Gransnet forums

Chat

Annoying adverts

(107 Posts)
Tweedle24 Mon 16-Apr-18 12:13:59

Not high on the list of importance but, does anyone else have a particular advert that annoys them?
My current one is the optician who introduces herself as ‘the Boots optician’. Sorry! Of course she is the Boots optician. They are in the Boots optical department, not the local pub!

lemongrove Fri 20-Apr-18 21:37:32

Haha, loved these ad comments.grin
Have to agree with those who hate the AA ad with a curly haired moppet ‘singing’ Proud Mary.....shudder.
Although I like the He Man and Skeletor dancing ad.
I haven’t seen the one featuring parsnips, must look out for that one.
There are far too many funeral ads (makes me uneasy)?
Owen Wilson is annoying, does he really need the money?
Any ad with James Corden in makes me reach for the remote.

AlieOxon Sat 21-Apr-18 16:05:43

And - anyone notice? they all seem to be LOUDER than the programmes!

lemongrove Sat 21-Apr-18 17:18:26

They really are louder than the programmes, I once read, it’s to grab our attention.

AlieOxon Sat 21-Apr-18 17:43:25

Just makes me mute them!

Hm999 Sat 21-Apr-18 21:25:43

There's a cake one where the younger brother pinches the last cake at a function for grumpy big sister, who realises how much she loves him when he gives her the cake. And then he runs out the room turning her light off. I thought this was priceless, so like a brother and sister. So they recut it, and left off the final funny bit. Now it's just a tedious ad.

Granny23 Sat 21-Apr-18 22:29:23

I'll second lizzypopbottle re the Bingo Ads, which always show a crowd of happy people at the beach or a funfare. I suppose the idea is to make punters think they are part of a friendly club rather than solitary gamblers, 'home alone'.