Gransnet forums

Chat

Laundry theory (yes I know boooring!)

(34 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Tue 27-Mar-18 12:20:23

I washed some jeans and trousers this morning, carefully checking the pockets for errant tissues - found none.

I have spent the last 30 minutes picking bits of tissue off the clean clothes! Whilst doing this I have come up with a theory, the fairy who comes along and takes a single sock also has a bag full of tissues which she leaves in a wash of dark clothes!

Katek Wed 28-Mar-18 11:55:36

Does your gremlin have a brother Lyndylou because I think he’s maybe living here. He always makes sure there is a pile of teabags in the half sink along with bits of food stuck in the plug hole cover. I have ranted at him but it doesn’t seem to make any difference, think gremlins are a law unto themselves.

Lyndylou Wed 28-Mar-18 12:38:51

They are definitely breeding Katek. There is one living in my daughter's house as well. smile

Oldwoman70 Wed 28-Mar-18 14:23:35

Wow - I had no idea there were so many molevolent fairies and gremlins out there. I live alone so don't have the gremlins who leave tea bags in the sink or refuse to use the rubbish bin, however, I do have those that hide things after I know I have put them in a specific place.

RosieGlow Sat 31-Mar-18 22:38:50

They have them in Dunelm. The last duvet cover I bought surprised me by having a zipper but now I wish they all did smile

Beau Sat 31-Mar-18 23:16:27

I have just tonight had a visit from a gremlin - jeans that have never run before decided to run when I put a white towel in with them. Luckily I found an old pack of 'runaway' in the cupboard because it does not seem to be available any more, replaced in every shop I have looked for it by 'colour catcher' which works very well but not the same - no good if the run has already happened ?

MissAdventure Sat 31-Mar-18 23:55:30

How about the gremlin which subtly changes the shape of your favourite, most comfortable old shoes, so that they unexpectedly rub a blister (usually when you're miles from home!)

lilypollen Sun 01-Apr-18 00:50:30

Gremlin at our house expects the dishwasher to load itself. Fortunately a fairy comes to the rescue.

DanniRae Sun 01-Apr-18 09:45:08

Sorry Rosie but the duvet cover I bought from Dunelm only had buttons on it (and a brown stain and split seam!!) angry