Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-Dec-18 06:21:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its cold and windy outside , forecast was supposed to be sleet/snow today as well.
Hopefully my usual day out with a change, Buckingham has Xmas carnival on , so will head towards Oxford hopefully see how weather performs later.
Mick

Bellasnana Sat 15-Dec-18 06:30:20

Good morning Mick and everyone.
Weather in Malta is looking good at present. Where is this storm we were promised?

Thank you all for your kind words yesterday. It was very sad, especially for her elderly mum.

Meeting my DD3 for lunch today, but still need to pack as I leave tomorrow. Eek! Talk about leaving it for the last minute!

Hope you all have a good day.☀️

Beechnut Sat 15-Dec-18 06:34:52

Good morning all.
Dark with rain spots on the window.
Off out today to do a few errands and get things I forgot yesterday. Pottering this afternoon.
Put some lights outside on the shrubs yesterday.

Shirleyw Sat 15-Dec-18 06:36:38

Morning to you..yes, a dry and chilly start here in Bedfordshire....a little bit of shopping in M&S later, I usually go at 8, get a decent parking space and not so busy lol.....lunch out and making mince pies ....that's more or less my day ...chill out day ?⛄️??

Gagagran Sat 15-Dec-18 07:01:48

Morning early birds! The forecast is for early sleet here on the south coast with strong winds and heavy rain to follow. Oh joy!

Well I had a successful day yesterday in getting at dental appointment for 12.30 for my broken tooth, which enabled me to go to the WI Christmas meeting first.

It turned out to be a 5 minutes in the chair appointment as she filled the gap with a temporary filling. I already have an appointment for 3 January to have the new crown fitted so all was well.

I am thinking of you corner as you go today for your extraction. Hope it goes well and you are not too sore. Be kind to yourself!

Have a good day folks and keep cosy!

cornergran Sat 15-Dec-18 07:10:43

Morning Mick, morning All from a wet and windy corner of Somerset. Thank you for the kind words gaga, little sleep but its currently remarkably calm here, that’s worrying in itself hmm. Pleased your dental appointment was so simple. Plan nothing other than feet up this weekend and some catch up tv. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 15-Dec-18 07:18:18

Good morning GN’s. The weekend is round again - mind you, it doesn’t have the same feel about it now I’m retired ha!
Very dark here in South Manchester, cold out & I can hear the wind.
We are driving over to see friends in Bradford for a pub lunch at 2pm but I saw last night there’s an ‘amber’ weather warning across the Midlands. Please would any of you in that area let me know if you have snow or ice?

kittylester Sat 15-Dec-18 07:19:49

Morning all from a very cold North Leicestershire.

DD2 and co here for the weekend so a lively time in store. I was going to take the girls to hand deliver some Christmas cards but the forecast is so awful I think we'll stay home and watch a film.

Good luck this morning corner and enjoy your rest afterwards.

Marydoll Sat 15-Dec-18 07:29:47

Good morning all from a very chilly Glasgow. It must have been cold, as the heating came on during the night.
I know as I my hands were so painful, I hardly slept.

Off out early, as we have snow forecast, starting at 8am. Our street becomes impassible when it snows and my car is acting up, so want to out and back ASAP.

Mick, enjoy your day out and best wishes to all feeling poorly.
Kitty, may I borrow your DGDs, my daughter used to hand deliver cards for me, but she says 50p isn't enough any more. grin

NfkDumpling Sat 15-Dec-18 07:31:07

Morning All

Here in Norfolk its dark, still and there must be high cloud still as there’s no stars. No meteorite showers visible here.

Nothing planned for today except for present wrapping and ironing. I can’t go far - I’ve eaten too much of the French apple flan left over from our lunch with friends ...... I’ll not say more!

I hope all went well yesterday Annie.

Greyduster Sat 15-Dec-18 07:36:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Our heating kicked in early this morning without any help from me, so I suppose that just about set the tone for the day in South Yorkshire. Snow is forecast for later. GS is coming today for an overnight, but this morning he is running in a cross country and we may bring him over straight after that to try and beat the weather. How we get him back tomorrow will be another matter! Corner I am thinking about you. I think my gnashes are coming out in sympathy!

mokryna Sat 15-Dec-18 07:38:26

Morning all from a very cold Versailles but the sun is just coming up in a cloudless sky. Off to market to order the chapon.

NanKate Sat 15-Dec-18 07:46:16

Morning Mick and All.

Rain due for most of day here in South Bucks. Must get moving soon as I try to get a short walk in each morning before I start on the days events. I may have to wear my waterproof trews, they cost me £10 and are worth every penny.

Wrapping, wrapping, wrapping is on the agenda today.

Hope the snow isn’t too heavy in your area Mary. Enjoy the film with the girls Kitty. Mick enjoy the carnival.

Sar53 Sat 15-Dec-18 07:50:47

Good morning everyone from a very cold Essex by the sea. A disturbed night here. Not much planned today, a few errands to run and then an afternoon in the warm.
Stay warm everyone today.

Willow10 Sat 15-Dec-18 07:56:42

Good morning all from a cold, dark East Northants. Yesterday was a housework and car cleaning day, so I'd like to get out for a bit of food shopping today - otherwise I go cabin crazy! I think it is going to be very cold though, so I'll try to get out early and back to the warm. Take care everyone and keep warm if possible!

dragonfly46 Sat 15-Dec-18 07:58:01

Morning. Coffee with friends this morning and then some kind friends are taking me to lunch.

Grammaretto Sat 15-Dec-18 08:02:48

Good morning from a normal dark December day. The calm before the storm? We were promised icy rain and black ice in the Scottish Borders so maybe a day to stay home.
Have a good day everyone wherever you are.

travelsafar Sat 15-Dec-18 08:03:54

Off to meet my sister this morning for coffee and some shopping.We may pop into the local church as they have a xmas tree festival this weekend. If we go will offer up a pray for my little brother. We are going to a carol service tomorrow evening which may bring a tear or two. It looks cold outside but at least it is dry at the moment. Have a great day what ever you are doing everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 15-Dec-18 08:14:59

Good morning all x

Cold and bleak in SE Essex.

Very stressful night, GS came into me at about 12.30am with headache and high temperature, so very restless managed to get him off to a proper sleep about 4.30am (arms wrapped round my neck). He has just woken up I am exhausted ?

His Mum is back late tomorrow and he will FaceTime her later which will cheer him up.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

Blue45Sapphire Sat 15-Dec-18 08:15:11

Good morning everyone. Still dark here in Northampton, but snow is on the forecast.

Younger DGD being dropped off this morning as dad is working, elder DGD performing in panto and mum is chaperoning at same panto. Planning to make some chocolate gingerbread biscuits with her, not made them before so a bit of an experiment! Luckily she loves baking. May then find a Christmas film to watch.

Had a lovely card and order of service yesterday from late DH's cousins. They had been to a service to remember those loved ones who had died , and had put DH's name on the list to be read out. I was most touched by their kind thought and got quite emotional reading through the order of service; some of the readings were so beautiful, and gave me a lot of comfort.

Must get a move on, and get ready for DGD! Hope it's good day for all.

Pittcity Sat 15-Dec-18 08:28:49

Good morning from a grey, cold Colchester.
I have no plans except to clean and tidy after having a 3 year old here this week. He's not back again until Thursday.
Everyone else is out tonight so I can watch the Strictly final in peace.

Alygran Sat 15-Dec-18 08:39:48

Good morning form cold and grey North Yorkshire. Church Christmas coffee morning today then I shall attempt the decorations. Out this evening for the local male voice choir Christmas concert. Tickets booked before I realised it is the Strictly final! Catch up and a late night for me!
Hope the day is kind to you all.

Anniebach Sat 15-Dec-18 08:48:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

aggie Sat 15-Dec-18 08:54:05

Good Morning all , cold wet and blowing a hooly here , still hunkering under the duvet

oldgaijin Sat 15-Dec-18 08:57:01

Greetings all from a grey and windy Aberdeenshire...there's an amber weather warning.
Had a barney with Debenhams yesterday...they have cocked up two deliveries of an order placed on 30th Nov. For a biker jacket for my granddaughter's birthday, which was yesterday. Told them to to give me a refund and I ordered the same from Amazon which should arrive today. Result = 1 satisfied Grannie, 1 disappointed wee girl, 1 less customer for Debenhams.
Have a good day all and keep safe.