Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Oct-18 06:24:58

Good Morning everyone,
Its dark but its dry and its cold this morning here in Brackley .
Usual day for me , hope they have the flea market on today in Buckingham.
Mick

KatyK Sat 27-Oct-18 12:11:30

It's very mixed here too now gilly We woke up to sunshine, then snow (with the sun still shining), then rain, then snow again. It's just dark and dismal now.

Marydoll Sat 27-Oct-18 11:18:40

The sun is shining here in Glasgow?
Please keep your snow? to yourselves! ?

The cake looks yummy Baggs

gillybob Sat 27-Oct-18 11:14:22

We’ve had snow, sleet, rain, thunder and hailstones here on the NE coast already this morning KatyK it’s brightening up now thankfully .

gillybob Sat 27-Oct-18 10:54:05

How could you post a photo of that cake Baggs ? envy

KatyK Sat 27-Oct-18 10:39:06

It's snowing here in Birmingham! shock

jacq10 Sat 27-Oct-18 10:32:36

Happy Christmas!!! Up at seven - looked out and all was well - bit damp but thought I would sort out some garden tubs later and get winter pansies in. Had a tidy up of papers, etc, caught up with a TV programme - looked out just after eight to white roofs and roads all round. Have now made a BIG pan of lentil and carrot soup and snow beginning to thaw off roofs. Looks like being another long winter.

kittylester Sat 27-Oct-18 10:22:38

What's your address again, baggs!grin

Baggs Sat 27-Oct-18 10:05:39

TY, gd grin

Two pics: DH & me with Minibaggs eighteen years ago and the cake, still in need of a gooey chocolate covering, for today.

Greyduster Sat 27-Oct-18 09:39:28

Happy Unbirthday, Baggs!

TerriBull Sat 27-Oct-18 09:35:42

Good morning all, sunny but chilly Autumn Day here in the south east. Just having a coffee and then we are off for a walk in Bushy Park, one of my favourite places. We walk in the Woodland Gardens, which is enclosed, the deer are outside, just as well it's the rutting season, but their bellowing can be heard all round the park, they sound quite fearsome almost like lions. They can be dangerous this time of the year, a youngster was gored by one last week, and had to be airlifted to hospital, parents let her get too close.

Hope you all have a good week-end and a Happy Birthday and celebrations to all the Baggs family on your memorable multi anniversary have a few of these wine with the cake.

gillybob Sat 27-Oct-18 09:31:19

The cake sounds delicious Baggs I bet the pears make it lovely and moist. Drooling thinking about it. smile

Enjoy your joint celebrations , actual birthday or not .

Baggs Sat 27-Oct-18 09:20:37

Thank you for the birthday greetings! It's not actually my birthday today. The three birthdays mentioned are spread between mid-October and late-November, mine being the latest. We had the original triple celebration when Minibaggs was six weeks old, so that was quite close to my birthday. This one is closest to DD2's birthday, which was yesterday.

But thank you again! I'll accept on behalf of all of us. Cake's in the oven. I'll try and save you some virtual slices. ?

aggie Sat 27-Oct-18 09:20:34

flowers for Bags , happy birthday
Good wishes for all poorly Babies and People xxx

aggie Sat 27-Oct-18 09:17:07

Morning Everyone , it is very cold here , we are also supposed to be planting up the flower tubs in the Village today . This is a first , we got loads of plants donated for the summer and did window boxes for anyone we could persuade to look after them , the result was a burst of enthusiasm and we are hoping to get the same for the winter planters , but they don't need as much looking after .

Alygran Sat 27-Oct-18 09:09:51

Good morning from a dark, chilly and damp North Yorkshire. That has scuppered my gardening plans! Oh well perhaps a little light dusting and a book will be the order of the day.
Happy birthday baggs

NannyJan53 Sat 27-Oct-18 08:43:45

Good Morning from a bright but chilly Black Country. Woke up this morning to ice on the cars!

We are off shortly to Bristol to visit partners daughter. Stay overnight so back tomorrow afternoon.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Auntieflo Sat 27-Oct-18 08:43:42

Good morning Mick, Annie to come, and all others.
Looks bright and sunny at the moment here, so with luck, we may have a good day. DS2 and family are visiting this weekend, why does my heart sink a little at the thought? I tried to put them off, but he wouldn’t have it. I love him dearly, but GS is exhausting and DIL, just wafts!!!
We will go out for coffee with friends a little later, so that will cheer me up. Also go out for a meal later.
I AM NOT COOKING.
Oh I sound such a misery, I will try and pull myself together

Pittcity Sat 27-Oct-18 08:42:43

Good morning from sunny but cold Colchester. Laundry and shopping again!
I have already found the instruction booklet for the oven as I can never remember how to change the clock.

Happy birthday to the Baggses and much love to all.

Greyduster Sat 27-Oct-18 08:42:07

Bore da, Annie!

ninathenana Sat 27-Oct-18 08:41:41

Happy Birthday baggs
Sorry I didn't read other posts first

Anniebach Sat 27-Oct-18 08:35:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

ninathenana Sat 27-Oct-18 08:35:20

Morning all

Rain was forecast for Kent but we have blue sky and sunshine. Chilly though.
DD birthday today, her and family are back from holiday today. GC staying here tonight whilst she is out celebrating.
Have a good Saturday everyone.

Brunette10 Sat 27-Oct-18 08:31:40

Morning from a very cold Fife. DGS2 is still in hospital. His bronchitis is being treated by tubes down his nose and throat, he is responding to treatment and there was an improvement yesterday. Thank goodness. Have DGS1 who is a bit confused by everything but giving him lots of cuddles and attention. Hope everyone is ok I have just read teatime's post and I am heart broken at what they are going through.

NfkDumpling Sat 27-Oct-18 08:31:31

OOOh, Sorry Baggs. I actually read your post and thought how nice it was that you have a triple birthday celebration without actually twigging the fact that it’s your birthday!! blush. In my defence I was only just awake!

Happy Birthday! flowers

travelsafar Sat 27-Oct-18 08:28:28

Blue sky with a few fluffy clouds and little sunshine here this morning. Off to meet my niece for coffee and a catch up this morning. We will no doubt have a look round the shops for prospective christmas gifts too. Aiming to get back in time to finish off some work in the garden that i started yesterday.