Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Nov-18 06:27:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry weatherwise seems to be getting more seasonal with colder weather .
Apart from usual Buckingham/Bicester Bus trips , I renewed my national express Coachcard which is now £12.50p a year.
In addition to west end shows booked, Motown for the 5th and final time as it finishes in London in April ,and Mama Mia both a week apart.
Mick

Nana3 Fri 16-Nov-18 08:36:59

Good morning from a misty Lancashire. A day out with WI for me.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 16-Nov-18 08:49:53

Good morning all x

Dull here in SE Essex, I am off to the gym this morning then a coffee and chat afterward.

Hope you all have a peaceful Friday

Willow10 Fri 16-Nov-18 08:53:05

A late good morning from a dry and mild East Northants - after a quiz night I find it difficult to shut down and go to sleep! This morning is a shopping trip to Rushden Lakes and plenty of coffee. Hope it's a good one for you all.

Nannytopsy Fri 16-Nov-18 09:01:16

Good morning Mick and everyone who followed. Grey and dull seems to be the pattern everywhere today. Yesterday in the Peak District was a perfect Autumn day spent with a good friend but today is a day for jobs. I am confined to barracks while the car is serviced so I must get on!

Buffybee Fri 16-Nov-18 09:41:42

Good morning to everyone!
Dd had just dropped her Labrador and King Charles Spaniel off for the day as she is having work done on the house.
Luckily, they get in with my Labrador and it is fine and mild here on the foothills of the Pennines, so they can all trip in and out of the garden all day without any muddy paw prints.

Anniebach Fri 16-Nov-18 09:59:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

So hoping to hear from therapist today.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Applegran Fri 16-Nov-18 10:05:06

Good morning everyone! Here it is misty but dry and I'll go for a walk soon. Am helping care for grandson who is not well. Inspired by plans in this thread, I am thinking DH and I must get on with planning and booking next year's holidays - we are procrastinating , but will feel good when it is in the diary. Maybe Greece? Outer Hebrides?

CaroleAnne Fri 16-Nov-18 10:08:14

Good morning everybody from Warminster. It is very grey and overcast outside but very mild.
Hope that you all have an enjoyable day.

CaroleAnne Fri 16-Nov-18 10:12:02

Hello everyone. Greetings from Warminster. The weather is grey and overcast but very mild. Have an enjoyable day.

Phoebes Fri 16-Nov-18 10:32:10

Good morning everybody! Hope you all have a better day than me, as I woke up with terrible sinuses, a cough, a headache and a slight temperature, so I won’t be able to go to my life-drawing class this morning or to my church group this afternoon, making items for the Nativity Spectacular, which involves a real camel, donkey, sheep and goats hired from an agency! I’m going back to bed!!

Sarahmob Fri 16-Nov-18 10:34:29

Good morning everyone, lunch with a friend is on my agenda for today, and then a big basket of ironing (which I quite enjoy doing!)

Feelingmyage55 Fri 16-Nov-18 10:45:47

Good morning all. Very frosty, bright and beautiful here, possibly seems brighter as I am in a vey positive mood. Off to see friends I have not been able to visit for over a year. They are great cooks so I know I will be fed something delicious and exciting. Have a good weekend those who are out and about, keep warm and look after yourself if you are confined to home.

Harris27 Fri 16-Nov-18 12:00:24

Good morning to you all from a cold damp north east. Having new sky put in for son returning home ?. Then hair done and food shop could do with lazy day but can't waste them as back to work on Monday. Hope your treatments gone well auntieflo. Going for Pudsey biscuits for grandchildren for tonight. Have good Friday all.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 16-Nov-18 13:34:29

Good afternoon from a dreary East Midlands.

The plumber has left now, (third visit this week) the boiler is now in top form but my bank account is £500 lighter. At least I'm warm. The ironing's done and I'm going to put my feet up.

oldgaijin Fri 16-Nov-18 13:58:25

Good afternoon all from Aberdeenshire, which is ablaze in bright sunshine. Appointment with dietician this morning and, hooray, she says I can have the odd carb snack now that they've changed my insulin. Now, where did I hide those biscuits?

Nanny41 Fri 16-Nov-18 14:52:42

Good afternoon to Mike, who I havent a clue who you are, everyone else seems to know but nobody telling!
It is sunny and ten degrees here in Sweden, very inseasonal, but I have been in my greenhouse enjoying myself.Hope you have all had a good day.

Marydoll Fri 16-Nov-18 15:43:32

Nanny41, there have been a number of posts on the Good Morning thread in the last few weeks, explaining who Mick is.
The Good Morning thread was started ages ago by a kindly man, Michael 12, who greets us all first thing in the morning. It has become a tradition that the regular posters wait until Mick posts before other people post. If Mick, is away, someone else starts the thread. This thread has been going for a long time and many of us look forward to hearing what other people have planned for the day.
It is only recently that it has been included in the daily email, resulting in new posters. All are welcome, the more the merrier. grin
I hope this explains everything.

Arto1s Fri 16-Nov-18 16:49:59

Good Morning. Until this terrible smoke clears I have nothing good to report. We are driving up to San Francisco today to bring eldest Granddaughter back for the weekend. The smoke is so bad there that all the schools are closed.

Minerva Fri 16-Nov-18 17:42:21

Good morning Artols though it’s evening where I am.
Just wanted to say how sad these fires are; the death toll is horrendous.

MawBroon Fri 16-Nov-18 18:09:21

Nanny41 I posted this on Wednesday in response to your Who is Mick question.

MawBroon Wed 14-Nov-18 10:14:29
^Mick or 12Michael to give him his proper name (!) is the kind person who first started these threads as a friendly start to the day, perhaps an overview of weather in the various parts of the country and our plans for the day.
He is pretty prompt at 6.30 but if he is late we know that he has been on the razzle^ grin