Gransnet forums

Chat

Are you a morning person?

(37 Posts)
oldbatty Fri 19-Oct-18 12:15:59

or an afternoon person or an evening person?

I'm rubbish in the mornings and come to life ( briefly) about 2pm.

NanKate Fri 19-Oct-18 19:10:00

Another morning person here. I’m at my best between 6.00 and 6.30 am when I get up make tea and go back to bed till DH wakes at about 8.00. That is my main time on GN, the News, the Tennis and emails. I usually settled down to sleep between 10.00 and 10.30pm. I also have to have a sleep in the day to keep going.

MiniMoon Fri 19-Oct-18 19:10:05

I've always been a night owl. My mother used to see the light under my bedroom door and tell me to put the book away and go to sleep when she was going to bed.
I'm no different now. I have been known to clean the bathroom at 11:00 pm. I'm often posting on Gn at midnight or after. I'm usually up by 8:30 am though.

paddyann Fri 19-Oct-18 19:30:30

Night owl here,never in bed before 2am ,sometimes much later ,my OH is the same so its fine . We can often be found dancing around the sitting room after midnight or watching several episodes of some obscure TV series .Up around 9.30 or later if we fancy a lie in.Half seven when our GD stays as we take her to school 15 miles away . We had decades of being tied to early starts with our business and its great to have some freedom now .

Jalima1108 Fri 19-Oct-18 19:55:04

I'm a night owl and DH is a lark!

Jobey68 Fri 19-Oct-18 20:31:11

Definately a morning person, I like to be up by 6am on a week day so can I feed the animals and wake up with a couple of coffees and a browse on my iPad before walking the dog and getting to work for 9.
Hubby is a night owl so he stays put in bed until I wake him, I get most annoyed if I over sleep... rarely happens as the dog is my 6am alarm... but it throws my morning out!

cornergran Fri 19-Oct-18 20:45:36

Oh dear, no not a morning person. My preference is for a slow and preferably silent start to the day. Once I’ve had two large mugs of tea I may, just may, be prepared to say good morning. It’s not time related, Makes no difference if it’s 6am or 9am. My Dad was the same. My Mum stayed in bed until we had both left the house. Mr C says it’s a shame he doesn’t have that option hmm.

M0nica Fri 19-Oct-18 21:06:13

Definitely a morning person. If I am not up and about by 6.30, I am not well. If for any other reason I sleep after 7.00am, then that is my definition of a morning lost.

This is regardless of how many times I am up in the night. I never turn the light on if called to the bathroom and can practically do the whole thing without waking up.

tidyskatemum Fri 19-Oct-18 21:56:24

Absolutely a morning person. Wide awake around 6am, off for walkies as soon as it's light. I do around 6 miles and find it much harder work if I go in the afternoon. I like to get all my jobs and exercise done so that I can relax by late afternoon. DH is the opposite - he can sleep for Britain and won't do anything until he's got a deadline. Very frustrating!

Melanieeastanglia Fri 19-Oct-18 22:21:10

I am a morning person. If possible, I like to accomplish everything I've got to do as early as I can in the day. Sometimes appointments have to be later on but I try to make them early in the morning if I can.

Day6 Sat 20-Oct-18 00:48:29

I am not sure if it is a blessing or a curse but I am an all day long person with a love of the solitude and silence of night.

I have always had to work late at night as a single mother, but all my adult life I have worked and been up at 6am to get the children up, fed, dressed and sorted and to the childminder before going to work. I am rarely asleep before 2am. I can't drop off and have never been one for daytime naps. I am always alert and it's a form of anxiety I suppose. People have always relied on me so now I find it very hard to switch off. OH is snoring away next to me. I have my Kindle and my books ( and Gransnet,) so I pass the sleepless hours quite contentedly. I am sure so little sleep is bad for me but I seem to thrive despite quite a few chronic conditions.
I no longer work so I am often in bed still at 7.30 am, A real treat. OH always brings me up a nice cup of tea before I rise, soon afterwards.

TerriBull Sat 20-Oct-18 09:13:52

I wake up early these days, since the advent of the menopause I'm no longer sleep well, a lot of tossing and turning, so I tend to get up at 6.30ish and make coffee and take my husband one up at 7. I then read for half an hour before I shower. I'd say I'm a morning person although I do need that 2nd coffee and sometimes 30 minutes of yoga to feel fully awake, I'm not great first thing but I like mornings particularly sunny ones like today, we are going off for a walk in Bushy Park once my husband stirs his stumps. Annoyingly I have a habit of falling asleep around 9 pm which is often when I am hoping to watch a programme so I find myself catching up with it on IPlayer or the like. I go to bed at 10.30ish, read for a while and then try and go to sleep.