Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-Dec-18 06:19:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but frosty on the ground here in brackley this morning .
Usual shop, also Xmas dinner today where I live .
Mick

EllanVannin Fri 14-Dec-18 08:11:52

Good morning All x
Beautiful winter sky here over the Mersey. Rather cold but not frosty by the looks of things.

Mick and those who are eating out enjoy your fare. Take care those who are shopping and stay warm. Wrap up ( in the nicest possible way ) smile

Another parcel waiting day for me and some tidying up. At some point a couple of books of stamps from the post office for the deluge of cards I'll be posting at the weekend. Glad this is only once a year !

Hope all is well with everyone.

NannyJan53 Fri 14-Dec-18 08:21:26

Good Morning from a very icy Black Country.

I am off for a Christmas meal with friends today in Birmingham. So train, then someone is giving me a lift from the station.

Sorry to hear about your friends Bellas it is no age at all.

Enjoy your Christmas meal Mick it is all food this time of year!

Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Fri 14-Dec-18 08:21:43

Good morning all from a frosty Glasgow.
I 'm late this morning after very sleepless night, due to the pain in my hands. I probably had too much therapy in Edinburgh. tchsmile

We are off to DGD's nursery Christmas sing along this morning, some supermarket shopping, as we are expecting snow tomorrow and tracking down missing parcels which were delivered to a parcel shop, despite all our neighbours being at home. angry.
Bellasnana, a sad day for you. ?
Enjoy your lunch Mick and those feeling poorly, look after yourselves. flowers

Anniebach Fri 14-Dec-18 08:27:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I am seeing the counsellor this morning , rather fearful

Hope everyone has a good day x

Auntieflo Fri 14-Dec-18 08:28:46

Good morning Mick, Annie to come and all early bird GN's.
I evidently had a restless night, according to DH, I don't remember. He worried me yesterday, as he had awful pains in his legs and buttocks, (and he hasn't got much of those). So we didn't get our coffee and mooch around the shops.
A couple of our on line orders were delivered a day early, so it was good that we were in. No phone calls to alert us.
Sorry to hear about your friend Bellasnana
Take care everyone in this cold and icy weather, and have a good day one and all.

aggie Fri 14-Dec-18 09:24:17

Dry , cold , not too dull , still in PJs

NfkDumpling Fri 14-Dec-18 09:33:56

Morning All

Overcast and chilly here in the north of Norfolk. I actually had a full nights sleep last night after a few weeks of disturbed nights for no reason at all. I feel a lot more chipper!

There’s a long line of excited little ones traipsing past the house at the moment on their way from the infant school to the middle school. There must be a combined carol service there.

Good luck Annie. The councillor is there to help but it may be hard going to start with. Gentle (((((hugs)))).

Rosina Fri 14-Dec-18 10:37:20

Oh dear! I have seriously overslept today as OH went out early to catch a train and I decided to have another five minutes that somehow turned into two hours.
Sorry to hear about your friend, Bellasnana - 62 is not much of an age for life to end these days.
I hope everyone has a positive day in spite of some of the trials that have to be faced.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 14-Dec-18 10:43:30

Morning all from sun and blue skies in my part of Scotland. Planting hyacinths as visiting gifts. “anniebach”. I saw a counsellor for a series of ten meetings. The first two were difficult (an excruciatingly difficult topic) and it would have been easy to give up but my doctor encouraged me to persevere and rightly so. I was initially nervous before the sessions but once I felt we were getting somewhere that changed. I was always tired after each session. She was very businesslike about tackling the issue where I think I expected sympathy but she was coming from a place of giving me techniques to help myself. The real value of the counselling came when I really worked on the techniques she showed me so I continued to improve long after the course ended. Hope that makes sense and helps. Obviously we are different people so it may be different for you. In summary, it was hugely worthwhile. Hope you get on ok. Have good day all.

Marilla Fri 14-Dec-18 11:02:09

Anniebach, I hope over time you feel some benefit from counselling. Very good advice from Feelingmyage55.

Mapleleaf Fri 14-Dec-18 11:23:08

I agree wholeheartedly with Feelingmyage55, Annie.
I know it's easy to say don't worry, and you are bound to feel anxious, but do try to persevere with the sessions. ?

David1968 Fri 14-Dec-18 11:46:57

Good morning GNs, from a very bright and sunny day in Morecambe Bay, Lancashire. Washing is out on the rotary dryer, twirling gently in a breeze. Wishing you all a happy Friday.

glammagran Fri 14-Dec-18 12:22:37

Might your DH have sciatica auntieflo?
Hope everyone experiencing difficulties has a good day.
Yesterday went to Westminster for daughter’s Masters graduation ceremony. She got a distinction which was some achievement with pregnancy and internship. Took 4 hours to get there what with accidents/nappy explosions/feeding. Poor partner had to take care of screaming 3 month old as children weren’t allowed in. Lovely to be there though.

oldgaijin Fri 14-Dec-18 12:57:51

Bairns, not barons...bloody predictive text makes me sound very grand!

mabon1 Fri 14-Dec-18 14:01:08

It's a beautiful morning here in Conwy, frosty, blue sky and sunshine. It was a bit cold on the beach when walking my dog but it's the middle of December.