Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Fri 12-Oct-18 06:25:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its been raining here in brackley as well.
Today, will be a mix of shopping and general socialize.
Mick

MawBroon Fri 12-Oct-18 08:34:32

Good morning everyone from a bit of a blustery N Bucks.
Very autumnal which is as it should be in nearly mid October.
Skimming through everybody’s day ahead, the fish and chip lunch definitely appeals. I might suggest that to our Thursday group!
Good wishes to poorly Mr F in Somerset and Corner nearby (?) Wild weather has its own appeal doesn’t it? It can be quite majestic even. (As long as it doesn’t make life too difficult.) I remember a wet and windy Christmas at DD’s weekend house high up on a ridge between Crewkerne and Chard and feeling very snug and safe as we felt the wind whistling around outside. There is even a pub called the Windwhistle Inn just along the road.
I have my first session with my acupuncturist today. I hope I am not needlessly pinning too much faith in it, but I am finding especially the nights very hard to cope with.
Wishing you all a pleasant day - but hold on to your hats ! ?

NannyJan53 Fri 12-Oct-18 08:39:14

Good Morning from a wet and windy Black Country

Pop over to visit Mum today and maybe housework later.

Tonight we are going out for a meal where a live band is playing, so looking forward to that.

Have a good day everyone.

ginny Fri 12-Oct-18 08:49:00

Good morning. Our last day in N. Devon and it is windy and pouring with rain which is forecast to last most of the day. We shall visit somewhere where we can be inside I think !
Best wishes to the poorly people and hope the babies arrive soon.

harrigran Fri 12-Oct-18 08:57:30

Good morning from a damp, blustery NE.
Had a lovely lunch in a riverside gastro-pub yesterday and catch up with sister and BIL, today I am paying the price with a painful back hips and knees.

ditzyme Fri 12-Oct-18 08:57:53

Marydoll, you have my sympathies, not that it helps. They say divorce is one of the most stressful situations you can go through, I think 'having the builders in' is up there in the stress stakes. We've just had them here for six weeks, and the firm we chose, despite excellent reviews and comments on their website - though of course being a sceptic, you never know how genuine they are - in our case, couldn't have organised a booze up in a brewery. I won't bore you with the details, don't want to drag up bad memories of arguments and chaos, suffice to say.... never again! Good luck.

Anniebach Fri 12-Oct-18 09:06:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Was feeling miserable , another day of nothing to do, no one to see, changed my mind after reading of your day Marydoll, poor you x

Have a good day everyone X

Auntieflo Fri 12-Oct-18 10:16:35

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all. I am late, again, but I have an excuse. I have been baking Bacon, Red Onion and Cheddar Muffins. See picture.
Marydoll, we have an eye level gas oven, so they are not that unusual.
It’s very blustery here, but dry and bright, at the moment. We are not that far from Windsor, so will it stay dry for the wedding?
To all who are having problems, {{{hugs}}} and best wishes. Here’s hoping that the expected babies soon put in an appearance.
To Annie, special thoughts and just wish I was near enough to come and visit. Have a virtual muffin for elevenses.

DoraMarr Fri 12-Oct-18 10:51:09

Annie: brewcupcake