Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's comfortable and convivial kitchen.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sun 23-Dec-18 18:08:19

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company....

Thank you for your companionship. Welcome to our new kitchen. flowers and party

farview Sat 19-Jan-19 19:13:40

Popped in again and sad to read of Panaches ongoing,sad, ordeal...is there any possibility of nearby gransnetters helping out..wish I were nearer but am in Lancashire..Panache. take as much care of yourself as possible,both of you...if prayers help then I am saying them x

Marydoll Sat 19-Jan-19 19:55:16

I just wanted to add my best wishes to the Panaches and say how sad I am at their situation.
So much pain and worry in the Kitchen at the moment. ?

Greyduster Sat 19-Jan-19 20:34:49

Gee, thanks Soop; as long as no-one says “Ooh-Er Matron!” MacS will, of course, be the perfect patient, but if DH should give me any trouble, I will simply kick his stick out from under him! I do think, though, that the starched cap and apron might ‘inflame’ some of our patients and raise their temperatures a bit, so maybe we need to rethink that bit! It might look better on N&G than me, and she will be better at all the ?disciplinary stuff!

I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling, Panache, and that is bad luck about the sheltered apartment you had hopes of. Is there no hope of renting a place until an alternative comes up? I can only offer you my warmest thoughts and regards.

I’m signing off, wishing everyone a peaceful night!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 19-Jan-19 21:00:20

Thinking of the dear Panache’s this evening ??

2019 hasn’t had a good start for many kitcheners and their families, we can only hope and pray things will improve.

My silly sacroiliac joint is still not behaving, stretching, ibruprofen gel and white wine are my remedies this evening.

Wishing you all a peaceful night and a happy healthier tomorrow.

Bellanonna Sat 19-Jan-19 21:37:10

Panache, I wondered too whether renting would be a possibility? Though I also worry that you are both not well enough to cope with a stressful move at the moment. I hope you are getting enough support? It all sounds so depressing.

Galen Sat 19-Jan-19 22:37:06

Sorry to add to the gloom, but my transgender offspring has been diagnosed as stage 3c testicular cancer and is refusing all treatment. Many friends have told him/her they must go and see someone if only about palliative care. She says she only wants to die and doesn’t want any doctors interfering.
My next door neighbor has had a stent fitted for her terminal oesophageal cancer, the prognosis is less than a year.
I’m really feeling stressed. I retire at the end of the year and darling daughter has found a place I think might be suitable for me to move to if I can sell this house and get a 2 bedroom apartment to move into.
I’d have to get rid of so much stuff I find the thought really depressing.
I really don’t want to move, but without my next door neighbor I really won’t be able to stay here on my own
I’m so depressed it’s unbelievable.
Sorry to moan so much ,but I’m really down.
Added to which, my back is so bad I can’t stand or walk for than 5 mins.

MawBroon Sat 19-Jan-19 22:43:51

Making or even contemplating far-reaching decisions is well nigh impossible when you are in pain.
I would say don’t rule it out, keep an open mind but don’t let it weigh upon you as it is not imminent. There is no rush.

callgirl1 Sat 19-Jan-19 22:50:02

Panache, I`m so sorry to read that your situation is a lot less rosy than we`ve been believing. I do so hope that someone will get a kick up the you know whats and start the ball rolling, SOON!
GreyD, I hope that your husbands back soon mends. I know from experience how very painful it can be, and sincerely wish him well.
Best wishes too to Mr Baggs, he doesn`t come to the fore very often, so he`s a bit of a mystery!
Soop, I`ll take your word for it that MacS isn`t in pain, but that rash does look rather angry. Thank you for saying hello again to David, it`s beginning to look as if he`s going to be relying on you for a while, as it doesn`t look as if I`ll be getting up there this April, sadly.
Dragonfly, best wishes as well to your poorly spouse.
As usual, my memory is failing me yet again, so greetings and get well wishes to all who are under the weather, I don`t mean to miss anyone out.
Oh yes, lovely photos Kitty, Wolfie`s certainly growing!

callgirl1 Sat 19-Jan-19 22:55:39

Galen you posted whilst I was slowly typing my post out. So sorry to hear that things are so bad for you, I just wish I was able to help.

cornergran Sat 19-Jan-19 22:57:40

I’m so sorry galen. One thing after another. I’d say you are allowed to moan, who wouldn’t with such a lot of sadness to adjust to.

Look after yourself. I hope your back settles soon. Sending love.

