Gransnet forums

Chat

Your wonderful pseudonames

(259 Posts)
grannysue05 Thu 10-Jan-19 11:14:46

About a year ago I opened a thread about the pseudonoms that we choose to put on Gransnet.
The freshly scented Lemongrove
The mysterious Maggiemaybe ... maybe, maybe not!
Baggs I had such an image of you until I saw your lovely picture on another thread.
MawBroon such a name of authority and we certainly respect your words.
Anniebach you must be little, yet you are not!
And I could go on and on but i won't.
There were some lovely answers and now that we have a lot of new members with equally intriguing "nom-de-plumes", I thought I would ask again what made you choose yours ?
Do you escape into a fantasy world (BlueSapphire what magic that conjures up) , or are you practical (like me) and just put your name?
Please share.

MagicWriter2016 Sun 13-Jan-19 21:52:43

I always wanted to, still do, be a writer. Not sure about the magic bit, maybe was thinking how magic it would be if I was!

BradfordLass72 Wed 16-Jan-19 05:01:19

MagicWriter2016 what's stopping you girl? Go to it ! smile

Elegran Wed 16-Jan-19 10:14:08

Writers don't want to be writers- they write, even if what appears on the page is a load of rubbish. Maybe if you keep scribbling, the magic will happen.

Greengage Fri 18-Jan-19 22:29:03

I wanted a name I could remember but still remain anonymous! The word green had an indirect connection to me in more than one way, and I am no spring chicken hence 'age'. By adding the middle 'g' gave me a name I could remember!!

DoraMarr Fri 18-Jan-19 23:18:15

Dora Maar was one of Picasso’s muses- and a mistress. I just misspelled it!

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Sat 19-Jan-19 13:50:49

Mine was chosen because that's exactly how I felt when told first dgc was on the way wink

grannysue05 Sat 19-Jan-19 14:00:43

Oh how I have enjoyed reading all these posts.
Such an insight into why we choose names.
I still wish that I had given more thought to mine when I joined GN.
When asked to find a username, I quickly typed ( as much as arthritic fingers are able), My name -Sue - granny because I am one, plus a memorable date.
Your choices are all lovely for many reasons.
Thank you for sharing.

Esspee Sat 19-Jan-19 14:11:58

I lack imagination. grin