Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Wed 12-Dec-18 06:30:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, dry and maybe cold outside in brackley , yesterday everything sort of went wrong, bus broke down, so changed my plans a bit , but today I will pursue to do as I had planned .
Mick

Anniebach Wed 12-Dec-18 09:06:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

My younger granddaughter is coming today, I haven’t seen her for two weeks. She is my tonic, chatter and laughter and hugs.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pittcity Wed 12-Dec-18 09:09:48

Good morning from a bright, cold Colchester.
Weekly coffee meetup this morning and looking after 3 year old DGS this afternoon and for the rest of the week.
DS has man flu and is staying in bed, so I'll be looking after him too ( he's 17)

MiniMoon Wed 12-Dec-18 09:10:54

Good morning from a bright but chilly Northumberland. DH and I are off to Kirkbride for lunch later. It is always very good, we go every 3-4 months, as it's a bit of a drive. It's almost on the west coast.
Should be going to Knit & Natter this afternoon, but will call in on the way home.
Have a good day everyone.

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 09:22:11

Good morning GNs, from the cloudy and not-quite-fully-light-yet Morecambe Bay area. I'm off to a "ladies' dinner" this evening and I don't know what to wear. Not sure if leggings and a comfy top will really cut it..... Happy Wednesday, everyone.

Lisagran Wed 12-Dec-18 09:31:44

Hi, annsixty - hope you enjoy your days away. Do you live in Stockport? I lived there up until 18 - in Reddish

Urmstongran Wed 12-Dec-18 10:02:22

Of course it will David1968. Indeed it’s what I shall be wearing at a dinner I’m going to tomorrow night! Put on some bright lipstick, some earrings that sparkle and all will be fine. We sit down at a table for 80% of the evening and will only be seen from the waist up. Plus it’s cold out there!

Feelingmyage55 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:21:22

Good morning from a dull and damp Scotland. Having my coffee in a Christmas cup for the first time this season so that means the festive season has begun in our house. Would have said good morning earlier as I have not been doing outside chores but got caught up listening to Teresa May and trying to grasp the full significance of what is being made to happen. Have a good day.

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:24:02

Thanks, Urmstogran, that's very true - "only be seen from the waist up!" You've inspired me: I've a new top and shall now be digging out the sparkly jewellery....

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:24:51

Urmstongran - sorry I missed out the "n".

Lynne59 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:42:00

Morning all, it's cold and grey in Nottingham. Him Indoors is at home, unwell with a virus of some kind. I'm doing the last few arrangements for the day centre I run....we're having Santa, of course, and a tombola (rigged, so that everyone wins), and this Friday, a lady harpist is entertaining us.

Later, I'll see son no. 1, we'll collect his 2 daughters from school, go to an indoor play centre (he's 6ft 2 and charges around in there with them), then have dinner at a pub.

Conni7 Wed 12-Dec-18 15:53:07

David1968 are you a man? You'll look lovely in leggings and comfy top?

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 17:00:37

No, I'm a grandma & have always been female! (Didn't realise that chosen user name would be displayed on GN.) Perhaps it's time I changed it.