Gransnet forums

Chat

PJs, Nightie, Onesie.

(102 Posts)
NanKate Fri 14-Dec-18 20:03:17

What do you wear ?

When do you get into them at night and when do you get dressed in the morning?

I am up with the lark, make my tea go back to bed for some IPad time, then get dressed.

In the winter I’m often in my PJs at about 5.00 pm ? before I start preparing the supper, how decadent is that ?

Marydoll Fri 14-Dec-18 20:08:07

? I'm shocked Nankate!!!!! grin

PJs and dressed no later than 9am. Usually up by 7.30am and then waste spend time on PC reading GN and emails.

There is always someone coming to my door, so I like to be decent. blush

NanKate Fri 14-Dec-18 20:10:53

I suspect Marydoll that I will shock a few Gransnetters. ?
The wonderful thing is that at my ripe old age of 72 I don’t give a fig ?

Marydoll Fri 14-Dec-18 20:12:08

I envy you! envy

NanKate Fri 14-Dec-18 20:14:58

Wait till you get to my age Mary you will be running around Glasgow in your tartan PJs and what a pretty sight that will be. ?

Marmight Fri 14-Dec-18 20:20:38

Nothing. Naked as the day I was born
although I do have a pair of nifty tartan PJs which I sling on if I have guests or have to answer the door. Occasionally I'll put them on after an early bath if I'm going back downstairs, but they come off for sleeping. I have to get dressed before I go down for breakfast otherwise events overtake me and the next I know it's nearly lunch time ?.

BlueBelle Fri 14-Dec-18 20:23:44

When I read ‘onesie’ in the title I thought it was one of them there threads
Up at 7 straight in the shower and dressed, pyjamas at bedtime usually 10-11 no hanging around in me nite attire for me

Jalima1108 Fri 14-Dec-18 20:26:36

Glad to see that the OP is a well-known poster - I thought this would be another 'onesie' thread tchwink

Never a onesie NanKate!
I may occasionally come down for breakfast in my jimjams then go for a shower afterwards, especially if I'm going out - because otherwise I tend to spill yogurt, egg yolk etc down my nice clean clothes.

Buffybee Fri 14-Dec-18 20:31:26

Pj's and dressing gown go on after Dinner, before I settle down for tv.
In the morning pjs and dressing gown, whilst feed cat and dog, then online a bit, tootle round, emptying dishwasher etc.
If I'm not going out early, I'm probably in pj's till about 10/11ish.
The only people who would turn up unannounced at that time would be family, so that wouldn't bother me.

lovingit Fri 14-Dec-18 20:54:49

I'm home from the stables at 5 so unless |I'm expecting someone I have my bath and in pjs by 6.
Off for bed(can't sleep in them),up at 6ish to let the dog out(dressing gown) and back to bed with tea,kindle and radio.

Up and dressed when I feel like it;good book,interesting radio programme,snooze can take it to 10ish...

I love retirement.

Grannyben Fri 14-Dec-18 20:55:05

I'm hanging my head in shame! As soon as I get in I put my pjs on, anywhere from 3pm onwards. I get dressed about an hour before I go out. Just enough time for a shower and getting ready. Now the worst bit ? if I'm not going out I will stay in my pjs until I've done my housework and then pop in the shower before putting my clean ones on. I Couldn't care less if anyone comes to the door.

NanKate Fri 14-Dec-18 20:55:54

Bluebelle ‘one of them there threads’. I didn’t know there had been a thread on a ONESIE ? Clearly I wasn’t concentrating when that was centre stage. I couldn’t wear one of those garments as I would have to keep taking them off to go to the loo - I know too much information.

NanKate Fri 14-Dec-18 20:57:54

Grannyben a woman after my own heart. We must stick together we will definitely be in the minority.

oldbatty Fri 14-Dec-18 20:58:22

Don't you find bits of the onesie need refreshing?

Gonegirl Fri 14-Dec-18 21:02:03

They are washable! (Not that I wear one. Old fashioned M and S nightie for me. Preferably chin to toes)

dragonfly46 Fri 14-Dec-18 21:03:46

Get up at 7 and take a cup of tea back to bed. Always dressed by 9.

In the afternoon when I get in I put joggers on or if feeling fragile my pj’s and onesie.

Bathsheba Fri 14-Dec-18 21:04:42

I couldn’t wear one of those garments as I would have to keep taking them off to go to the loo Precisely why I don't wear them NanKate! I have, instead, a couple of pairs of what I call my "twosies" grin - cosy fleece PJs. Couldn't possibly wear them in bed, or indeed any kind of pyjamas.
I've bought pyjamas a number of times, thinking they'd be just the thing on a cold night, but it's no good, I simply cannot bear the feel of sleeves or trouser legs in bed! So it's a short sleeved cotton jersey nightie for me, no matter how cold it is. And a cosy hot water bottle wink
I always get dressed as soon as I'm up in the morning, and I'm in my 'twosies' after a shower in the evening. The only other time I lounge around in them is if I'm feeling unwell.

MissAdventure Fri 14-Dec-18 21:05:33

I wear a nightie.
I don't like things around my bum as I like to feel the breeze on it during the night..

shysal Fri 14-Dec-18 21:06:31

Because I am a hot body I sleep in a Sloggi soft bra top and pants, changing only when going to bed at around 11pm. I can't sleep in the nude in case the house catches fire! In the morning I put on my leopard print dressing gown when I get up at 5am to feed the cats, then have a bath and dress for the day.

tanith Fri 14-Dec-18 21:07:52

I don’t get into pjs till 9ish but I take them off to sleep can’t sleep in them. In the morning pjs to make my cuppa then tv news and iPad in bed with my tea then straight in the shower and dressed by 8 usually.

MissAdventure Fri 14-Dec-18 21:09:13

I don't get dressed as soon as I get up, but then I only change into my bed 'attire' at bed time, which is usually very late.

BlueBelle Fri 14-Dec-18 21:09:16

You d certainly feel a breeze in my old Victorian house without central heating MissA

MissAdventure Fri 14-Dec-18 21:11:56

Oh that sounds like bliss, bluebelle. smile

Gonegirl Fri 14-Dec-18 21:15:28

MissAdventure you might be my long lost twin.

SueDonim Fri 14-Dec-18 21:23:12

I get undressed last thing at night and get dressed first thing in the morning. In between, I wear nothing but a smile.