Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Sun 18-Nov-18 06:25:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and cold out there .
Quiet day to today, 2nd attempt at doing a slow cooked beef, have put veg at the base and water just enough to cover the veg so beef sits on top then usual salt and pepper for taste should take 5 hours on a high setting .
Mick

Purpleknight49 Sun 18-Nov-18 09:09:07

Does anyone go to church?

Auntieflo Sun 18-Nov-18 09:20:54

Yes, Purpleknight49, I mentioned in my “lost” post, that we are off at 10.00 am. Don’t know where it went!!!
I also said good morning to Annie, Mick and others here already.
I think my Ipad has gremlins, as this has happened before, and is selective in what it posts.
Now really must get a wiggle on, as we are picking up someone to give them a lift.
Happy Sunday one and all.

LouLou21 Sun 18-Nov-18 09:23:41

Good morning everyone, I am lucky enough to be sitting in a sun filled room in Amsterdam, visiting with one of my oldest Dutch friends, alas later today I will be heading to the airport and home.

adaunas Sun 18-Nov-18 09:30:11

Good morning everyone. It’s bright and sunny here in North Lancs. I had a lie in till 8.30 this morning, such luxury. Hope the beef in the slow cooker works out OK, we’ve done that before, but didn’t replace the cooker when it died.
It’s going to be a restful day till family arrive near dinner time, usually they come for lunch, but they’re out all day today.
Need to go for a walk and practise musical things ready for next week, but apart from that it’s a ‘time to read’ sort of day.
Have a good day everyone.

Oneup Sun 18-Nov-18 09:43:20

Morning all... hear in South Lanarkshire the sun is shine and there is not a cloud in the sky...saying that we have had frost last night but heh I can take if the sun shines... off to my brothers for dinner always looks forward to it as it saves me cooking Sunday dinner... have a good day all

gillybob Sun 18-Nov-18 09:44:52

A late good morning from the NE coast x

Irenelily Sun 18-Nov-18 09:47:09

Good morning all. Bright and sunny - but cold in North Cambs! Have a good day everyone!

Marydoll Sun 18-Nov-18 09:54:28

Well, what an idiot I am. Got to station, trains cancelled. Jumped into taxi to Glasgow and discovered we are actually getting the 11.20 train to Stirling not the 10.20. I must pay more attention.??DD thinks Ive lost the plot.

TerriBull Sun 18-Nov-18 10:06:11

Good morning everybody, one of the reasons I like reading this thread is to find out what sort of weather others are experiencing in our small island. Anyway here in the south east it's a lovely bright late Autumnal day.

Not a lot planned today other than a trip to Waitrose to pick up our free Sunday newspaper and something for dinner. Reading some of the posts I'm suffering from roast pork envy, it's the only roast we don't have, my husband doesn't like pork, I do sad

Have a good day everyone.

Kim19 Sun 18-Nov-18 10:09:29

Yes PK49, I plan to go to church. Beautiful clear blue sky up here in the North with full sunshine and slight frost on the grass. My afternoon plan is to give the fourth and final coat of white paint to a cupboard I haven't been in or using for many years and then fill it in the course of next week. Wish me luck. A rotten job which is almost over.

Sewell61 Sun 18-Nov-18 10:12:23

Good morning from a very sunny but cold ES, I've had a lazy morning so far....going to visit my daughter later & maybe a bit of Christmas shopping. Have a lovely day everyone ☺

Peardrop50 Sun 18-Nov-18 10:14:36

Good morning Mick and all from a dry sunny Anglesey. Can’t believe all you early risers, there is only one 9 o’clock in my day and it isn’t at this end.
Planning on going to Llandudno today to look for a car, I love our Skoda yeti but Mr P is not too keen, thought we’d look at a Prius.
Hope you all enjoy a lovely Sunday x

Pittcity Sun 18-Nov-18 10:22:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Temperature much more seasonal.
Quiet day here with a roast beef dinner.

Purplepoppies Sun 18-Nov-18 10:24:00

Good morning all.
Cold and bright here in Ault Reekie.
I'm planning on cake making and cooking myself a nice easy one tray dinner.
I love my slow cooker. It has several functions including a steamer!!
It gets well used in these chilly dark days. ❄❄❄❄

Nana3 Sun 18-Nov-18 10:24:58

Good morning the sun is still shining in Lancashire, hope to have a walk later and do some gardening. Enjoy your beef Mick.
Hope you all have a good day.

Sielha Sun 18-Nov-18 10:41:55

Good morning all from sunny Liverpool! Hoping for a day of dog walking, the papers and coffee!

hollie57 Sun 18-Nov-18 11:35:23

Morning everyone from the beautiful sunny south
Coast ,mick your beef sounds tempting but have not got a slow cooker as old one broke a while ago and can’t decide which one to buy to replace it ,out for lunch today with my lovely hubbie and mum.

oldgaijin Sun 18-Nov-18 11:37:12

Salutations from a tropical Aberdeenshire! Have been tidying the greenhouse and it is so HOT, I had to come inside for a drink. Am on a roll, so onward and upward...the shed is next.

Sheilasue Sun 18-Nov-18 13:42:03

Beefs lovely cooked in a slow cooker.

moggie57 Sun 18-Nov-18 15:11:33

I wouldnt put veg in with meat.not that i eat meat.steam veg later

Nanny41 Sun 18-Nov-18 15:52:34

Sorry I am a bit late in the day, but will say good afternoon to Mick and everyone else, I hope you have all had a lovely day doing what you had planned to do. Here in Sweden its been sunny all day till it went dark at 3pm!Cooler today with winds from Siberia.

Tillybelle Sun 18-Nov-18 16:24:00

WoW, Hope it was as good as it sounds, says me at 16.25h. i only had yesterday's leftovers today. An odd weekend. Maybe I will take inspiration from you during the week.....

LuckyFour Sun 18-Nov-18 16:42:10

Reading this post at 4.40 pm. Is that allowed? I notice the last piece was written at just before 9 am. Is that the cutoff time for the 'morning' post?

Barmeyoldbat Sun 18-Nov-18 17:03:46

Good evening everyone as I was out this morning in bright crisp start to the day and have only just got in. We have a roast beff for dinner tonight but I must confess it was not cooked by me but by a local cafe who do the most wonderful roast dinners and were willing to plate two up for me as a takeaway. Going to have them now as the fire is lit. Hope you you all had a happy day.