Gransnet forums

Chat

Your wonderful pseudonames

(259 Posts)
grannysue05 Thu 10-Jan-19 11:14:46

About a year ago I opened a thread about the pseudonoms that we choose to put on Gransnet.
The freshly scented Lemongrove
The mysterious Maggiemaybe ... maybe, maybe not!
Baggs I had such an image of you until I saw your lovely picture on another thread.
MawBroon such a name of authority and we certainly respect your words.
Anniebach you must be little, yet you are not!
And I could go on and on but i won't.
There were some lovely answers and now that we have a lot of new members with equally intriguing "nom-de-plumes", I thought I would ask again what made you choose yours ?
Do you escape into a fantasy world (BlueSapphire what magic that conjures up) , or are you practical (like me) and just put your name?
Please share.

yellowcanary Fri 11-Jan-19 18:50:48

Many many years ago I used to ride a motorbike, wearing yellow waterproofs and a yellow helmet with a peak - one day someone said I looked like a yellow canary in them - brings back memories of going out and about on the bike. One time as well went to the local carnival as a canary with my young sister as a witch.

Phoebes Fri 11-Jan-19 19:05:01

My middle name - after my Nana and my Mum and the initial of my first name.

BonnieBlooming Fri 11-Jan-19 19:06:57

A nickname given to me many, many moons ago by a guy from Scotland and connected to my actual first name. If he could see me now!!!!!!!

BradfordLass72 Fri 11-Jan-19 19:11:08

GabriellaG54 - actually, I like "pseudonames* better smile

... and some of them are not fake or false, which is what 'pseudo' means in Greek so a wee change to the word makes it friendlier.

Elenkalubleton Fri 11-Jan-19 19:14:49

Elenka is my grandaugters name,wish I could attach a photo but don’t know how (Lubleton ) is just made up.

Opelessgran15 Fri 11-Jan-19 19:22:07

How I felt after my first grandson was born! Not only had I seemed to have forgotten everything to do with bringing up children, my DIL's mum delighted in telling me everything I was doing wrong, and how things were now done in a' new way'! Well, I have let her get over herself, and with GC 2 and 3 I feel confident again now and realised the key is to relax. But my first year as a grandmother was a bit unhappy, doesn't seem to have affected GC no 1, we have a very happy silly relationship on the whole and I so love him, and all of 'em!

Nanannotgrandma Fri 11-Jan-19 19:46:54

My husband calls me Grandma to GS but GS call me Nanny

Onestepbeyond Fri 11-Jan-19 20:08:41

cos i'm just one step beyond everyone else

Juggernaut Fri 11-Jan-19 20:09:51

A nickname I've had since my teens!

Mogsmaw Fri 11-Jan-19 20:26:37

My second daughter has an unpronounceable ( apparently!) Scottish Gaelic name. She became so annoyed at people mispronouncing it, or worse, telling her she was wrong in the pronunciation of her own name! She gave up and called herself Mog, it’s her initials,
I’m her maw.

HurdyGurdy Fri 11-Jan-19 21:31:08

In a secret Santa at school in 1976, I was given a little model of a hurdy gurdy that played Lili Marlene.

I loved it, and kept it for years, but it got lost in one of my house moves, sadly.

I use the name as it reminds me of my school friends, most of whom I have lost touch with.

Nonnatimesfour Fri 11-Jan-19 21:39:05

I am not Italian, but love things all Italian and I have four grandchildren so opted for Nonnatimesfour. I probably would choose something completely different another time, something more romantic and less obvious :-)

Nanna58 Fri 11-Jan-19 21:47:00

I love all the ‘monikers’! I obviously have all the creativity of a plank of wood, as I am a Nanna and was born in ‘58, blinding eh??

MissAdventure Fri 11-Jan-19 21:53:23

grin very cryptic..

BlueSapphire Fri 11-Jan-19 21:59:40

Because we had just celebrated our Sapphire anniversary (45 years). And we didn't know it was to be our last one. And he had the previous Christmas bought me a beautiful antique sapphire bracelet.

GabriellaG54 Fri 11-Jan-19 22:06:27

BradfordLass72
smile

narrowboatnan Fri 11-Jan-19 22:35:05

Mines pretty obvious really.

Venus Fri 11-Jan-19 22:41:26

Venus is the brightest star in the sky and that's something I try and aspire to.

NemoNanna Fri 11-Jan-19 22:59:21

It's what my first grandson in Australia called me because I used to amuse him with a toy Nemo fish when we were on Skype. As soon as he saw me he used to say NemoNanna. Now he's older it's just plain Nanna.

Alwaysreading1 Fri 11-Jan-19 23:49:11

Only just started to contribute rather than just reading posts when I joined the 'read 50 books in a year' forum. My husband says that '"you're always reading' so alwaysreading1 was born. Didn't stop to think how silly it might look if i joined in with anything else. Oh well never mind

mancgirl Fri 11-Jan-19 23:50:04

'nuff said!grin

LadyO Sat 12-Jan-19 00:53:07

My very first grandchild was so adored by everyone we referred to her as ‘Lady’ Olivia ?

Marilii Sat 12-Jan-19 02:21:20

Marilii simply because it's close enough to my real name so that I won't forget it. Grin.

Totallylost Sat 12-Jan-19 02:28:36

Because it's how I felt and still do after my DH passed away so suddenly 19 months ago

wellingtonpie Sat 12-Jan-19 06:07:26

It was the first thing that came into my head. Goodness knows why!