Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Wed 28-Nov-18 06:20:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in brackley this morning , got my xmas stamps yesterday , and today will start to get the presents in.
Mick

harrigran Wed 28-Nov-18 08:25:48

Good morning, dark and damp here in the NE.
Hairdresser coming this morning for my regular trim and blow dry.
We have a few of GC's gifts, bought online but I have three birthday gifts to sort out so may brave the Metro centre later.
Hope you found GS much improved Maw.
Happy birthday Willow

Greyduster Wed 28-Nov-18 08:32:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey, wet and misty in South Yorkshire. Happy Birthday, Willow10! We are popping over to see DD this morning as she had a bit of a fright yesterday and ended up in A&E, which gave us a bit of a fright too! Have a good day folks.

Sewell61 Wed 28-Nov-18 08:37:59

Good morning all, Happy Birthday Willowflowers it's miserable here in SE. I had a bad day at the dentist yesterday, so a chilled out day for me. Hope everyone has a lovely day smile

EllanVannin Wed 28-Nov-18 08:38:04

Good morning All x
Breezy this morning but not cold. Expecting a few parcels today so will have to stay put. At least I've made a start to Christmas as I seem to get slower each year. I'll get there.

Hope all is well with everyone,stay safe.

Anniebach Wed 28-Nov-18 08:45:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

My younger daughter is coming from Lincolnshire today for two days, I haven’t seen her since March

Hope everyone has a good day x

DoraMarr Wed 28-Nov-18 08:58:40

Good morning Mick, Annie and everyone from a grey, wet Birmingham. Feeling as gloomy as the weather this morning after a broken night’s sleep and a sense of anticlimax after what was, after all, a good result at the hospital yesterday. Heigh ho, must rouse myself. Lunch with a friend, then the “Nutcracker” this evening with the BRB - will be applauding the children enthusiastically, Maw Broon!
Happy birthday Willow, and I hope everyone under the weather feels better today.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 28-Nov-18 09:20:43

Goodmorning all x

Have a wonderful time with your daughter Anniebach xx

Happy Birthday Willow ?

It will be hard card writing on Sunday BlueSaphire will be thinking if you ?

Grey and damp on this part of SE Essex, have dropped GS at nursery, carpet men here again today. I shall try and finish my Christmas card writing, and get GD parcel sent off to Denmark.

Have a peaceful day xx

Auntieflo Wed 28-Nov-18 09:42:38

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. I am beginning to feel a bit more human, after an awfull day yesterday. Mind you, I slept through most of it. The window cleaner must have been as he has left his card, but I didn’t hear him at all.
It is wet and windy here, but cosy inside, which is where I am going to stay.
Haven’t even bought our cards yet, or the stamps, or any presents, so we had better get a wiggle on.
Annie, do enjoy your daughter’s visit.
Have a good day one and all.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 28-Nov-18 10:20:08

Good morning. I am “early” as it is too damp and dull to do any outside work. I still have planters to sort out with spring bulbs so will just watch the forecast for a weather window. Was out all day yesterday so plan a catch-up day and have just received an email from friends planning to come and stay for the weekend ?. They will be great company but I should know better than not to be prepared for surprises in December! I will just have to spend less time on GN and with the TV. Happy birthday willow and commiserations to those with coughs and colds. Remember the power of steamy inhalations if you can bear them. Old fashioned but effective. Take care everyone.

David1968 Wed 28-Nov-18 10:32:15

Good morning GNs. Showery and windy here in Morecambe Bay, but warmer than yesterday. The window cleaner is busy at work on our home and the neighbours' - not an easy task in this weather.

gillybob Wed 28-Nov-18 10:32:59

Will be strange and sad leaving DH's name off....I will be brave

Heartbreaking Blue45Sapphire I remember the Christmas just after my mum died ( 2 years ago now) receiving a card with “To a Dear Daughter and Son in Law” on the front with
“love from MDad x”. Can’t do it on my phone but basically he had started to write Mum and tried to change the M to a D . I cried buckets .

oldgaijin Wed 28-Nov-18 10:38:35

Happy Birthday Willow10! I saw Bohemian Rhapsody too, a week ago and I'm still humming the music.

oldgaijin Wed 28-Nov-18 10:45:08

Howling gales all night in Aberdeenshire with rain lashing at the Windows...looks like more of the same today so shall hunker down with the sewing machine and multiple cups of tea.

Peardrop50 Wed 28-Nov-18 10:56:29

Good morning all. Wet and windy in Anglesey this morning. Most Christmas shopping done and wrapped! I have never been this organised, gransnetters good habits must be rubbing off on me.
Warm wishes to those sending Christmas cards with a single signature, must be very sad for you but I admire your strength to continue the Christmas spirit.
Get well soon to those feeling unwell.
I'm going to be busy putting finishing touches to spare rooms in anticipation of son, daughter-in-law and two little ones moving in this afternoon while they renovate their new house.
Looking forward to some life in the house.

NemosMum Wed 28-Nov-18 10:57:28

Morning All! Grey, wet and breezy here in Jesmond Newcastle. Not looking forward to going out later, but I am going to get grandson from nursery this afternoon, and that is always good fun. I'm going to introduce him to pomegranates today and we might crack some hazelnuts. Always try to do something new with him.

Kim19 Wed 28-Nov-18 11:20:30

Morning everyone! Wet 'n' wild up here too. Happily it doesn't affect home decorating adversely. Only my lethargy achieves that! Wish you all a successful day whatever that entails.

Mapleleaf Wed 28-Nov-18 12:04:48

flowers Blue45Sapphire and any other GN's facing this this year.

MawBroon Wed 28-Nov-18 12:33:49

Chucking it down in Walthamstow!
Good afternoon all!

I have been meaning to write C cards 5 a night for about the last two weeks - still don’t know when I’ll get round to them though as I am here till tonight, Birmingham toorrow till Friday, then Book Club and back to Birmingham to see DGS in The Nutcracker on Sunday and back here again Monday afternoon and Tuesday [tired emoticon ]
After Christmas not being for months, suddenly the days are racing past (and I only bought second class sta,ps)
Wishing you all a pleasant day (and less rain!)

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 28-Nov-18 13:16:45

Just picked up on this group very recently. Just wondered how it started?

MawBroon Wed 28-Nov-18 13:49:02

12Michael started it.

NanKate Wed 28-Nov-18 14:03:27

Yes Mick started it and we all wait for him to kick off each morning. When he is on hols he designates someone to take over. It seems to work like a dream.

Onestepbeyond Wed 28-Nov-18 22:20:39

Arhh Mick - if you're posting cards can I have one as I don't get them these days

moggie57 Wed 28-Nov-18 23:12:10

Yuk.so tired again.hate my rheumatoid arthritis.was up dressed breakfast fed birds squirels.took cat for short walk.read last chapter of book.thought 5 min rest.woke up 5 hours later.day wasted again.