Galen Sat 19-Jan-19 23:14:47

Thanks to all. My back has been bad for about 4/12 now and is getting worse.
At this rate I’ll have to make an appointment to see my GP.
I might get one in 6/52 if I’m lucky.

cornergran Sat 19-Jan-19 23:31:07

First step is book that appointment. I find with our surgery I have more chance booking on line than I do by phone. As it’s so bad that you can’t stand I would suggest it’s reasonable to insist on an emergency appointment. The pain will make everything else so much harder to deal with. Please look after yourself and I agree with maw, no rush with decisions so please don’t add pressure.

maddyone Sun 20-Jan-19 00:21:25

Goodness, I haven’t looked in for several days and there are about 200 posts since my last one.

Sorry to read that so many of you are struggling with aches, pains, and illness. I’m just recovering from a nasty little virus myself, but I’ve been well looked after by Mr M.

Soop, that rash of MacS looks angry and itchy, I hope it clears up soon.

Galen, flowers

Those of you with bad backs have my sympathy, I’ve suffered myself before, and it’s just not a lot of fun. Having to sit down every few minutes makes life difficult.

Have a good sleep everyone.

Nannytopsy Sun 20-Jan-19 05:48:46

I have woken early and taken the chance to catch up. My heart goes out to those of you in pain and distress. While it wouldn’t help physically, some bright and sunny weather would certainly help the spirits.
Saw this partridge yesterday - he was very obliging about posing for a photo!

dragonfly46 Sun 20-Jan-19 07:38:06

Galen I am so sorry to hear your news. As Maw says concentrate on one thing at a time. Get your back sorted out, we too find it easier to get an appointment online or ask for an emergency one. We can always get a same day appointment if it is necessary.

How sad that your child is in such a bad place. I cannot offer advice just send hugs to you.

Iam64 Sun 20-Jan-19 07:53:14

So many people experiencing tough times, either with their own health, health of loved ones or life just happening to us. I don't often post in this place but it's good to catch up.
Galen, so sorry to read about your transgender adult child and your increasing back pain. Here's hoping you can get an appointment before too long and that the medics can do something to alleviate it x

Baggs Sun 20-Jan-19 08:24:08

galen flowers and hug.

And the same to other kitcheners whom I have not met who are having to deal with tough stuff flowers

harrigran Sun 20-Jan-19 09:25:06

Thinking of you Galen and all other kitcheners with health problems.

NanaandGrampy Sun 20-Jan-19 10:10:29

Morning all,
Everything is frosty white here this morning and it defeated the power of my little heater in the West Wing so I had to stay indoors and listen to Match of the Day which I hate ! I had to resort to putting my headphones on !!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news Galen , Maw is right , don't rush into anything , although I know how long house sales can take - wait until you feel a little more robust , things might look different then.

Shame that partridge wasn't in a pear tree Nanny Topsy lol

Galen how about an apt with an osteopath while you wait for your GPs apt? I have a miracle worker who deals with all the families bad backs and I'm amazed at how quickly she can get things moving again.

My poorly tooth is still just simmering and thanks to a wonderful GNetter I have some info on walk in emergency dental care so at a push I know where to go.

Sending my best wishes to everyone who is not feeling their best and hope you feel a little better today x

soop Sun 20-Jan-19 10:53:18

Wow! Anytime soon we'll all be moving into our next, new kitchen (with sick bay for poorly menfolk)

soop Sun 20-Jan-19 11:20:10

Galen For the third time since reading your latest post, my wee Kindle has failed to forward my message. I'm now on the computer and the Kindle is floating on the sea - in bits.

I am dreadfully sorry for you and your family. Please know that all of us in the kitchen are here for you. A gentle arm around your shoulder. flowers flowers flowers

Baggs Sun 20-Jan-19 11:22:24

Been shopping. Got MrWorryBags's burgers (and some nice ciabatta rolls cos I'm not going low carb now way no how), heather honey (for the Lemsips), coconut water, protein bars (not much; he's not impressed with Kellogg's). Fussy? Him? Much? ?? Also got some biltong and jerky.

Elderflower cordial has also been a godsend. It's poison for me on account of the citric acid that my guts don't like, but it has really soothed the coughy throat, apparently.

Baggs Sun 20-Jan-19 11:23:19

soop, is there a way you can save what you're writing on the kindle every couple of sentences?

soop Sun 20-Jan-19 11:24:58

Nannytopsy...what a hansome bird. Worthy of a place in the wild life calendar.

maddyone MacSporran's rash, though dramatic in many ways, is not painful. Last night, he enjoyed a full nights sleep without coughing himself to a pulp.

Baggs Sun 20-Jan-19 11:25:43

Sunshine on my way round to the shop. It's all we're getting today, I think.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion