Gransnet forums

Chat

What do you keep in your bra ????

(168 Posts)
Wobblybits Sat 07-Apr-18 20:21:26

Now I have your attention smile
In films TV etc, ladies often go fishing down there bras for various items, a pearl, in what we are watching atm. Do women really keep items (other than the obvious) in their bras. Mrs P says she has too much down there to keep anything else (lucky me)

NemosMum Mon 09-Apr-18 10:06:11

This thread is creepy! hmm

Griselda Mon 09-Apr-18 10:12:54

Travelling with a party of school children over twenty years ago - francs in one cup lira in another. I was paranoid about theft.

Gaggi3 Mon 09-Apr-18 10:25:23

Sometimes hook one arm of specs over centre of bra. Used to keep a hankie in a pocket of my bottle green regulation school knickers, with elasticated legs, That should douse any salacious thoughts. grin

LJP1 Mon 09-Apr-18 10:31:20

My daughter keeps he mobile there and has no compunction about fishing it out when needed,

Sulis Mon 09-Apr-18 10:33:26

hmmmmm! a big pair of bazunkers, and occasionally my mobile when doing the housework!!!!!

Yorkshiregirl Mon 09-Apr-18 10:34:10

Simple question, and not offensive. Lighten up ladies

Diggingdoris Mon 09-Apr-18 10:34:20

When I go out to mow the front lawn I always put the door key on a fob down there. Same in the summertime when I walk the dog, if I'm wearing something pocketless.

chicken Mon 09-Apr-18 10:46:38

In the past, I've hatched many a chicken or guinea fowl egg in my bra---lovely and warm! If the broody cracked an egg just before hatching, it was the safest way to make sure that the chick would survive.

Patticake123 Mon 09-Apr-18 10:52:23

Nowadays only my beautiful body but many,many moons ago as a young, flat chested teenager, I went to a dance with my bra stuffed with cotton wool. I cannot describe the utter humiliation when the aforementioned wadding escaped. Oh the joy of teenage years!

jacig Mon 09-Apr-18 11:09:49

When I worked in a children's home I had to carry my phone at all times, most of my clothes don't have pockets so my phone went in to the bra on the side. It isn't that uncomfortable, due to I'll health I don't carry a handbag so when I'm going out C/D cards go in too.

ginny Mon 09-Apr-18 11:16:22

Yorkshiregirl, No need for me to lighten up. The reason some are not keen on this thread is a) because it is a man asking and b) we have seen his other threads which all have some sexual connotation which he openly admits his threads always do and he does it o. Purpose. So, yes , creepy.

Stella14 Mon 09-Apr-18 11:26:15

Yes, if I don’t have a bag with me, I have been known to pop my mobile phone or a debit card in my bra. A tissue is a regular resident there!

annifrance Mon 09-Apr-18 11:33:12

Tissues. My DM once smuggled a duty free travelling alarm clock through customs down her cleavage!

Kim19 Mon 09-Apr-18 11:50:19

When out of the country my passport and 'just in case' notes are always stored there.

GabriellaG Mon 09-Apr-18 11:51:46

If I'm going into town, London (er...not recently) or a big city, I put a debtit card down my bra.
Its one I use for just such a purpose, has no overdraft facility and is loaded with the minimum I will need for whatever I am going to buy. My store cards and oyster card are on my keyring and that itself is in a body belt under my jumper or shirt.
I also carry a police approved fob through my jeans belt loop which has a piercing shriek.
I do have lots of handbags but never use them in big cities.

GabriellaG Mon 09-Apr-18 11:53:03

Haha ?? DEBIT not debtit. blush

LuckyFour Mon 09-Apr-18 12:13:02

This was a really funny group of messages. Made me laugh. Especially Wobblybits replies. Loved it. By the way I keep nothing except my boobs and some padding in my bra.

Gilly1952 Mon 09-Apr-18 12:18:59

Wobblybits - Re the wood shavings in your boxers. Is that what they mean by “getting wood”?? This might get censored!! Ha! Is your surname Oakhampton, by any chance? Made me laugh!

Saggi Mon 09-Apr-18 12:20:32

I have a friend who keeps her mobile phone tucked in her bra.....and believe me I wouldn’t have thought there was room for it!

knspol Mon 09-Apr-18 12:30:40

Distasteful to say the least. I wonder what any other men who are members of this forum think? Would any women on here post a similar thread about what men keep in their underwear?

Llamedos13 Mon 09-Apr-18 12:32:48

I know a well endowed lady who used to pop her parrot in her bra to keep him warm when an illness caused all his feathers to fall out.

Witzend Mon 09-Apr-18 12:40:51

I have known a dd to conceal a credit card down her bra. This was so that she could ostensibly merely be going to the loo towards the end of a family meal out - she did not take purse or bag (Dh and I were watching like hawks!) but actually went to pay the bill.

We learned to be a bit more cunning after that.

Mapleleaf Mon 09-Apr-18 12:48:34

Perhaps it would be better to ignore these kind of posts?

sluttygran Mon 09-Apr-18 13:02:23

I slipped my keys into my bra when I took some rubbish out the bin, leaned over and promptly dropped said keys in with the trash !
There’s rather a lot of ‘pearl clutching’ today, isn’t there? Don’t know about you girls, but my boulder-holders have no sexual connotations whatsoever!

justrolljanet Mon 09-Apr-18 13:10:59

Haha, mainly biscuit crumbs and the odd bit of popcorn !