Gransnet forums

Chat

?? to all Gransnetters

(30 Posts)
Oopsadaisy53 Mon 25-Jun-18 10:38:34

It occurred to me today that Gransnetters, no matter whether or not you agree with their views, are always there to listen, to offer advice or tell people where they are going wrong, or to say they are sorry that they can’t help, but good luck anyway.
I always phoned my Mum if I had any problems, I knew that she wasn’t able to help, but she would listen, my daughter does the same thing. She starts off by saying “I don’t want your advice , but..” ( yeh, like that’s not going to happen) and she talks to me about her problems.
I’ve just popped in to see a friend in our village, she knows I can’t help with her ongoing problems, but she says it helps just to talk about it, to someone who will just sit and listen.
We don’t always have someone who will sit and listen, especially someone who isn’t family and won’t get upset at what you are saying.
So Gransnetters, thanks for listening.

mcem Mon 25-Jun-18 17:39:48

Although I 'm fortunate to have a very supportive family locally I have really appreciated GN over the last month since I broke my femur.
I have found lots of encouragement and am grateful for the pats on the back as I 've reported on my progress.
It has made me realise that my short-term situation is very doable while others are coping with difficult long-term problems.
4 weeks since the accident and I 'm coping well, almost back to normal and nearly ready for the Disneyland Paris trip with the DGs on 10 July!I
Thanks to all who have been sympathetic and supportive. flowers

allsortsofbags Mon 25-Jun-18 17:44:13

Thank you for your post oopsadaisy, good point well made.

Thank You also to other GNers for the company, the laughs and the wisdom.

Being part of GN has allowed me to feel less of a stranger in this world.

So flowers wine brew and cupcake to you all.

kittylester Mon 25-Jun-18 17:54:00

Great post oopsadaisy|

DanniRae Tue 26-Jun-18 16:05:53

Oh, thanks allsortsofbags - I'll just put the flowers in a vase, then have my cuppa and cake - it looks like a bakewell, my favourite. Then I'll have the glass of wine later! wink