Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(31 Posts)
12Michael Thu 21-Jun-18 06:20:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright with blue sky here this morning in Brackley usual Thursday out, .
Mick

cornergran Thu 21-Jun-18 06:27:44

Morning Mick, morning All. The weather in our corner of Somerset is much sunnier than I am this morning, little sleep so headachey and grumbling. Physio this morning then we hope a nice beach stroll and coffee with a view so the day will improve. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Thu 21-Jun-18 06:44:37

Morning Mick corner and everyone.

Kent is bright, sunny and very breezy this morning.
Food shop with H this morning, not a lot else planned.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Thu 21-Jun-18 06:46:49

Morning Mick, corner, everyone!

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire. Sainsbury's this morning as we have DD2 and clan here for the weekend. Then more food prep this afternoon.

I envy your coffee by the sea corner but not the physio!

kittylester Thu 21-Jun-18 06:47:21

Morning nina.

NfkDumpling Thu 21-Jun-18 06:54:22

Morning Mick, morning All

It’s a lovely bright, sunny day in my corner of Norfolk, with fluffy fair weather clouds hossin’ overhead. And cooler too. The forecast is good and we’re planning a trip down the river with friends for a pub lunch (before the spiders reclaim the boat).

(((Hugs))) and flowers and ?for those who’ve been hit with ill health just now. There seems to be rather a list at the moment. I hope a temporary one and recoveries are imminent for all. And I hope the sun is shining for you in your bit of Welshland today Annie.

Marydoll Thu 21-Jun-18 07:00:44

Good morning Mick and all.
Sunny and breezy here in Glasgow, the sky is a beautiful shade of blue.
DH misread the time on the clock this morning, so I could have had stayed in bed longer. angry

This morning, I am paying the price for my shopping day yesterday , but it was worth it. Apart, that is, from my bag setting off security alarm in every shop I went in and out. I was searched by a security guard in Sainsbury's (oh the shame of it) and he couldn't find what was setting it off. blush

Off to meet a friend for lunch and pick up some "Dine in for Two".
Corner, good luck with the physio. Enjoy your day all.

NanKate Thu 21-Jun-18 07:10:18

Good morning Mick and All.

Lovely sunshine in South Bucks.

I feel for you Marydoll I too set off an alarm in a National Trust property as I must have slightly lent over a four poster bed ?

I can imagine it will be fun at your house this weekend Kitty

Had my test results back yesterday don’t have diabetes, or anaemia, but my under active thyroid has turned into an over active thyroid, I wish it would make up its mind ?

gillybob Thu 21-Jun-18 07:11:46

Good morning Mick and everyone. A much brighter morning here on the NE coast. Who knows we might even see some sunshine today. It’s work again for me today but at least it’s Thursday so the weekend draws nearer.

I hope you enjoy your trip down the river nfk it sounds like heaven......until you mentioned ? ? ? that is !

Hope you all have a good Thursday whatever you have planned. smile

oldgoat Thu 21-Jun-18 07:13:35

Morning all.
It's a lovely sunny morning here in York
I'm off to DGS2's last sports day at primary school this morning and won't be running in the Grannies' race since the humiliation of falling over last time .
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Thu 21-Jun-18 07:22:27

Old Goat, nice to see you again! smile

ginny Thu 21-Jun-18 07:24:09

Good morning.
Breezy but fairly bright here in N. Bucks.
A day with DGD2. Will probably visit local lakes and play park.
Picking up DD2 from work again. He will like that , he loves Auntie ‘Bob’.
Enjoy the longest day.

MawBroon Thu 21-Jun-18 07:39:20

Good morning Mick - it’s bright but very breezy here in N Bucks this morning.
A perfect “drying” day, only I don’t eally have much washing to do!
Looking forward to the live streaming of the Glyndebourne “Madama Butterfly” this evening with friends in Northampton.
Expect I’ll cry, usually do.
Wishing you all a pleasant day whatever you are doing.

Sar53 Thu 21-Jun-18 07:43:14

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Essex by the sea. It's my birthday today and OH is away in Manchester with work sad and won't be back til tomorrow evening. My DD's live too far away to see today so having lunch with OH's DD1 .
Never mind he did leave me a lovely card and I have just spoken to him on the phone.
Enjoy your day everyone.

gillybob Thu 21-Jun-18 07:46:23

Happy birthday Sar53 . Hope you enjoy your lunch and the rest of your day. smile

Panache Thu 21-Jun-18 07:51:51

Good Morning to you all from our corner of Wales.

Indeed the grey and damp weather cleared up yesterday and today looks very hopeful,nice clear skies and an early sun.

How I know what its like to pay the price for a pleasant trip out............but we are warriors and we fight on don`t we G.Ns.

Have yourself a grand day.

silverlining48 Thu 21-Jun-18 07:55:33

Morning all, happy birthday sar, have a good day, It’s mine on Monday, the big 7 oh! how did that happen. ..?

Pittcity Thu 21-Jun-18 07:56:13

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Dentist this morning and my niece is playing saxophone in a Wham tribute band in town tonight.
Happy Birthday Sar53 ?

Mapleleaf Thu 21-Jun-18 08:02:49

Good morning, everyone,
It’s bright and breezy here in South Yorkshire for the moment. Should get my washing dry. ?
Happy birthday ? Sar53 and enjoy your lunch.
To all GN’s, enjoy your day if you can. ?

Gagagran Thu 21-Jun-18 08:09:10

Morning all! Happy birthday Sar53 - have a good one!
We've done the supermarket trip early, as usual . The regulars have all established a matey acquaintance (if that makes sense!) and it's nice to see familiar faces every week. DD thinks I'm losing it with my chats and catch-ups with them! I think it coud make a good Alan Bennett play.

Lovely morning here on the south coast and forecast is good too.

Have a good day everyone. sunshine

wildswan16 Thu 21-Jun-18 08:24:45

Good morning everyone. Wow, you get to the supermarket early gagagran, I'm still in my pyjamas. We have sunshine but it's very windy.

harrigran Thu 21-Jun-18 08:30:26

Good morning from a sunny but cool NE.
Lovely surprise yesterday when a FB friend rang for a long chat, she has similar health problems to me. My neighbour also popped in with a beautiful floral arrangement and we had a chat, a very kind lady who was widowed at the end of February but spends her time thinking of others.
Happy Birthday Sar53.

Greyduster Thu 21-Jun-18 08:31:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. As Maple has said, bright and breezy. Frankly, I am getting fed up with the breezy bit. We are off to a local market this morning and then I must do some housework this afternoon. Happy birthday, Sar53! ?. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Thu 21-Jun-18 08:36:16

Good morning all x

JustALaugh Thu 21-Jun-18 08:38:21

Hello all,

It's sunny but windy in Nottingham. I need to clean my car inside and out later, then I'm meeting a friend for lunch - we haven't seen each other for 18 months, so that'll be good.