Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(28 Posts)
12Michael Fri 19-Oct-18 06:20:24

Good Morning everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in brackley this morning.
Will not be around until Monday due to nephews wedding which takes place tomorrow in Monkton barn between High Wycombe and Maidenhead .
Staying in Marlow for two days .
Mick

Mapleleaf Fri 19-Oct-18 09:40:43

Good morning.
Another beautiful day in store by the looks of it, after a chilly start.
Enjoy the wedding tomorrow, Mick. It looks as though it's going to be decent weather for it.
Hope those of you waiting for home improvement jobs to be completed don't have too much longer to wait.
Get well soon all of you feeling under the weather today.
?

Auntieflo Fri 19-Oct-18 09:37:59

Good morning Mick, Annie and all others. Woke up to a bright, sunny morning, but a tad chilly. I have already prepared and put in the oven, tonight’s meal. Low and slow.
DD and SIL are coming for lunch on Sunday, as their kitchen is ‘out of order’, for a couple of weeks. I am going to finish off sewing up more poppies for the Church display.
Get well soon, all those with coughs and colds, and have a good day.

Greyduster Fri 19-Oct-18 09:04:42

Bore da, Annie!

Anniebach Fri 19-Oct-18 08:44:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Get well soon all with aches,pains , coughs and colds.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Nelliemoser Fri 19-Oct-18 08:24:16

Good morning all. I have a stonking cold and sore throat and feel like hibernating. It will pass. Just a jolly trip to the shops needed.

Willow10 Fri 19-Oct-18 08:22:33

Good morning all. Very misty in East Northants but the sun is coming through. I've just heard sirens speeding by very noisily - always a worry. Not sure if it's police, ambulance or both. Pottering day for me plus a collection from the shops. Best wishes for the wedding Mick and a good day to all.

Brunette10 Fri 19-Oct-18 08:20:24

Good morning to everyone. Not a bad start here in Fife, hope it’s another bright day. Marydoll feel for you so much, I certainly hope things get better. Not sleeping is awful and hopefully your little DGD also feels bit better. For those of you also feeling under weather I hope your day turns brighter. Hope you have fun at your wedding Mick, enjoy. Away to deliver a 21st birthday pressie today and some shopping. Hope your day is peaceful everyone.

NannyJan53 Fri 19-Oct-18 08:17:12

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country, although a tad chilly!

Partner is working from home today, as all the power went at his offices yesterday afternoon.

I am off this morning on a 'health walk' from a local nature reserve. These are organised most days at various locations, by Dudley council. All the leaders are volunteers.

I hope the wedding goes swimmingly Mick and look forward to hearing about it next week.

I hope the end is in sight for your kitchen Marydoll and you feel better soon. We are having someone to come and give us a quote for a kitchen in a couple of weeks!

I am still coughing well after 2 weeks of this cold! Hope everyone who is unwell has a speed recovery flowers

Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Alygran Fri 19-Oct-18 08:16:08

Good morning everyone. Bright and sunny here.
Meeting friends for coffee this morning, then starting poppy display this afternoon for my bit of the thankful village decorations. Off to the theatre this evening for Talking Heads.
Enjoy the wedding Mick.
Have a good day.

NanKate Fri 19-Oct-18 08:14:23

Morning Mick and All.

The weather looks set for a sunny wedding Mick. If you have some free time go to Higginson Park by the river and there is a small cafe by the play area that does a decent cup of coffee. You can sit in our outside.

Poor Mary you and your DGD need to put your feet up with plenty of drinks and snacks and watch a video or two. Love and hugs being sent up to you from the south east.

Off to see a poorly friend today. I am taking a picnic to eat at her house.

PECS Fri 19-Oct-18 07:51:52

Good morning! The sun is just getting above the rooves opposite so looks like it could be a bright day. Enjoy Marlowe..a pretty place to have a wedding. * Mary* I hope the kitchen work gets a move on & that everyone has a positive day. No plans for me yet.. but I will think.of something!

