Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's friendly and welcoming kitchen.

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 10-Aug-18 18:26:19

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company.

Welcome. sunshine smile flowers cupcake wine brew

NanaandGrampy Sat 11-Aug-18 12:31:45

Ha Nonna , he can come and watch the cricket here with Grampy who is 'working' in the lounge !!! Then he can share the curry and peshwari naan. I am suitably chuffed as they turned out very well .

I knew you'd visit in return for a curry Charley and a few cuddles with Sam. Although the lad pongs a bit... he is off to Centre Paws next week for a short back and sides !!

annsixty Sat 11-Aug-18 13:57:42

I don't know the geography of Norfolk or even your location N&G but an article in the leisure section of today's DT has a rave reviews of rockpooling on West Runton beach.

I hesitate to tell to tell you all this in case you laugh out loud or think I am absolutely mad , but this morning my GD , her best friend and I have booked a short break ( 4 nights, 5 days) to Ibiza.

I do not intend trying "clubbing" you will be delighted to hear but just a few days relaxing and having everything done for me.
The young ones can go and enjoy themselves if that is what they want to do.

We have gone for a good hotel with superior rooms and intend to indulge ourselves just for a few days.

My passport has just one year left on it so I think this is a last hurrah for me.?

Charleygirl Sat 11-Aug-18 14:03:31

Ann that sounds like a perfect few days away- if you do not look after yourself, who will? You will thoroughly enjoy yourselves.

annodomini Sat 11-Aug-18 14:22:31

ann - oh that's really good news. You will be able to relax and enjoy a complete change of environment. Who knows, you might enjoy it so much that you'll want to repeat the experience, in which case you might as well renew that passport!

Panache Sat 11-Aug-18 14:41:49

And to add to that..........my tongue is hanging out.......

soop Sat 11-Aug-18 15:00:45

Ann Go, girl...GO! Marvellous treat to look forward to.

anno Sorry to hear the latest diagnosis. Fibromyalgia is no laughing matter. I know from experience that it can drain the body of vitality and get-up-and-go.

The two hour duty at the art show went well. We helped to sell a number of items. Mostly from the crafts section. The wood-turner did very well. I purchased a weeny fungi. Very tactile.

kittylester Sat 11-Aug-18 15:43:56

Hurrah (and not the last one!) brilliant news ann, and do renew your passport in case the urge strikes again. They come in handy for identification purposes too.

And, by the way, I didn't say I wasn't having any wine while everyone was here just that I might need more when they have gone. grin

aggie Sat 11-Aug-18 15:52:06

Great news Ann , you will be so much better after a proper break . Good idea to keep the passport updated , I needed mine just to go from here to visit the family recently , only ID available , mind you the airport was quite hectic , not sure how soon I will repeat the experience , but at least I know I can .
kitty I don't drink , but was at a party yesterday and everyone was a lot more relaxed than me wink

callgirl1 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:56:37

Good for you Ann, go girl!
Glad thew art show went well Soop, did you sell any of your paintings?
Mapleleaf, our police don`t take phone calls about lostb property, I was directed to their website, on which I filled in a lost property report, but haven`t heard anything from them, so assuming my money wasn`t handed in. I was thinking of asking my son to put the footage onto a memory stick, until he told me that it only stays on there till the end of the month, then starts again, I didn`t know that!
Just lately I`ve been going round the house barefoot, because in this weather my slippers are too hot, but earlier I bashed my toes on the corner of one of the kitchen units. It didn`t

lf ùrt

Good for you Ann, go girl!
I`m glad the art show went well Soop, did you sell any of your paintings?
Mapleleaf, our police station don`t take calls re lost property, I was directed to their website, on which I filled in a lost property report, but haven`t heard anything.
During this hot weather I`ve been going round barefoot in the house, as my slippers are too warm, but earlier I bashed my toes on the corner of one of the kitchen units, it didn`t `alf `ùrt, the air was blue for a bit!

callgirl1 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:57:38

Apologies, I thought I`d lost that post, so did it again!

annsixty Sat 11-Aug-18 15:59:50

You are all so kind and encouraging when I thought you would think I was a silly old biddy.
I have not had any sort of holiday for over 5 years and not abroad ,not counting Southern Ireland for 9, when we went to Lake Garda and then Paris the same year, it all seems so long ago.

Panache Sat 11-Aug-18 16:06:58

Ann the best news I have heard all day and just you go with the best will in the world to thoroughly relax and enjoy those parts that have been all tense for far too long..............but before that you make sure you renew your PP........urges strike more often than once you know!!!

The saga of the bricks Nonna but a sigh of relief after you were thus relieved of them!

Fill us in Soop did you sell any of your own masterpices?
More life going on up there than there is here for sure!

You well stretched that one post Callgirl.......but you won out eventually!!

NanaandGrampy Sat 11-Aug-18 16:12:26

Wow !!! Have a fabulous time Ann sounds like just what the doctor ordered. We'll look forward to the pictures and tales of late night carousing !!

Ive heard good things about West Runton too....another for my list to recce!!

cornergran Sat 11-Aug-18 16:22:48

The best news ann. It will do you so much good. [?

Eilyann70 Sat 11-Aug-18 16:33:23

Great news Ann! Hope you will be thoroughly spoiled! When are you going?

callgirl1 Sat 11-Aug-18 16:50:16

We stayed at a nice caravan site at West Runton, just outside Cromer, but the weather was extremely rough, and we were on a cliff top, so care was essential, plenty of good fresh air though.

