Gransnet forums

Chat

Expectation v reality

(32 Posts)
Belgravian Mon 28-May-18 15:11:41

Lovely walk to a beach with dogs, adult daughter and her boyfriend. Picnic on the beach.

V

Enroute to the beach one of the dogs rolled in a huge cow pat!

We had to walk further before finding water to wash him down which he wasn't impressed with as he isn't a water dog!

We are settled on the beach now after the trauma of the cow pat. grin.

How is your day going?

grandtanteJE65 Tue 29-May-18 13:29:27

Decomposing blackbirds was the thing with the dogs I had as a child! And they hated being bathed! But that did not stop them and our cats were happy to keep up supply of birds to be rolled in.

Present cat devours his birds, not sure whether his brother cat does so too. Result: round worm!

And yet we love the little beasties!

nettyandmasey Tue 29-May-18 14:51:21

I have handed in my last assignment for my open university degree hopefully !! Am dog sitting my daughter chocolate Labrador puppy. He is 5month and enormous!

Arry Tue 29-May-18 15:38:32

My Labrador loves water, the dirtier the better, she's straight in, but her favourite thing to do is to roll in as much fox poo as she can find

Barmeyoldbat Tue 29-May-18 17:50:37

My day has been lovely a cycle ride of 12 miles into the city to do some banking business, spot of lunch and now home with a cup ofcoffee

Nannylovesshopping Tue 29-May-18 20:57:59

I’ve had a lovely day with my dgds, it is half term for them, took them roller skating at local rink, my god they are fast, like lightening, don’t worry Nan they said, have another coffee and read your book, by the look of the cover, that’s more scarey than our skating?

LuckyFour Tue 29-May-18 23:52:47

We took our daughter's Labrador to the beach recently and she went into the sea. There was a child playing on a small surfboard and the dog tried to get onto it over and over again. After much shouting I had to go in with my clothes on to bring her out of the sea. I have to say it was the funniest thing to watch. The child was fine by the way.