Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(29 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-Sep-18 06:27:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning, usual shop etc today with a trip out tomorrow .
Mick

DoraMarr Fri 14-Sep-18 06:42:12

Good morning from a cloudy Birmingham. ( I can’t believe I’m second!)
Looking after my baby grandson today, then packing for a week away tomorrow.

NfkDumpling Fri 14-Sep-18 06:42:54

Morning Mick, morning All

Heavy grey cloud here in Norfolk this morning. But there is the occasional glim of sun peaking through so perhaps it’ll get better latter.

We had a lovely day at Cley yesterday. And I walked over three miles according to the app on my phone. The farthest yet since my new knee, I haven’t walked that far in years! Today I shall be mostly pottering in the garden!

NfkDumpling Fri 14-Sep-18 06:43:11

Morning Dora

Marydoll Fri 14-Sep-18 06:48:16

Good morning Mick and all who follow.
It's coming down in buckets today, which is par for the course, as we have DGD today! Baking on the agenda, I think.
We are so excited to be seeing her, as she was on holiday just before we went away and we have really missed her.
We won't be saying that by 10 o'clock! grin
The missing case has been suitcase has been found.......in TORONTO! Now waiting to see if it returns to Glasgow.
It makes you wonder in the days of high security, how it made it's way there, minus it's owner. confused.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Fri 14-Sep-18 06:50:15

Dora, I was on before anyone, but I'm so slow at typing! grin. Enjoy your trip!
Morning NFK, I hope your knee isn't to painful today.

NfkDumpling Fri 14-Sep-18 06:56:16

Incredibly my knees are both fine Mary! I even sat on the stoney, sloppy beach for a while - and got up by kneeling on said pebbles - and it didn’t hurt! (I didn’t stay knelt for long though.) I can’t speak too highly of my wonderful surgeon. Today, I’m just bushed!

NfkDumpling Fri 14-Sep-18 06:58:24

(I’m glad your case has turned up. We’ve had them go walkabout and my reaction was dismay that someone may see how badly and what I’d packed!)

NfkDumpling Fri 14-Sep-18 06:58:58

Nothing illegal!

kittylester Fri 14-Sep-18 07:00:37

Morning all from a cloudy north Leicestershire.

I have a few bits and bobs to do in the village this morning - including delivering my cut down eryngiums to the florist. Then lunch with DD1 and DD3 - assuming DD3 doesn't go into labour in the meantime! She is 36 weeks gilly.

ninathenana Fri 14-Sep-18 07:13:35

Morning all......

from sunny Kent.

Supermarket shop this morning and a bit of pottering. No cooking tonight as it's our usual Friday curry take a way.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 14-Sep-18 07:29:44

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A cloudy start in South Yorkshire; the sun seems to be trying but failing miserably. I have to take my library books back this morning, and then ice DH’s birthday cake as GS is coming over this evening to put the “finishing touches” to it! hmm. Have a happy day, folks.

NannyJan53 Fri 14-Sep-18 07:34:36

Good Morning from a dull Black Country, but hopefully it will brighten up later.

My friend is taking me out for lunch today in a early celebration of my birthday next week (I will be 65, but don't tell anyone) grin

Had a lovely day in Birmingham yesterday with Mum, shopping, then we met up for lunch with my Niece who works in the city.

Pleased the missing suitcase has been recovered, but Toronto??

Have a lovely week away Dora

cornergran Fri 14-Sep-18 07:37:57

Morning Mick, Morning All. Chilly morning with grey cloud in our corner of Somerset. Good news about the suitcase marydoll. Exciting times ahead kitty, hope you get your lunch, sounds fun. Your knee experience is giving me hope for the future nfk. Need a rummage in the loft this morning and must do a food shop today, also some local issues to grapple with. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

gillybob Fri 14-Sep-18 07:39:27

Good morning Mick, Dora, Nfk, Marydoll, kitty, Nina and all to follow.

A better (but not great) nights sleep last night, I’m so glad it’s friday it’s been another horrible week.

Blimey that suitcase has seen the world Marydoll you have raised a good point . Don’t they make a fuss of removing baggage when someone leaves the plane? Well how did a suitcase get from Rome to Toronto minus it’s owner? I do hope it’s intact when it is eventually reunited and all the contents are in place . If you say it quick Toronto does sound a bit like Glasgow doesn’t it? Not !

36 weeks is on the home straights kitty how exciting. I suppose it could be any time now really.

My little unexpected miracle Evie is almost 5 months old now, she had her first swimming lesson last night. The photos and short video have really cheered me up. They encourage the mums to keep ducking them under the water these days which seems a bit drastic but apparently she loved it .

Have a good Friday everyone smile

Pittcity Fri 14-Sep-18 07:46:49

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Another warm, dry day forecast.
Housework today while everyone's out....a rare occurrence recently.

NanKate Fri 14-Sep-18 07:49:28

Morning Mick and All.

Tiny bit of sunlight lighting up the clouds in South Bucks.

Taking DH to our favourite Italian coffee shop today they make fabulous tiny pastries which are just a couple of mouthfuls and doesn't mess up my diet too much.

We have relatives in Canada Mary maybe they could pick up your case. Hope you have recovered from your busy time in Rome.

Brunette10 Fri 14-Sep-18 07:49:48

Good Morning everyone. Well it’s very grey and light rain here today in NE Fife, not nice at all. Going to visit aunt today for catch up. Msrydoll - Toronto! Well at least they have found it. Hope everyone has a good day and enjoy whatever you end up doing.

Auntieflo Fri 14-Sep-18 08:27:27

Good morning Mick, Annie to come and all GN's.
It's trying hard to be bright here and the sky is blue-ish.
Probably shopping later, but some sewing beckons more.
Marydoll, you have a well travelled suitcase. Wouldn't it be just lovely if all the contents came back washed and ironed?
Nankate, I like the sound of the Italian pastries. The C---a coffee shop in town, advertises those Portuguese tarts, but Never have any on sale, now that's good for my waistline.
Have a good day one and all

Anniebach Fri 14-Sep-18 08:29:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

oldbatty Fri 14-Sep-18 09:09:35

Good morning all. Managed to do a bit of jet washing yesterday. Dirty job but quite therapeutic.

annep Fri 14-Sep-18 09:14:55

Good morning everyone. Dull day in N Ireland. Off to caravan in Newcastle for 2 nights. Latter part of this summer not great caravan weather. Going to our favourite Italian restaurant.
Interesting story about the suitcase. goodness!
Hope you all have a good day and enjoy all the things you've got planned. 😊

NanKate Fri 14-Sep-18 09:48:18

Auntieflo I have had one of those Portuguese tarts and they are wonderful. A bit like an egg custard in pastry but a lighter filling.

Marydoll is into baking maybe she will make us a batch.

Marydoll Fri 14-Sep-18 10:25:16

They are called pastel de nata. I have actually been looking for a recipe. I gorged on them in Portugal last year. grin
Our local Lidl is now selling them.

Hellosunshine Fri 14-Sep-18 10:57:17

They are yummy Maryd! Just as nice as those in Portugal. However, our local Llidl started selling them a while ago but haven't had any for a few weeks.