course I'd love to win the lottery! grin

Alima Mon 01-Jan-18 14:58:27

My hope this year is that DH proves his oncologist wrong. On 24th May 2016 her prognosis was that he would live “for a matter of months to two years”.

kittylester Mon 01-Jan-18 15:26:54

I hope so too, Alima!

Love the lumps in custard analogy, gd. I hate custard!!

BBbevan Mon 01-Jan-18 16:57:12

I hope all my family, young and old, have a worry free, happy and, contented year. In fact I would extend that to everyone I know and to all GNers , who , for one reason or another did not have a good 2017.

NotTooOld Mon 01-Jan-18 17:07:36

Mt best wishes to those of you living with a difficult prognosis or waiting for an op this year. I truly hope things work out well for you. My wish is for better health for my grandson and some peace of mind for his family. I also wish for world peace but unfortunately that doesn't look much of a possibility. On a purely personal note, I'd like a new dining table with six chairs!

tanith Mon 01-Jan-18 17:16:19

Selfish I know but I just hope all the treatments OH has endured in the last 7 months have worked for him and we have more years to enjoy together with family.

Smithy Mon 01-Jan-18 17:31:31

I wish for a peaceful year, last year was a stinker! with good health for my family and myself, hope my grandson does well in his GCSEs and some luck in love for my daughter would be the icing on the cake.
I wish everyone what they wish for and a happy/happier and healthy new year

BBbevan Mon 01-Jan-18 18:36:42

tanith not selfish at all. It is what we all would want in the same position. Hope the treatment works brilliantly for your DH

Synonymous Mon 01-Jan-18 18:43:54

I am praying that this year will be a much healthier year for us and that DH will heal soon so that he can have the surgery he needs. For those who know of some of the problems he has had his pain is now well under control but he is battling a horrendous infection in the metal work with which his ankle was rebuilt. He is at home now but has to go in to the hospital every single day for top ups to the antibiotic drip he is permanently on. When the ankle heals they can remove the infected metal so there is more surgery to come.

Happy New Year to everyone and I wish you all that you would wish for yourselves and if I could just parcel up all that you want and need I would like to add a wrapping of shiny paper and an extravaganza of bells, balloons and bright coloured bows for you too! smile

KatyK Mon 01-Jan-18 18:45:06

Happy New Year to you all. I wish for health and happiness for my family and a year free from worrying about everything for myself (if that's not a little self centred).

annsixty Mon 01-Jan-18 19:21:51

For those of you with sick partners I hope very sincerely that your hopes are fulfilled and they are returned to good health with all treatment working.
It is 18 years since I was waiting for the histology report after my BC operation. I know what a difficult time it all is.