Gransnet forums

Chat

I have never.....!

(117 Posts)
gillyknits Sat 05-Jan-19 15:31:35

This thread may have been on before but I didn’t see it, so forgive me if repeating it.
I was sitting in the car at the petrol station today while my DH filled the tank. It was then that I thought “I’ve never done that.” It started me thinking about other things I’ve never done. Isingand ‘Self serve tills’ was another.
Anyone else got ordinary daily things that they have never ever done?

watermeadow Sat 05-Jan-19 18:16:38

I hate DIY and I’m useless at it.
Having sold my garden to do up my house I can now pay someone else to do those hated jobs. I shall never again lift a paintbrush or fit a new lock, saw or drill or bang in nails crookedly.
Never been on a motorbike or a roller coaster or skated.

MissAdventure Sat 05-Jan-19 18:20:30

I've never read 'The Davinci Code'.

Washerwoman Sat 05-Jan-19 18:25:57

I have never mowed the lawn.As a keen gardener the realisation of that is shocking !However I do everything else.Cut hedges, prune,plant,plan.lug bags of compost ,clean the patios.
I have never drunk a glass of whisky.Just the smell if it makes my eyes water..

MissAdventure Sat 05-Jan-19 18:33:56

I've never tasted lobster.

shysal Sat 05-Jan-19 18:34:45

I have never smoked, drunk alcohol or eaten a MacDonalds burger.

Lilylilo Sat 05-Jan-19 18:39:09

I've never seen The Sound of Music film, the odd excerpt but never the whole film.

Dontaskme Sat 05-Jan-19 22:29:40

So many "ordinary" things I've never done:
Made pastry
Made cakes
Unblocked a drain
Unblocked a loo
Painted a ceiling
Eaten healthily
Roller skated
Cleaned windows
Washed a car
The list is actually endless

grannysyb Sat 05-Jan-19 22:29:48

Never been to a football or rugby match! Probably never will as sport doesn't interest me.

NotAGran55 Sat 05-Jan-19 23:23:01

I have never owned anything pink or a dog and never will .
Anything pink goes straight to the charity shop and dogs need to be biting/ sniffing / smelling distance away !

52bright Sat 05-Jan-19 23:29:28

I have never ...until now added an emoji to a post. Still learning something everyday smile

Lynne59 Sun 06-Jan-19 00:06:47

I've never:

ridden a bike
ridden a horse
Been in my loft
had my nails done
had a facial
bought a lottery ticket

callgirl1 Sun 06-Jan-19 00:55:40

I have never walked into a pub on my own.
I have never learned how to ride a bike.
I never learned how to swim.

starbird Sun 06-Jan-19 00:59:44

I have never ridden a horse or made a souffle, or gone on an adult roller coaster.

Day6 Sun 06-Jan-19 01:50:20

I have never been waxed, had my nails done, had a pedicure or been fitted for a bra. I may be missing out. grin

BradfordLass72 Sun 06-Jan-19 02:16:17

Looking at all these things people have done and not done has made me feel quite accomplished as I've done pretty much everything you mention, plus more.

I suppose it's in my nature to always try everything and even become quite good at it.

I looked at a Bucket List the other day and there was nothing on there I hadn't already done.

Does this mean I'll die happy? smile

stella1949 Sun 06-Jan-19 04:05:13

Smoked marijuana .
Had a manicure / pedicure done .

Willow10 Sun 06-Jan-19 07:44:43

Living alone for 30 years there are very few things I haven't tackled. From plumbing, electrics, decorating, tiling, gardening, car maintenance, re-roofing the shed etc. But I've never been on skis, been waxed, or met my soulmate.

JackyB Sun 06-Jan-19 08:00:39

I've never opened a bottle of Champagne and to keep up the tradition I now always ask someone else to do it.

NanKate Sun 06-Jan-19 08:12:23

Knitted
Cooked for more than 6 people
Done calligraphy
Climbed a mountain
Played Lacrosse

Maybelle Sun 06-Jan-19 09:06:19

I have never been on a diet

DoraMarr Sun 06-Jan-19 09:09:27

The secret to opening a bottle of champagne is to cover it with a tea towel or napkin while you unscrew the wire, then release the cork. And, of course, close your eyes.
I have never been on a long-haul flight.

kittylester Sun 06-Jan-19 09:10:50

I have always been slightly ashamed of my fear of the loft so I'm really glad that others are the sane. But why?

I've never ridden a horse
Swum the channel
Swum with Dolphins
Skied

And loads of other things!

MrsDoyle Sun 06-Jan-19 09:13:04

Chewbacca, I’m not keen on the chocolate fountain but can recommend a cheese fondue. My mother in law was Swiss so we had them regularly. They’re very sociable. I’ve got a Le Creuset fondue set that still gets an airing, especially in winter.

Purplepoppies Sun 06-Jan-19 09:13:47

I've never been bungy jumping. I did consider it (When it was first a craze) but as the crane was situated in a pub car park I thought better of it! I couldn't do it now...
I've never had a tattoo, although that is on my list. I just have to find an artist who can draw what I want.
I've never owned my own home.
I've never been married. With every year I'm single that seems more unlikely ?.
I'm self reliant. I can undertake most diy tasks. I have laid bricks in the past, but not for a living. I couldn't get to grips with plastering (but managed to get plastered often ??)

BRedhead59 Sun 06-Jan-19 09:15:11

I have never jumped out of a plane, never skied, never run a marathon etc
I have a bucket list but it's realistically daring.