Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Wed 28-Nov-18 06:20:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in brackley this morning , got my xmas stamps yesterday , and today will start to get the presents in.
Mick

kittylester Wed 28-Nov-18 06:32:50

Morning mick morning all.

It's cold and rainy in North Leicestershire this morning. This is a new phone - why did I think it was a good idea? grin

Our new cleaner is coming today - scary prospect as our old one had been coming to us for 15 years.

Hairdresser this pm - long overdue!

Enjoy your days everyone!

Marydoll Wed 28-Nov-18 06:42:19

Morning Mick and Kitty.

Dark and damp here in Glasgow, rain forecast all day. sad

I have been all night coughing and antibiotics are making me sick, so a very grumpy MD this morning. angry
We have DGD today, so that will cheer us up.

She had her taster day at nursery yesterday and loved it, we are waiting to hear all her news.Have a good day all.

Nana3 Wed 28-Nov-18 06:56:50

Good morning everyone, rain forecasted for Lancashire. Carpet cleaners coming this morning. No plans to go out today.
Have a good day all.

ninathenana Wed 28-Nov-18 06:57:57

.Morning everyone.

Still dark in Kent but I can hear the rain that's been at it since 2pm yesterday. No wind yet though.
I've finshed my Christmas shopping Mick I've not bought my stamps though.
A day of pottering indoors for me, not the weather for much else.
Have a god day everyone.

Mapleleaf Wed 28-Nov-18 07:12:02

Good morning,
I'm bright and early for a change, (well, early grin).
It's dark and very wet outside. I heard the rain hammering on the window earlier this morning and remember hazily thinking that I was glad I wasn't out in it.
Well done, Mick, getting all your stamps. It's an expense in itself, isn't it? I've got a few, but not enough, so need to buy some more. I've just about done all the Xmas shopping, just left with a few bits to do.
Like Nina, I'll be pottering about indoors for the most part today.
Have a good day one and all. smile

Smiley4 Wed 28-Nov-18 07:18:18

Hello everyone. Wishing you all a lovely day - rain or not. ?

Blue45Sapphire Wed 28-Nov-18 07:22:29

Good morning everyone. Still dark in Northampton and looks damp out.
Should be out with a walking group this afternoon, but I will see how the weather pans out. Definitely not going if it rains!
Have got most of my Christmas presents, just something for neighbours to thank them for their help in what has been a difficult year for me.
Will be writing my cards on Sunday, as per (my) tradition, the first Sunday in December. Will get stamps next week. Will be strange and sad leaving DH's name off....I will be brave.
Now three-quarters of the way through Rebecca!

Grammaretto Wed 28-Nov-18 07:30:38

So dark still here in the Scottish Borders. Spent last night listening to gloomy ballads at the folk club which was cheering.
Craft group today.
Have a good day all of you.

Willow10 Wed 28-Nov-18 07:36:55

Good morning all. I think it's dry but its still dark. Not much sleep last night after seeing Bohemian Rhapsody - the music is still going through my head. Thoroughly recommended. It's my birthday today and I'm doing archery, coffee meet up and then the family arrive this evening. I got my stamps too Mick - and posted the overseas cards. Still have the others to write at the weekend. Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 28-Nov-18 07:37:15

Good morning from a dark, rainy Colchester.
Weekly coffee meetup in town today.

Pittcity Wed 28-Nov-18 07:38:35

Happy Birthday Willow10?

dragonfly46 Wed 28-Nov-18 07:43:24

Good morning, as Kitty says very damp in Leicestershire. Have all the presents wrapped, cards written and stamps bought so will go up and see me mum this afternoon. She seemed to know who I was on Sunday!
Blue45Sapphire it must be hard just signing for yourself, I feel for you flowers.
I hope everyone else has a good day.

NannyJan53 Wed 28-Nov-18 07:47:07

Good Morning from a very wet Black Country.

Not up quite so early as Partner taking his car for a service, so he is working from home.

Taking a friend for lunch today to celebrate her 65th birthday last week. She received the State Pension just 2 weeks before! Not going into that on here though smile

Never had a cleaner Kitty as I know I would feel the need to tidy up before they came! Hope your cough eases soon Marydoll it is so annoying when it interrupts sleep. Happy Birthday cupcake Willow.

flowers for Blue45Sapphire

Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Wed 28-Nov-18 07:50:00

Morning everyone!

It's forecasting rain and strong winds here on the south coast from late morning. That will be just in time to meet me from my hair appointment (much needed too kitty!). Hey ho.

This evening is the final rehearsal for our choir concert on Saturday and I am apprehensive as last week we were terrible. I think that our MD forgets that we are only amateurs and most of us are 20 years or more younger than she is. It is not enjoyable when we are not confident in the pieces she selected. Just hope it goes alright on Saturday.

Have a good day everybody.

Mapleleaf Wed 28-Nov-18 07:51:49

Happy birthday, Willow10.
flowers. ?

Brunette10 Wed 28-Nov-18 07:56:44

Morining everyone from a dark and damp Fife. It's to be a horrible day here too today. Feel for everyone feeling under the weather, the weather makes it miserable enough without feeling unwell, thinking of you all. Have DGS1 today unsure what the day will bring since its to be so horrible outside. Will keep him busy though. Hppy Birthday Willow - enjoy your day. Look after yourselves everyone.

Alygran Wed 28-Nov-18 08:02:28

Good morning from a wet and windy North Yorkshire. Day 3 of decorating today. Loving the new soft yellow in the hall.
Off to try to do the last of the Christmas shopping today and meet former colleagues for lunch.
Blue flowers the card thing is a toughie. Cards have started arriving too, another reminder of it being just me. Be brave, stay strong.
To everyone, especially those struggling, hope the day offers some brightness.

Alygran Wed 28-Nov-18 08:04:31

Happy birthday Willow flowers

gillybob Wed 28-Nov-18 08:07:01

Good morning everyone x

Happy birthday Willow flowers

NanKate Wed 28-Nov-18 08:10:38

Morning Mick and All.

Have a lovely birthday ? Willow.

Grey, damp and uninviting here in South Bucks.

Poor you Marydoll you are really going through the wars at present. I made my own hot lemon and honey drink last night which seemed to help. Any good for you MD ? I still have low/medium level coughing after 3 weeks ?

So relieved our youngest DGS had his egg free flu jab yesterday, they are hard to come by. He didn’t have one last year which was an ongoing worry for Mr Nan and me.

aggie Wed 28-Nov-18 08:13:09

Good Morning all. Wet windy cold , sigh , oh well soon be the equinox and the days will get longer again . No Christmas cards here this year, it is a tradition sad I usually moan about writing them , but I miss it , I make my cards so I might do some for the grandchildren to hold their tip !

Beechnut Wed 28-Nov-18 08:13:36

Wet here but not raining. I’m off to the opticians this morning and having my flu jab this afternoon.
Have a lovely day all. ?

cornergran Wed 28-Nov-18 08:14:25

Morning Mick, Morning All from a wet and windy corner of Somerset. Happy birthday willow, get well soon maryd and anyone else poorly today. Home stuff this morning then off along the lanes on Grandparent detail. Mr C is unwell has so just me today. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

travelsafar Wed 28-Nov-18 08:17:19

Wet and windy here this morning. Off to the hairdressers for a trim all over not just my fringe this time. Then picking up my niece to head to Lidls for dried fruits then one of the local garden centres for a couple of Christmas gifts, no doubt we will have a coffe whilst there.I also need to pick up something i ordered to be delivered to my local Bon Marche and go to the post office to post a card to Australia and put DH repeat script into the pharmacy. So a busy mornig ahead for me.