Pittcity Fri 19-Oct-18 07:45:51

Good morning from Colchester. The sky is clear and it's chilly. Looks like it's going to be a dry autumnal day.
Quiet day here as DH is going away on a fishing trip. Shopping and Laundry....
Have a great time Mick, we miss you when you're away.

MawBroon Fri 19-Oct-18 07:41:44

Brrr!
Good morning from a misty cool corner of N Bucks.
Off to see the “Oceania” exhibition at the Royal Academy with my sister in law (and lunch of course!)
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

ginny Fri 19-Oct-18 07:39:06

Good morning.
A bit chilly here in N. Bucks.
SW. this morning and then to the garden centre.
Enjoy the wedding Mick.
Speedy recovery to those feeling under par.

Nana3 Fri 19-Oct-18 07:29:50

Good morning, not quite light in Lancashire dry and colder today. Early appointment at the doctors for me so better get moving.
Have a good time at the wedding Mick. Enjoy your weekend gillybob when it comes.
Have a good day everyone.

Blue45Sapphire Fri 19-Oct-18 07:25:33

Hello and good morning from a chilly and misty Northampton. Hairdresser this morning for a relaxing couple of hours and a bit of pampering, then collecting younger DGD from school this afternoon and will give her tea. No joy in getting my apple tree back up yesterday, but at least I got all the fruit off it; somehow managed to trip over a branch while doing it and have bent a finger back, which is now really painful, so will take a couple of ibuprofen and see how it goes
Have a lovely time at the wedding, Mick. Hope the sun shines!

gillybob Fri 19-Oct-18 07:19:29

Good morning everyone.

TGI Friday !

Greyduster Fri 19-Oct-18 07:11:56

Good morning! Michael and all GNs. Looks like another clear bright day in South Yorkshire. Have a great time at the wedding Mick - hope it all goes swimmingly. We have another trip to the tip today, and then the plumber is coming back to do a few jobs unconnected to the new loo, because we still can’t get the replacement sink unit. Hey ho. Hope your kitchen is back on track Marydoll and your hands are getting better. Have a good day folks.

ninathenana Fri 19-Oct-18 07:04:16

Morning everyone.

Still half light in Kent but it's clear and dry.
Pleased to say my car sailed through it's MOT yesterday. Hairdressers this morning then food shop. We have DGSx2 and DD over night Sunday so a few extras needed.
Marydoll I hope the kitchen saga goes as planned today.
Mick enjoy the wedding with your family and I hope the sun shines on the happy couple.

kittylester Fri 19-Oct-18 06:52:08

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is quite chilly this morning.

I have the ironing to do this morning and then the school run in Derby.

Hope the wedding is wonderful, Mick, we'll miss you.

Hope today passes without too many hiccups Mary!

harrigran Fri 19-Oct-18 06:51:48

Good morning from a still dark NE. It is only 5 degrees but it is dry.
Nothing planned for today as DH is just getting over the horrible virus that has troubled him since last week.
Enjoy the wedding Mick.

oldgoat Fri 19-Oct-18 06:47:47

Morning all
Hope the weather stays fine for your family wedding mick
It sounds as though your new kitchen is nearly finished marydoll .Are your hands less painful today?

We are off to Richmond in North Yorkshire today with some friends.

Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Fri 19-Oct-18 06:47:27

Morning ffinnochio!

Gagagran Fri 19-Oct-18 06:46:59

Good Morning Mick, Marydoll and everyone!

Sorry to hear you had a bad night Mary and hope you cope with the day. Feeling exhausted never helps - I recommend 40 winks when possible. (Posh name - "power napping").

Hope the wedding is a joyous occasion Mick and the sun shines for the happy couple.

Pootling and faffing today on the agenda but I expect there will be some unexpected events to fill the gaps.

Have a good one everybody! sunshine

ffinnochio Fri 19-Oct-18 06:43:21

Good morning to you all!

Here’s hoping your days goes well for you, Marydoll.