Gransnet forums

Chat

How to scare DH

(59 Posts)
Penygirl Mon 16-Jul-18 11:37:58

I have one of those spider catcher gadgets too. It’s brilliant and I can now finally deal with an intruder myself instead of pestering DH to catch it.

mabon1 Mon 16-Jul-18 11:30:36

JujuD. How cruel, everything wants to live.

CrazyGrandma2 Mon 16-Jul-18 11:13:20

You need a 'spider picker upper' - long handle, soft brush on end so spider doesn't get hurt. A really good invention!

JujuD Mon 16-Jul-18 11:10:27

Pest spray from a pet shop, best spider spray ever!

M0nica Mon 16-Jul-18 09:02:21

Story in DM today of containers of tarantulas abandoned in a forest car park in Derbyshire. They think the cold - if and when it arrives - will do for them, but at the moment..............

Maybelle Mon 16-Jul-18 08:57:23

So glad you are ok. I hate spiders, used to scream and leave the room waiting for DH to deal with them.
But as he is now not able to kill them, unless they are sitting quietly in the middle of the room where he can run over them in the wheelchair, I am promoted to chief spider officer.
I just dispose if the big ones with a slipper and put the small ones down the bottom of the garden !
But I do miss screaming . . .

Teetime Mon 16-Jul-18 08:38:38

Eugh!!! September is spider time isn't it. DH loves them gives them names and encourages them to live uder the furniture - the big ones always get called Cedric. When I alert! him to the presence of one in a room he says 'oh he's been there ages, not doing you any harm'.

jusnoneed Mon 16-Jul-18 07:56:14

Glad you both survived the incident!!

Bit worrying that big black spiders are about indoors already, usually start looking out for them a bit later in the year.

Nannykay Sun 15-Jul-18 23:00:41

We sat in front of the tv this evening, watching outlander, I was munching on some grapes, one foot on the puff the other flopped on the floor, I was very comfy. So, I feel a tickle on my foot, the one on the floor, so I think, stupid fly, and wiggle my foot. Seconds later it tickles again so I wiggle, this goes on for a few minutes before I look down, I had just bitten into a juicy grape, so when I looked down and there was the biggest, blackest spider on my leg, I took a deep breath to scream and chocked on the juice !.

Poor hubby, frightened him to death, the sight of me hitting my leg with the cushion, and face going purple.

I’m not sure how it all got sorted, but sort it he did,

Strange thing is, I can know see the funny side, but he just keeps growling at me.

Outlander was good though