Greyduster Sat 11-Aug-18 17:19:23

Bravo Ann! Ibiza will never be the same ?! Glad you have something to look forward to. I could do with another holiday to get over the one I have just had!!
N&G I am in awe of anyone who makes their own curry accompaniments! I will be heading down to the supermarket tomorrow for mine as we are having a curry Sunday lunch. The curry is mine own, though!
While we were away, we had dinner in a pub and I decided I would have a lamb balti. GS asked if he could do the ordering and, accompanied by DH, who was ordering the drinks, he went to the bar and competently laid out everyone’s requirements. When mine came, it was chicken not lamb and he went into a decline because he had made a mistake. I assured him that it mattered not a jot, and I ate it with relish, but he kept apologising, poor lad. I blamed it on Grandad, who should have had his eye on the ball, but then, Grandad never has his eye completely on ball - he just has the broadest shoulders!
I had better go and sort out our evening meal. Enjoy the evening, one and all!

soop Sat 11-Aug-18 17:23:37

Oh! I've tried adding my message to the above posts but couldn't get access. Now I can. hmm We've been notified of friends on their way to drink a toast for the birthday I celebrated mid-week. I've scooted aboot the hoos and polished and done other stuff. You know how it is? wink

Callgirl1 The art show has another day to go. MacSporran has sold a wee painting. There is one of mine that I shall give as a gift to our pal in the care home in the event of it not selling. It's large and is of a cottage in the glen. He's about to move into a much larger room. It's being redecorated. A painting will help to cheer it even more-so.

There's no telling how long the friends will stay. They should be here soon. I had better thank ALL of you for your company. Hoping that you have a pleasant evening.

I shall return tomorrow. smile moon

Sar53 Sat 11-Aug-18 22:00:29

Ann a holiday sound wonderful. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Callgirl1 I bashed my little toe about a week ago, it was very swollen, sore and bruised, I even thought I may have broken it .
OH and I have been looking after 7 month old Charlotte today whilst my daughter and husband took big sister to see Les Mis. It's her 10th birthday present. They all had a great time. It was a joy to spend time with my youngest granddaughter.
Football season started today so looking forward to watching Match of the Day.

NanaandGrampy Sun 12-Aug-18 09:47:27

Morning all!

Its a bit grey and overcast here today but I'm ok because I got the beds changed yesterday so its just a matter of doing the ironing and making up the children's beds and we're good to go !

I am VERY excited ! Tomorrow, Grampy is going to collect the children and their mummy without me , as he is also taking a wardrobe they wanted and having to bring back an extra dog ( they are dog sitting our other daughters springer spaniel whilst they are away!).

I will have about 6 hours , home alone ( well with Sam obviously).

I may watch rubbish tv and eat a bar of chocolate or doing something equally inane or slobby!! And there will be no-one here to reprimand me !!!!! I cant wait....maybe I'll even have a glass of wine for elevenses.

Naan breads are so easy grey . I am surprised they are to be honest but once the dough is made I just cook them in a dry frying pan.

Hello Sar !! Sorry to hear about your toe, its amazing how painful something like that can be . I bet you enjoyed baby sitting. I cant believe the baby is 7 months old already! Where has the time gone ????

I think I hear Grampy rustling around in the kitchen - I feel boiled eggs and soldiers coming on for breakfast :-)

Have a good day everyone x

Charleygirl Sun 12-Aug-18 09:48:01

Sar I am 100% certain that you did break your toe- it is so easily done and takes around 6 weeks to fully heal.

Ann I can see your GD and her friend tucked up in bed and you out clubbing- you will have a fabulous time and it will be so good to be away from your home and all of the memories. H will be well looked after.

annodomini Sun 12-Aug-18 10:13:11

Sar, it sounds as if that toe is really broken. I once dropped a heavy pastry board on one of mine and it really brought tears to my eyes! Although eventually the pain subsided, I had to wear flip-flops all summer and when I went swimming, the toe flopped up and down. There's not much you can do about a little toe! As Charley says, it takes about six weeks and you just have to be kind to it!

Framilode Sun 12-Aug-18 10:16:39

Hi everybody. I have enjoyed reading the posts on here and this is my first post.

Went to a 70th birthday party yesterday down by the river. It was held in the back garden and a band had been hired. Not brilliant for me as it made it difficult to hear. However, people were bopping away but two people had nasty falls.

What made me laugh was I happened to glance down the river and saw several people standing on the bridge watching all the pensioners bopping.

annodomini Sun 12-Aug-18 10:31:45

Welcome Framilode. You will find the kitchen a lovely, comfortable (and often comforting) place to relax. That party you went to sounds like a lot of fun as well as providing entertainment for onlookers!

Panache Sun 12-Aug-18 10:42:50

Nothing like a good old bop Framilode (a warm welcome by the way).......older the participants the better.......just think the good they are doing to their rusty joints!

Oh" Sar that sounds really painful the sort that even brings tears to our eyes reading about it,surprising how easily we damage our parts.

Sounds as if you have "been there" Annodomini......and it is something you don`t forget in a hurry.

Now that is what I call sheer indulgence N & G whilst gramps is away,but hey! nothing like a bit of peaceful winding down with Sam as a trusted companion....(He won`t tell on you!)........your peace will not be long lasting when he returns with the younger members thats for sure!

Hope you are already mentally packing Ann.......get yourself "In the mood!"

Just thinking what a lovely day strolling on the beach last Sunday............and today we are virtually in need of galoshes! Home is best ........ Poor campers especially.

Enjoy whatever comes your way folks

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion