Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Thu 13-Dec-18 06:21:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry and cold outside in brackley , usual day of going to Buckingham and Bicester on the buses .
Last minute shops etc.
Mick

Blue45Sapphire Thu 13-Dec-18 06:32:43

Good morning to everyone on a cold and frosty morning in Northampton. I have had both cats cuddled up on the duvet all night!

Nice Christmas lunch yesterday and a beautiful carol concert last night. It's good to see DD singing in a choir again.

Sainsbury's delivery first thing then off to Rushden Lakes for a day out, mooch around the shops and lunch out.

Hope the day is good for all.

kittylester Thu 13-Dec-18 06:35:38

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's very cold in North Leicestershire but it is dry. Christmas lunch with 2 friends at the restaurant in the village after the cleaners have been. A good day in prospect.

Thinking of everyone with struggles today.

kittylester Thu 13-Dec-18 06:36:42

Morning blue!

ninathenana Thu 13-Dec-18 06:46:39

Morning all.

Too dark to see what the weather is like in Kent.
GP appointment this morning, he wasn't happy with my latest blood test results. May change my meds.
Later I'm helping my cousin who is moving today.
Have a good day everyone.

travelsafar Thu 13-Dec-18 06:54:31

Morning all. Feels very cold this morning and looking at the cars outside I think it may be frosty. Off to have a blood test a bit later. Out this evening to our Christmas whist session, eats and drinks, plus a lovely raffle with beautiful prizes.
What ever you are doing today I hope it goes well and those in pain or distress find some peace somewhere or somehow today.

Marydoll Thu 13-Dec-18 06:57:08

Good morning all from a chilly Edinburgh.
Recovering from a busy meet up yesterday and then I managed a bit of retail therapy before meeting up with DH at the hotel.
Later we had dinner,( actually only DH, I was full up after the lunch), then we had a wander around the Christmas market.
What a lovely bunch of people the Edinburgh grans are. It was a pity some of the regulars were unwell.
We have decided to have lunch in Glasgow on the way home, a pleasant end to our to our trip.
Nina, I hope your GP manages to sort out your meds.
Have a great day all.

Anrol Thu 13-Dec-18 07:02:53

Good morning. Cold and frosty in Shepperton. Taken H to train station and I’m home in the warm with a cuppa. It was a grand scrape of the car earlier but a clear sky afforded a crystal clear view of all the plane lights overhead coming and going to Heathrow and I also heard an early trilling robin. Magic. A nice day on my own today wrapping H xmas gifts. Have good days all.

Marydoll Thu 13-Dec-18 07:05:35

Good morning, Anrol, I've not noticed you before on the Good morning thread, before, welcome!

Anrol Thu 13-Dec-18 07:14:30

Morning Marydoll. I’m usually a-bed as I have recently retired and am luxuriating in staying in bed until 8 or 9 even! I am a summer person too & just want to hibernate during winter. Summer time will usually find me awake as soon as the sun comes up. H has office party in London today, hence my early start on station duty and it will be a lateish pick up too. I’m sure I will join the Good Morning posters a bit more in the Summer.

Sar53 Thu 13-Dec-18 07:22:05

Good morning everyone from a very cold Essex by the sea. OH came home from hospital last night, it's good to have him home . I'm off into town early to try to find a ferrule for a walking stick picked up in a charity shop. He has to use two sticks for six weeks, better than last year when it was two crutches for six weeks.

Pittcity Thu 13-Dec-18 07:43:09

Good morning from a cold Colchester. No frost here.
Waiting for 3 year old DGS to arrive for the day. We're going to the park and feeding the ducks today, making the most of the dry weather.

NanKate Thu 13-Dec-18 07:44:49

Morning Mick and All.

Beautiful pink and orange sky in a very chilly South Bucks. I too have now seen Venus shining brightly in the sky ⭐️

What fun you have had Marydoll you will need a day or two to recover and put your feet up.

I am on a major wrap up gifts session today. Hope I can find a good play to listen to on the wireless whilst cutting and sticking.

oldgaijin Thu 13-Dec-18 07:47:53

Morning all from a stormy Aberdeenshire... the wind rattled the slates for most of the night and I think the bins might be half way down the street.
Had a delicious, posh birthday lunch yesterday, made even better by one of our number announcing that she has sold her house at last. Much leg pulling that lunch was on her, now that she's rich!
Finished my lamp at ceramics class last night and it looks good.
Hope everyone has a good day, with no mishaps.

NannyJan53 Thu 13-Dec-18 07:48:20

Good Morning from a very icy Black Country

A bit of a lie in this morning as Partner is working from home. so didn't get up until 7.15! Usually up and out by 7am taking him to train station.

Had a lovely meet up lunch with Mum and her two sisters yesterday.

Today I must tackle some ironing, before accompanying Mum to a Doctors appointment at 3pm .

Welcome to Anrol, I retired May last year, and love it! I too prefer the summer, but am up earlyish most mornings.

I hope your H gets on ok Sar53 at least he is home for Christmas.

Brunette10 Thu 13-Dec-18 07:50:18

Morning everyone from a dark Fife, no idea what the weather will be today. Good to catch up yesterday with Edi grans - thank you. DH woke up this morning with tinitus in his ear this morning and it's seems to be very painful. Just as well I'm out all morning getting col/cut done then shopping. Hope everyone is well, have a good day.

Greyduster Thu 13-Dec-18 07:53:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold here, but there is a nice sunrise developing and I think we have a dry day in prospect. Some food shopping today, and then the school run later. Enjoy your day, everyone.

Willow10 Thu 13-Dec-18 07:53:18

Good morning from a cold, frosty East Northants. Lovely lunch yesterday with archery group and the bonus was I got video of great granddaughters nativity! I didn't think the pc brigade would allow it, so I was thrilled - common sense prevails at last.

Maybe some of you remember the Terry Wigan clip of children singing at a nativity - one child dominated with a very loud, flat voice! It was just like that! Lovely but very funny.

Meeting grandaughter for shopping trip today. Hope it's a good one for all.

Gagagran Thu 13-Dec-18 08:11:56

Good Morning everyone! It's cold and breezy but dry and no frost here on the south coast.

Just back from the usual early morning supermarket run. We are early risers anyway and it's much quieter shopping then. Now enjoying a chocolate orange muffin with a liquid orange centre. It's rather nice.

Had a super Christmas bash with my choir, last night, with some excellent "turns" for entertainment after a fabulous buffet. We ended up singing carols (as you might expect at a choir do!). Only problem was getting to sleep afterwards. I just can't turn off my brain afterwards! Hey ho. Maybe 40 winks later? party

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

harrigran Thu 13-Dec-18 08:17:08

Good morning, it is grey and cold but dry.
I have to attend the diabetes prevention course this morning, oh goody ninety minutes of being patronised again.
GD's carol service was delightful and the four school choirs were very good, the acoustics in the cathedral made it atmospheric.

cornergran Thu 13-Dec-18 08:17:22

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry but grey corner of Somerset. Cleaning and sorting this morning, meeting this afternoon then family (fussy bunch) for tea. Best get moving. Pleased your husband is home sar, hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Auntieflo Thu 13-Dec-18 08:26:09

Good morning Mick, Annie to come, and all others.
It's dry, bright and frosty here, with a pink tinge to the sky. (shepherd's warning)?
Off out to a coffee morning a bit later, then a mooch around the shops.
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Thu 13-Dec-18 08:47:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

annsixty Thu 13-Dec-18 08:50:22

Good morning all from Nottingham where it appears to be crisp and dry.GD is still asleep and I am enjoying tea in bed.
I must wake her soon for a late breakfast.
We had a lovely evening , we watched the skating in the market square and there were a few "german type" stalls and then we had a nice meal in an Italian restaurant and wandered back seeing nice decs on the way.
A walk round the city today with maybe some retail therapy thrown in.
I worked here 60 years ago and I just don't recognise much of it at all!!

EllanVannin Thu 13-Dec-18 09:35:00

Good morning All x
A cold wind blowing but it's dry and there was a lovely sunrise too.
Fun and games with delayed/cancelled items on ebay so I've been organising that this morning.
Bloomin' lights on the tree have died so it's looking darker in that corner.
Of course----------it's the 13th isn't it ? Might have known.

Hope all is well with everyone.