Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal christening pics

(114 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Mon 16-Jul-18 13:55:17

Just seen pics of Prince Louis and his family, what a happy little fella he is?

Anniebach Thu 19-Jul-18 20:58:30

Kate knows more than anyone what mixed emotions William has of his mother , yes he loved her but they are bringing their children up in the very opposite way to his upbringing. I really Don’t think William would have wanted to marry a woman like his mother, Harry the opposite.

gillybob Thu 19-Jul-18 22:11:53

It amazes me how some people have this special insight as to what goes on within the firm . hmm

gillybob Thu 19-Jul-18 22:13:29

It almost reminds me of how my late mum used to talk about Richard and Judy way back . As though she was a fly on the wall in their private life grin

Anniebach Thu 19-Jul-18 22:28:39

Like you Gilly , you claim the Windsors have no thought for those who are struggling financially

gillybob Fri 20-Jul-18 08:38:01

Show me that they dont flaunt their extreme wealth (spending unimaginable amounts on the recent wedding)show me that they don’t spend £millions on themselves and their own luxury lifestyles, clothes, houses, cars etc. show me that they don’t take private jets on a whim, they don’t cost the tax payers of the U.K. £100,s of thousands in additional security none of which they have actually earned and I will take it all back Annie .

gillybob Fri 20-Jul-18 08:39:33

How does anyone know what Willy thinks of his mother ? Or Harry ?

Anniebach Fri 20-Jul-18 08:48:43

Gilly, you give proof they do not care for those who are struggling, you claimed this as fact . I said of William - I really don’t think’ this is my opinion Gilly I did not say it was a fact.

gillybob Fri 20-Jul-18 09:01:00

You don’t need to have a hot line to KP to see that we are all being taken for a ride by these lot. Day after day their oppulant lifestyles are flaunted in the press and on TV so much so that it must make anyone living on the breadline feel physically sick .

I have never ever claimed to know what they think , who they love or don’t love. Whereas their sheer extravagance is out in the open for us all to see.

Anniebach Fri 20-Jul-18 09:07:04

And I did not say ‘I know’ I said ‘I think’. I have lived on the breadline, wealth of others have never troubled me , it troubles you greatly

gillybob Fri 20-Jul-18 09:19:26

It’s not the wealth of others that troubles me in the slightest ( and like you I have lived on the breadline too) it’s the extreme (obscene) unearned wealth flaunted by this ever increasing family , whom we are told are our betters . Everyday I see young families struggling to make ends meet, worrying about feeding their kids in the summer holidays, children who never see the other end of the town because they can’t afford the bus fares etc and it makes my blood boil that we continue to keep this one big family in the luxury lifestyle that they are accustomed too . All the time being fed this cr*p that “they’re normal, just like you “ .

I doubt we will ever agree Annie.

Anniebach Fri 20-Jul-18 09:24:23

Gilly , no one has said the Windsors are my betters, no one is,

Grandma70s Fri 20-Jul-18 09:49:12

Of course they aren’t ‘our betters’. People may once have thought that, but I don’t think many do now. I don’t resent resent them at all, but I don’t think they are better than me.

I am much more troubled by the numerous people, much richer than the royals, who have made their money by dodgy business deals. I also resent show biz/pop music people who are ridiculously rich as a result of people’s taste for the mediocre and trivial. I know that reflects popular taste, but I still vainly hope that people will try to improve their minds by looking towards something better. I may as well give up on that one.

Anniebach Fri 20-Jul-18 10:19:31

Well since I was a young gal my bowing and knee bending is before the cross, nothing else.