Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh dear, I think I may be going through an odd phase!

(92 Posts)
phoenix Thu 12-Jul-18 21:46:49

Evening all, and please bear with me, it might just be the heat!

Watching "Live At The Apollo" , why do I want to say with regard to Noel Fielding "Have that boy washed and brought to my tent!"

Actually, I would be quite happy if he was to pop round for a coffee and a muffin!

Luckygirl Fri 13-Jul-18 08:41:05

Noel Fielding!!! - lord above! - he gives me the total creeps! He can stay well away from my tent thank you!

Just looked up Rufus Sewell - you can keep him too!

harrigran Fri 13-Jul-18 08:48:37

Noel Fielding ? Are you serious ? I can hear the men in the white coats coming. Dear God and little fishes he is the weirdest person I have clapped eyes on.

DanniRae Fri 13-Jul-18 09:24:09

If we are talking comics then I quite like the look of John Bishop and I love his accent - Liverpool I believe.
But that would be just a dalliance (what a hussy I sound!)

But really it would have to be David Essex for me winkwink

gillybob Fri 13-Jul-18 09:46:21

Totally agree with Lucky and Harri on this one . Yuk .

gillybob Fri 13-Jul-18 09:50:22

I wouldn’t say no to a roll in the hay with Mark Rylance though . ?

sodapop Fri 13-Jul-18 10:08:07

Sorry everyone but Rufus Sewell is definitely mine ?

Marmight Fri 13-Jul-18 10:08:19

I was at school with Tom Burke's Mum; we shared a dorm....hope that puts it in perspective for all you lusting ladees grin
(Anna Calder Marshall, actress extraordinaire)

KatyK Fri 13-Jul-18 10:21:37

A girl can dream smile I also love Aidan Turner and a few other lovely chaps.

Elrel Fri 13-Jul-18 10:25:43

RussellBrand?? I think he looks as if he needs a wash but wouldn’t him anywhere near my tent!
David Tennant would be welcome ...

MissAdventure Fri 13-Jul-18 10:26:51

I think that's part of Russel's appeal.
The fact that he seems a bit dirty. blush

nahsma Fri 13-Jul-18 10:36:07

I'm afraid my heart still belongs to Donald Sutherland. And Bill Nighy. If a younger squeeze were required, I think it would have to be David Tennant.

Cathn Fri 13-Jul-18 10:42:11

Tom Hardy or George Clooney, though I do understand the attraction of Noel Fielding and Russel Brand, strange but true !

KatyK Fri 13-Jul-18 10:49:18

Well Elrel the plan is to have him washed smile

Jane43 Fri 13-Jul-18 10:49:47

In my eyes the most gorgeous man who ever lived was Gregory Peck. Sadly no longer with us but there will never be anyone as handsome IMHO. Martin Kemp is very nice too.

Jane43 Fri 13-Jul-18 10:51:05

I think the ‘Have him washed and brought to my tent” line is from the latest Mamma Mia film.

KatyK Fri 13-Jul-18 10:54:17

That 'have him washed' thing has been around for years. It has been hijacked by lots of things.

Jan51 Fri 13-Jul-18 11:09:52

Annesixty. I use that expression to my girls and get the shocked reply 'MOTHER !'. I've been known to say it about Adam Henson, Matt Baker, Rev Wilding and Shaggy among others

Margs Fri 13-Jul-18 11:12:52

Oh, I'll take the magnificent Tom Baker any way you like! Yes, I know he's well into his eighties now but none of are going to get younger, now are we?

But he still has that deep, mahogany hypnotic voice. I'd have that if I couldn't have the rest of him!

GabriellaG Fri 13-Jul-18 11:12:55

KatyK and phoenix

What APPALLING taste.
The great unwashed.
I like men to be clean-shaved with a good haircut (sans gel) well dressed and no piercings or tatts.
Those two (plus Sheeran and others) are well beyond the pale.

MissAdventure Fri 13-Jul-18 11:15:00

I prefer mine much more rough and ready.
A beard, a moustache, and a hairy chest.. but enough about my physical features. grin

KatyK Fri 13-Jul-18 11:20:32

GabriellaG Well it's only a bit of fun. You can't help your taste! Usually, I am with you. My DH is clean cut, slim, neat hair and smart. I have never liked the great unwashed in the past. My idol was George Harrison. I didn't like the Rolling Stones at first or hippy types. I liked pretty boys but hey ho, I'm getting old, I can divert my taste a little.

cavewoman Fri 13-Jul-18 11:24:04

MissAdventure grin

DanniRae Fri 13-Jul-18 11:24:19

MissAdventure - grin

DanniRae Fri 13-Jul-18 11:27:27

Oh, I forgot David Tennant. I saw him and Michael Sheen in Crystal Palace Park a few months ago. They were filming and David's hair was a strange red colour but he still looked fit! grin

GabriellaG Fri 13-Jul-18 11:28:39

MissA
Oh...you are a card...pmlgringringrin