Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-Dec-18 06:19:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but frosty on the ground here in brackley this morning .
Usual shop, also Xmas dinner today where I live .
Mick

Bellasnana Fri 14-Dec-18 06:51:34

Good morning, Mick. Enjoy your Christmas dinner.

Weather in Malta today is sunny although the weather forecast predicted rain and stormy weather.

I’m starting the day on a sad note as I am just off to the funeral of a dear friend who used to work for my husband and I when we had our restaurant. She was only diagnosed 8 months ago with a brain tumour, aged 62. ?

Hope everyone has a good day.sunshine

Beechnut Fri 14-Dec-18 06:55:22

Good morning all. Frosty and dark here. Going shopping earlier today, then some house stuff etc. Hope you all have a more exciting day ?

dragonfly46 Fri 14-Dec-18 07:03:48

Good Morning. Still dark in Leicestershire.

Waitrose this morning and hopefully getting our bed fixed this afternoon.

Really must get some decorations up although away for Christmas.

kittylester Fri 14-Dec-18 07:08:53

Morning all from a perishing cold North Leicestershire!!

I am doing a vast Sainsbury's shop today and also the butchers. I am hoping not to have to go again this year!

Dd3 and family are coming for the weekend as one of her oldest friends is getting married tomorrow which means we get the priveledge of having the girls to ourselves tomorrow.

Blue45Sapphire Fri 14-Dec-18 07:09:15

Good morning all, looking cold and frosty in Northampton this morning.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Bellasnana, how sad. No age.

Day out at Rushden Lakes yesterday, but sorry to hear that the lovely cafe/champagne bar in House of Fraser is closing this weekend. I always go there for lunch. Also the Chanel make-up counter in the same store is closing, but I managed to get a lipstick there yesterday. Shall have to go to Milton Keynes now for Chanel; their lipsticks are the only expensive make-up I buy. Wandered round M&S with vouchers to spend, but failed to find anything.

M&S cafe this morning for coffee, and pick up a few things. DGDs this afternoon after school for tea - roast chicken for them tonight!

Hope the day goes well for all.

Brunette10 Fri 14-Dec-18 07:09:56

Good morning all and to those who follow. Dark here in Fife and bit frosty, not as cold as yesterday though. Feeling yuk, have a horrible cold and sore throat, not had a good night. No matter will have to trudge on, shopping, cleaning to do, that will make me feel better tchgrin. Hope Friday is good for everyone, for those feeling under the weather, chin up!

DoraMarr Fri 14-Dec-18 07:10:05

Good morning from Birmingham. It’s dark, but doesn’t look frosty from my apartment window. I’m having my morning tea in peace before my daughter drops my grandson off for the day- he’s staying the night too. We’re going to a little children’s concert this morning, on the bus.
Have a good day everyone- enjoy your Christmas dinner, Micheal.

Gagagran Fri 14-Dec-18 07:12:29

Good Morning early birds!

We covered the car last night as frost was forecast overnight, here on the south coast. First time so far this winter.

I am off to the WI Christmas meeting this morning and also need to ring the dentist as a bit of tooth fell off the tooth with a temporary crown, after tea. She said to go back if I had any problems before the next appointment on 3 January. Could have done without this!

Hope the day is a good one for us all and that your Christmas dinner is delicious Mick! party

GrannyGravy13 Fri 14-Dec-18 07:20:09

Good morning all x

Good morning Annieb xx

Dark and frosty in SE Essex, woken up GS at 6.45 this morning, I am taking him to his pre-school Christmas party later at a local soft play centre.

Sorry to hear of your friend bellsnana, hope it goes as well as funerals can.

Hope your OH is progressing Sar53 and your DGD is on the mend.

Wishing all gransnettrrs who are feeling poorly start feeling better x

Wishing you all a peaceful day ??

GrannyGravy13 Fri 14-Dec-18 07:21:07

Sorry Mick enjoy your Christmas dinner ??

oldgoat Fri 14-Dec-18 07:27:54

Morning all from chilly Yorkshire.

Brunette 10. Look in your inbox!

ninathenana Fri 14-Dec-18 07:31:26

Morning everyone.

It's dry and no wind in Kent, just light enough to see a cloudy sky.
Usual Friday food shop this morning with a stop for coffee.
Bellasnana condolences on the loss of your friend. I hope the day goes smoothly.

Anrol Fri 14-Dec-18 07:32:19

Good morning all from a very frosty Shepperton.
Bellasnana, thinking of you ? & anyone else whos day will be tinged with sadness.
Up early again as H has an AM survey to do.
Going to garden centre this morning, before the hoards, to buy a gift for my lovely ex-boss and her family.
I had a very late night, so I think a long doze this afternoon is in order. Have good days.

cornergran Fri 14-Dec-18 07:45:25

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark and cold corner of Somerset. Food shop and installing a few external Christmas lights for us today. Family staying overnight. Wishing you well bellasnana, feel for you gaga, my troublesome tooth is going tomorrow so a bit anxious, enjoy lunch mick. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Willow10 Fri 14-Dec-18 07:53:03

Good morning from a cold and frosty East Northants. Successful shopping trip yesterday, with grandaughter buying the Christmas outfits she wanted for her and the two greatgrandchildren. Today I'll be changing the bed, washing, general housework and cleaning the inside of car. (How can one tiny child make so much mess?confused

oldgaijin Fri 14-Dec-18 08:01:19

Greetings all from a Baltic Aberdeenshire! Getting a haircut this morning before Aldi food shop then home to start packing stuff to go South next week. Looking forward to being with the barons at Xmas. Hope all have a good day.

Sar53 Fri 14-Dec-18 08:03:25

Good morning everyone from Essex by the sea. Still in bed so not sure what the weather is like but it feels cold. A visit to Waitrose this morning, OH will come with me and sit in the cafe whilst I do the shopping.
Grannygravy13 , he's doing ok and DGD seemed better yesterday.
Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 14-Dec-18 08:04:07

Good morning all from a chilly and grey South Yorkshire.
It was frosty last night, but has melted away now.
Enjoy your Christmas lunch mick.
DH and I are going on a steam train tomorrow for Christmas lunch. Really looking forward to it.
Sorry to hear about your friend bellasnana.
Opticians this morning, then must clean upstairs when I get back.
Hope everyone has as good a day as possible. tchsmile

Greyduster Fri 14-Dec-18 08:04:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is proper nitherin’ in South Yorkshire, with a frost on the ground. We have a friend coming to lunch so we won’t be going very far today - it will be an afternoon for catching up. Enjoy your Christmas lunch, Mick! Have a good day, all.

Mapleleaf Fri 14-Dec-18 08:04:33

tchsmile

Pittcity Fri 14-Dec-18 08:04:46

Good morning from a cold and overcast Colchester. No frost here.
DGS here again and he's already got the games out.

Mapleleaf Fri 14-Dec-18 08:05:51

I'll try once more with the smile - tchsmile - not properly awake yet!

NanKate Fri 14-Dec-18 08:09:26

Morning Mick and All.

Blue sky taking over from the clouds in chilly South Bucks.

Enjoy the Brussels sprouts Mick. I only eat them at Xmas.

Have fun with your girls today Kitty.

Feel very decadent just watched another episode of the Crown, it’s brilliant.

harrigran Fri 14-Dec-18 08:11:19

Good morning, it is still quite dark here as it is overcast.
Man coming, to maitain CCTV and burglar alarm, anywhere between 8 and 1pm.
Hope to wrap up birthday gifts and GC's Christmas gifts as eldest GD is finished school at noon today.