Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Wed 31-Oct-18 06:28:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just getting twilight here in brackley , but its dry but cold outside.
My trip this coming weekend is to Warner's at Norton Grange near Yarmouth on the IOW.
Its a full weekend lave Friday and return Monday.
Mick

ninathenana Wed 31-Oct-18 06:37:38

Morning Mick

Half light here in Kent it's over cast but the strong winds have gone and it is a degree or two warmer.

You certainly get about Mick can't beat a good Warner's and I love I.O.W. enjoy !
Have a good day everyone

NanKate Wed 31-Oct-18 06:40:04

Morning Mick and All.

Cold and clear here in South Bucks. Off to oxford for the day to meet our oldest friends who I have known since I was 16. We are having lunch at the Turf Tavern a 13th century pub. The sort of place Morse would have frequented.

Have fun Mick I love the ferry trip from Lymington to Yarmouth.

NanKate Wed 31-Oct-18 06:40:39

Morning to Nina too.

NfkDumpling Wed 31-Oct-18 06:43:30

Morning Mick, Nina and Everybody

After yesterdays persistent driving rain and muzzle leaving us rather soggy, its dried up overnight and the grass was actually a bit crisp when I just padded out to the bird table. Clear skies, virtually no wind and a sunrise so hopefully a nice day ahead.

I’ve got an early appointment at the doctors for an MOT, then nothing planned for the day.

Our semi-tame rook has returned. I’m pretty sure its the same bird as it always comes to the table the same way and none of the other rooks dare come that close.

NannyJan53 Wed 31-Oct-18 06:46:53

Good morning from a frosty Black Country.

I hope you enjoy Warners Mick I have been a few times to the one near Chester.

I love Oxford NanKate , have a lovely time with your friends.

I am meeting up with my ex-Manager from the job I retired from last year, and from which she was made redundant from this summer.

Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Wed 31-Oct-18 06:50:39

Yes NannyJan something really special about Oxford especially if the sunshine is on the walls of the Colleges. We now use Park and Ride as driving into the Centre is very tricky and expensive.

tanith Wed 31-Oct-18 06:54:16

Morning everyone it’s pretty cloudy here in London, have a great time at Warner’s we stayed there in the Summer and had a lovely time the food was just lovely so much choice and so much to do and the views are stunning. Enjoy.

EllanVannin Wed 31-Oct-18 06:56:32

Good Morning All from the North West. Dry breezy and cool with signs of daylight. It's always that bit darker the further North you go.
Hope all is well with everyone.x

Gagagran Wed 31-Oct-18 07:07:50

Morning Mick and everyone!

It looks as if we might have a nice day in store here on the south coast and it is not quite as cold.

It's choir this evening and we are supposedly having a full run through of the concert programme. I bet that doesn't happen - our MD will find lots to correct as we go! The big event is on 1 December so only 5 rehearsals left.

DH is out with his bike club today so I am going to catch up on jobs best done when he is not around to advise the best way of doing them grin

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

gillybob Wed 31-Oct-18 07:09:52

Good morning everyone x

kittylester Wed 31-Oct-18 07:12:46

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is fairly bright this morning but the sky is a lovely pinky shade - rather worrying.

I'm feeling a bit better today but am aiming to do little!

PECS Wed 31-Oct-18 07:14:42

Quick hello b4 I scrape the ice off the windscreen and go to work. Off to Reigate today!

Brunette10 Wed 31-Oct-18 07:19:21

Morning everyone and to those who follow. Been raining here and still very damp in Fife. Doesn't look good for today. Have DGS1 today, not sure what we shall do yet but I know it will be a fun day whatever we end up doing. Enjoy your day and to those not feeling 100% look after yourself.

Willow10 Wed 31-Oct-18 07:41:37

Good morning all. Bright but frosty in East Northants. Disappointed not to get the promised phonecall from RSPCA after waiting anxiously for a week. Also to discover the little blind dog I had shown interest in had been taken off the website. I sincerely hope it has found a good home, but it would have been nice to be told. It's ladies archery today followed by coffee and chat. I've never been to Warner's - I must try it sometime. Have a good day everyone.

aggie Wed 31-Oct-18 07:43:00

Good Morning all , it is dry and cold here but rain is forecast for later when we will be planting up the containers in the village .... The best laid plans ...

Blue45Sapphire Wed 31-Oct-18 07:44:14

Good morning from a very frosty and bright Northampton.
Just put some washing in then a few more jobs to do around the house this morning, and then off to the Filmhouse this afternoon to see A Star is Born - I hear it's very good. I shall be enjoying my usual glass of malbec of course at the cinema!

Pittcity Wed 31-Oct-18 07:47:27

Good morning from sunny Colchester. First frost of the winter this morning, cold and crisp...lovely.
Regular Wednesday coffee meet up in town today.

harrigran Wed 31-Oct-18 07:48:35

Good morning, overcast but dry.
Have to return to see GP to get results of ECG done yesterday.

Greyduster Wed 31-Oct-18 07:50:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Blazing sunshine to melt a heavy frost in South Yorkshire. My ‘will it won’t it’ cold has now decided it will ?. Not sure we are up to today, possibly more camera hunting! Have a good day folks.

mumofmadboys Wed 31-Oct-18 08:03:27

Morning all! We are going to a holiday cottage just outside Oxford for Christmas. Never been away at Christmas before. One son works in Oxford and only has 2 days off and another son works in London and has 27th and 28th off. As we live in the Lakes seemed the best way of seeing them. Another son lives in Dundee but we hope he will come too.

Marydoll Wed 31-Oct-18 08:24:53

Good morning all, it's wet here in Glasgow.
A catching up day here today. Lots of bits and bobs to do.
I'm going to try out and make amaretto biscuits in my new oven and various hot dinners. something we haven't had for weeks. The kitchen saga is coming to an end, I hope. I shall invite you all to the virtual opening soon.grin.
Gillybob's thread on what to wear with a new skirt, has inspired me to look for the ones I put away when I retired. I'm off to climb a ladder to the look in the top of the wardrobe.
NanKate, we tried to book a coach trip to Oxford recently, but it was cancelled due to "Lack of interest".sad. Oxford is on our bucket list, but it's such a drive for us.
Enjoy your day, all.

Auntieflo Wed 31-Oct-18 08:26:29

Morning Mick, Annie to come, and one and all .
Bright, chilly and frosty here. Just tried to pay a bill, through the bank online. Why is it so convoluted? Anyway got it done. (A couple of trees had a trim).
Sorry to hear your cold has decided to stay Greyduster, DH has the same thing. To all feeling under the weather, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Have a good day all.

Mapleleaf Wed 31-Oct-18 08:29:03

Good morning,
A lovely bright morning here, but it's been very frosty.
Sounds a lovely trip, mick. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Those of you going to Oxford, enjoy. Christmas there sounds great, mumofmadboys. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.
Hope you find that new camera soon, greyduster. We start the search soon, when DH has a week off, as he'd like one for Christmas. It's mind boggling though, isn't it, with all the choice?
Hope everyone has a decent day. ?

Alygran Wed 31-Oct-18 08:30:16

Morning all. Frosty and sunny in North Yorkshire after a few damp days.
A finishing off sort of day today..a jacket for a friend’s toddler to sew up and my poppy fall to attach to the village sign plinth.
Have a good day everyone.