Gransnet forums

Chat

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

(88 Posts)
Nanawind Tue 25-Dec-18 23:19:44

This morning I was upset having only received a card but no present from either DH,DD or DS. I wanted to go in guns blazing about how hurt and disappointed I was. Then I read a thread posted about a little rhyme saying not everyone is my enemy so don't fight them.
I'm so glad I didn't say anything as after lunch we walked around to our sons home and they asked me to get something out of the garage. DD and family were there as well.
All the family followed me outside. I went in the garage and there was a brand new Mini in bright red. I have never had my own car.
They all started to cheer as this was my present from them all. It's also part birthday as well. I'm so happy.

Nonnatimesfour Wed 26-Dec-18 19:20:55

How lovely Nanawind. Enjoy your new red Mini.

lemongrove Wed 26-Dec-18 19:23:05

In that case Seakay you will be pleased to hear that I have
not reported any unpleasant posts directed at me.
Now, perhaps you will heed what Natasha Gransnet has said in her above post.

M0nica Wed 26-Dec-18 19:53:45

What does it matter what the gift was. The love Nanawind's family are showing her by clubbing together to get her something she has obviously dreamed of having and thought it would always be just a dream, the love and care her family is showing her makes her a rich woman, no matter what she has received.

We have done something similar at a lower level for our DGD, There is something she would love to have, but knows it is too expensive for her parents to buy, so we clubbed together as a family to buy it. She won't get it until Thursday when she and her family arrive at our house, but I am already excited about her reaction

Lilyflower Wed 26-Dec-18 20:54:38

Wow! Great present. They must really love you.

dogsmother Thu 27-Dec-18 08:35:34

How wonderful, what a lovely family you have Nana right through to your lovely gc with the furry dice.
I’m certain most of us are quite enviousxx

Anniebach Thu 27-Dec-18 09:19:48

So happy for you

Jalima1108 Thu 27-Dec-18 12:32:33

Have you given it a name yet nanawind?

FarNorth Thu 27-Dec-18 12:50:03

I once knew someone who put her clapped-out banger into a garage for service & MOT.
When she went back for it, she was given the keys to a new (second-hand) car of the same make.
All arranged by her friends & family! I was so happy for her too.

Grannysmith Thu 27-Dec-18 19:55:47

Just had the most wonderful Christmas here in Marrakech. I wanted something completely different as it has been a difficult few years for us. Lost Dad in Jan this year & Mum Jan last year. So DH & DS (who lives in Sweden)
met up here on the 22nd. On Christmas Day we went to a Hammam & then had a massage - wonderful. No stress, no turkey. Back to Blighty on Saturday with great memories

Orelse Fri 28-Dec-18 09:01:35

Lovely present but come on you didn't really think they had forgotten you surely . Enjoy your mini

mummsymags Fri 28-Dec-18 09:43:33

I am so happy for you but SO happy for your family! To be in a position to be able to show their love and appreciation for you with such a luxury gift must have been joyful for them (as well as you, of course). Enjoy it and the freedom it will bring, drive carefully so that they never regret their great present to you. Your family will get as much enjoyment from the memory as you will over the years, believe me.

Emma49 Fri 28-Dec-18 09:58:02

What a terrific gift Nanawind, enjoy.