Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Mon 17-Dec-18 06:17:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, cold but no wind at present here in Brackley.
Usual day for me, housework etc.
Mick

NanKate Mon 17-Dec-18 06:32:59

Good Morning Mick and All.

Just checked the weather and seen that we will have a lovely sunny but cold morning in South Bucks.

It is the last Keep Fit class of the year then home to get changed before we all have a Christmas Lunch plus a quiz which I have got free from the Internet, then home for a little snooze ?

Have a good week folk.

Blue45Sapphire Mon 17-Dec-18 06:43:26

Good morning all. Too dark to see what the weather's like yet in Northampton, but I think it's dry.

Last yoga of the year this morning, then a coffee together afterwards.

Presents all wrapped yesterday; luckily the cats slept through it all!

Hope it's a good day for everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 17-Dec-18 06:59:30

Good Morning Mick NanKate and Blue45Sapphire and all to follow.

Too dark to see what the weather is like, but not too cold as heating isn't on.

Finally put up the Decorations yesterday, my final present delivered too. So all I have to do now is wrap all my presents.

Going for a Canal walk with my U3A group today, we are stopping along the way for lunch, so looking forward to that.

Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Mon 17-Dec-18 07:01:37

Good morning Mick, Kate , Blue Sappire, all who follow from a balmy Glasgow, it's 3 degrees!

After another painful night, I was forced up early to get painkillers, so may as well stay up!

Depending on how I feel, I may go into town to have a look around the Christmas market.
My wee granddaughter has her first appointment at the hospital asthma clinic this morning and I'm hoping she will get some respite from the hacking cough she has had for months.
I would suffer it myself, rather than see her struggling.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Marydoll Mon 17-Dec-18 07:01:59

Morning, NannyJan!

Brunette10 Mon 17-Dec-18 07:09:04

Morning everyone and to those who follow. It's dark here in Fife just now but very damp and cold. What a night, DH not been too great through the night with cold, sore throat and a nagging pain in his hip so needless to say I didn't either. Got Christmas lunch today with DD a tradition we both look forward to. Marydoll shame to hear you have been in so much pain, I hope it settles. I hope your wee DGD gets on fine today at clinic - keep fingers crossed. Festive wishes to all. tchsmile

Willow10 Mon 17-Dec-18 07:10:31

Good morning all. Lots of rain last night, dry this morning with a dark, starry sky and very bright Venus. Busy week ahead starting with dentist check up this morning, stocking up on cat food and looking for a Christmas tablecloth for youngest son. He's doing the honours this year (although I'm supplying most of the necessities!) Constant phone calls asking 'have you got?' Not that I would have it any other way. Hope it's a good Monday for everyone!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-Dec-18 07:10:52

Good morning Mick and all x

Early start for me as we still have GS, AC flight cancelled last night, still trying to get an answer from airline as to when they are flying home!!!

Hopefully get to the gym.

Wishing you all a peaceful Monday ????

Gagagran Mon 17-Dec-18 07:21:37

Good Morning all!

I think we are promised a lovely sunny day here on the south coast but it will be chilly.

I got all the present wrapping done yesterday, apart from one which has yet to arrive in the post. Feels good to have it done and ready.

I have a bit of shopping to do this morning and DH has already got the laundry started - his cycling gear is in. I also want to plan what I will need from the supermarket shop on Thursday then I can just relax and enjoy the run up to Christmas.

Hope your little DGD gets some help at the asthma clinic Mary. We have asthma in our family and it's so distressing to see children suffering.

Hope we all have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 17-Dec-18 07:26:19

Thanks Gagagran. I'm a chronic asthmatic, as are my three children, which makes it so upsetting, as I feel I'm reliving all the asthma attacks again
However, medicine has moved on from those days.

ninathenana Mon 17-Dec-18 07:27:06

Morning eeveryone.

Sun is almost over the horizon just an orange glow at the moment and Venus is still visible.
It's dry at the moment but not sure of forecast.
I'm very disorganised this year, tree went up yesterday cards will be posted today but I'm yet to buy the turkey. Today will be spent making room in the freezer.

DoraMarr Mon 17-Dec-18 07:29:30

Good morning from Birmingham, where I can see a beautiful dawn breaking. I can’t see any frost, and it feels quite mild. I had a nice time yesterday with my extended family in a restaurant in Northamptonshire, chosen to be a good distance for everyone to travel to from various parts. I have a JL order to pick up today, and then will go to a concert at the Town Hall, and then some Christmas shopping.
Have a good day Anniebach, Micheal and all!

EllanVannin Mon 17-Dec-18 07:44:38

Good morning All x

Dark, coldish but appears to be dry so far.

I can't seem to get for going this morning and my brain is working overtime trying to contain the information that I've stored. I must write some of it down before I forget it altogether.

Hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy your day today.

Sar53 Mon 17-Dec-18 07:53:27

Good morning everyone from a dry Essex by the sea, still dark outside at the moment. Having my blood pressure checked at the doctors this morning then will take OH for coffee to get him out of the house for a bit. He's on two sticks so can't do much for himself and very slow but considering it's a week today since his op he's doing really well.

Grammaretto Mon 17-Dec-18 07:58:03

Good morning everyone from the Scottish Borders. Just getting lighter here. I hope your DGD gets shot of her cough Marydoll asthma is a truly horrible condition.
I'll be driving DFiL to a clinic in the city centre this afternoon through the rush hour traffic. At least he has a blue badge.

cornergran Mon 17-Dec-18 07:58:12

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, dry and chilly corner of Somerset. Restless night, plan to venture out to the local shops for coffee this morning then a little faffing this afternoon, nothing too taxing. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

oldgaijin Mon 17-Dec-18 08:13:21

Morning all from Aberdeenshire.
Looks a decent day as there's a bonny sunrise.
Deirdre has done her worst and there is a huge chunk of my roof and slates lying in the garden...Shall have to stay in today as Phil the roof man is coming to assess the damage. That's all I need!
Have a good day all.

Greyduster Mon 17-Dec-18 08:22:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A clear cold day in South Yorkshire. Nothing much planned today except a general tidy up after all the decorating and wrapping. Marydoll I hope there is effective treatment on offer for your little GD. Things are so much better than when I suffered with it as a child, but it is still an awful condition. ??.

Pittcity Mon 17-Dec-18 08:33:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Milder than of late too.
Will walk into town with DH to look at the sales and get a few bits. Otherwise a quiet day.

dragonfly46 Mon 17-Dec-18 08:35:06

Good morning all. Lovely day in Leicestershire.

Popping into town today to buy mum a warmer duvet. I thought the one she had on her bed was very thin and she feels the cold.

TerriBull Mon 17-Dec-18 08:41:18

Good morning from a red streaked sky of the south east, it looks to be a clear day, and hopefully quite mild.

My son, stayed the night with us and has taken the day off work today so he can take me to lunch for a belated birthday celebration from last week when we were away.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.

harrigran Mon 17-Dec-18 08:53:12

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Parcel delivery today and then maybe some shopping, we have har some interesting things out of the freezer the last few days.
Need to use today wisely as the rest of the week is spoken for.

Anniebach Mon 17-Dec-18 08:56:51

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Started therapy, hope I will soon be able to say ‘ going shopping today ‘

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Mon 17-Dec-18 09:00:35

Good morning,
A lovely clear but cold morning here, as greyduster says. Not sure if it will last or become grey and murky.
It's the last coffee morning until after the New Year today, so I'm going to that then I've got a few chores to do when I get back.
I hope your GD gets the help she needs at the asthma clinic today, marydoll.
To all feeling under the weather today, I hope you soon feel brighter.
tchsmile