Gransnet forums

Chat

Face filler - have you tried it?

(16 Posts)
mumski Mon 22-Jan-18 10:44:08

I said I would never do anything like this. However I'm remarrying in September and have lines at the side of my mouth than make me look so grumpy . So I'm wondering if any one else has tried it. Did it work and would you think it a good idea on a temporary basis. Quiet happy to revert back to grumpy after the wedding wink .

starbird Mon 22-Jan-18 10:48:12

I personally don’t know anyone who has done it but
I would go for it if you can find a tried and tested practitioner near you.

Teetime Mon 22-Jan-18 11:12:04

I have decided to go for some Botox next month on my forehead as I have two pronounced frown lines I could do without. Appointments with the person who does them at my salon are like hen's teeth so lots of people are doing it.

suzied Mon 22-Jan-18 11:30:21

I did have botox and fillers when I was working over 10 years ago. The fillers were restylane ( I think) and were really rejuvenating, reducing the lines from nose to mouth and the lines that pull the mouth down in the corners. I had them done at a well known (expensive) clinic by a qualified nurse/ doctor. They were really long lasting, in fact the lines have never fully reappeared. I don't have them done any longer as I am not at work , but I would say check out the practitioner and their qualifications and go for it if you want to. Don't expect any change out of £500.

annodomini Mon 22-Jan-18 11:31:09

DiL had it - not that it seemed to make much difference. She looked quite young enough already.

petra Mon 22-Jan-18 13:03:17

Teetime
Here in Southend those frown lines are called the elevens grin

Nannylovesshopping Mon 22-Jan-18 13:30:11

Face fillers, hmmmm....have to say my first thought was a couple of jam doughnuts, my favourites, sorry, not had any myself but my eyebrow lady has and she looks terrificgrin

BlueBelle Mon 22-Jan-18 14:00:22

Never, I think you need to embrace any lines and wrinkles they are your history much prefer to see someone with some twinkly crows feet than someone all smooth out like an ironed cloth
Sorry £500 on your face upsets me first world problem ,Love your lines I m sure your future husband does, smile, that ll get rid of the downturn mind you if I spent five hundred quid on my face I would have a down turn

grannyqueenie Mon 22-Jan-18 14:07:06

BlueBelle grin

MissAdventure Mon 22-Jan-18 14:13:39

I did think about it when I was working, and had given up smoking. By the time I had spent months thinking about the cost, I had started smoking again.

Teetime Mon 22-Jan-18 14:39:51

petra I think it was working in Southend that gave me the 'elevens'.

MissAdventure Mon 22-Jan-18 14:54:12

I used to work there too. grin

DanniRae Mon 22-Jan-18 15:00:17

BlueBelle grin

midgey Mon 22-Jan-18 15:52:46

Woman after my own heart, Nannylovesshopping!!

Grandma70s Mon 22-Jan-18 16:00:03

If we go down that route, soon faces will have no expression at all. Nothing wrong with getting older. Smile!

Grannyknot Mon 22-Jan-18 16:49:51

I did - got talked into it before my son's wedding a few years back. So instead of nose-to-mouth lines I had a fetching row of tiny pin-prick bruises! Luckily they had faded before the big day but never again. And yes I did go to a reputable practitioner...